• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Interlude 4] - A Hard Day's Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
IN THE LAST EPISODE...

The crew of the ISC Phoenix had decided to party on down in Tami, with Plasma flying left, right and centre as they let their light show ruin the days of the Mishhu.

However, the team, after two missions in a row, has called for some Rest and Relaxation. What better place to do it than Nepleslia Prime? After all, the beaches were still good and the surf was high...

INTERLUDE 4 - START!!

The ISC Big Bird and its crew was only a few hours away from Nepleslia Prime, their trip was relatively unmolested, save for a few scans for Mishhu Life when they passed by Albini.
John had decided to fall asleep at the cockpit with a dirty magazine over his face. Mel had fallen asleep in a bunk after cleaning up her rifle, too. Allison had followed suit, after leaving a report of her diagnosis of the damaged GP-ORV. Hitori, being quiet as could be, slept too.

Sebastian and Anna had woken up, the patriarch still on the couch, stretching languidly. Ambling off to the men's Head and clipping his beard. Anna decided to check up on her patients.
"I trust you slept well, Robert? Nyezeh?" She asked politely.

Crane was still as awake as could be, preparing a selection of breakfast foods. Fruits, cereals, dairy, eggs, toast and sausages were on offer. The pleasant smell wafted through the ship, almost as a signal.

Luca woke up after about ten hours sleep, stretching and yawning mightily. He stood up, shook his tiredness out, walked towards the locker, and suited up in his usual attire, minus the jacket.
He ambled onto the Bridge and gave John a nudge, knocking the magazine off of his face.

"Wh-huh-what?" John asked grumpily.
"Estimated travel time?" Luca inquired.
John checked the instruments, brushing aside another risqué magazine, "Oh, about five, or six hours. It should be midday when we arrive planetside."

"Goody, I'm going to go keep my guns in check, then have some breakfast, you should come too." Luca suggested as he moved into the makeshift armoury, and cleaned out his guns, oiling them and wiping the Mishhu-blood and viscera from them.

Hmm first time in the space, Zeta thought she would be sick, but she was A-okay, and the view was beautiful.
She still didn't have much time to meet other crewmembers. She'd met only captain very briefly, Sebastian and Arin. It looked like others haven't paid much attention but she as okay with that. Most of the time she spent in the garage helping with the any maintenance on GP-ORV.

Vincent slowly shifted his feet off of the table in the kitchen, having finished off the alloted portion of the sandwich. It had taken a lot of pestering on Mel's part to leave the third that he had returned to the refridgerator, otherwise the only trace of the epic sandwich's passing into the ethereal plane that was a few errant strands of lettuce and a stain of tomato juice on the countertop. Instead, a fairly large (by a normal person's standard) chunk of the sandwich had been returned to the fridge, and Vincent had sat contented in the kitchen for a while as people milled about.

At one point, he had managed to fall asleep in his chair, feet up on the table, and only now had proceeded to leave. Stomping off to the armory and gathering up the guns he had left outside for a while, he decided to finish cleaning up his guns.

Luca had finished getting his HHG cleaned up, cleaning out the cylinders and barrel, and oiling everything. He gave it a polish and holstered it. He repeated the process for his other weapons.

"Oh, hey Vince," Luca acknowledged with a smile as he put his last weapon back on his person, "I'm off to get some breakfast. You looking forward chilling out on Nep. Prime?"

"Not really, skipper," Vincent said bluntly, placing his Deviance on the table and beginning to remove the barrels. Removing the first and taking a long pipe cleaner from the weapons kit, he continued, "I'm not really a beach person. Or a vacation person. I think going AWOL was the first time I'd ever been off a Nepleslian ship for a purpose other than combat."

Huuuunger! Oh damn, she was digging into the engine of that car again. Zeta needed to gain her strength once more. She went to get something to eat. Okay now where is the kitchen? It shouldn't be that hard with this ship not being that big.

She walked the corridor until getting to the armoury where captain and some other guy where. Oh god how could I get lost here? "Hello sir!" she saluted to the captain, "May I ask where is the kitchen? Oh and should I store my laser-pistol here in the armoury?" she asked.

Vinent grunted, turning around slowly from his Deviance as Zeta, or Beta, or Gamma, or whatever her name was, walked into the room. In reality Vincent was surprised. If she was coming from the ship's docking bay, she would have had to actually walk past the galley, which confused the ID-Sol to no end. How could she have missed it? It wasn't exactly a small room.

"Just turn back the way you came," Vincent said, "third door on your left. You passed it on the way up here," he said in passing as he went back to tinkering with his Deviance.

Luca chuckled a little bit at Vincent's lack of holidaying, and those he did have were AWOL trips.
"Alright, in that case, as captain, I command you to go on shore leave, or something." The captain gave the hulking man a playful punch, "Live a little. We've all worked hard, so we all deserve to play hard, right? Besides," Luca said as he looked over to his injured shoulder, "This wound will take its sweet time, even with a little regeneration."

His attention then turned to Zeta, "Oh, I'll store that over here," He said as he put Zeta's pistol in one of the empty sets of gun racks.
"I'm heading to the kitchen too, so I'll lead the way,"

"Oh, Luca, what can I get you?" Crane asked as Luca ducked into the kitchen.
"What've you got?" Luca responded, sniffing the air.
"All of this," Crane flourished towards the toasted bread, bacon, sausages, eggs and cereals he had on offer, with orange juice, milk or beer to wash it down with, "Take your pick."

Zeta felt stupid for a while but what is done is done. Better than peeking in all the doors along the way she, found it easier to just find someone and ask. With her pistol safely stored all that was needed is some food and then back to work.
"Thank you." she said to both captain and the big guy he was talking to. than she followed captain to the kitchen. Well it wasn't really small. Captain greeted some man who was already there, based on their conversation it looked like he is chef. "Hello," she said to the guy. "My name is Zeta."

Vincent grunted, playfully punching his captain back. Of course his "playful" punch set Luca about two paces back from where he was before, and the combined looks of shock and comedic value that crossed his face were priceless. "Yes sir," the massive merc said. He then turned back to his work, swabbing down another barrel of his chaingun.

Jim woke from perhaps the longest sleep he had ever undertaken since that one time in school after the longest study session this side of the universe. The waking up after that was terrible, and so was this; he felt exhausted and truthfully wanted to go back to bed. But if his schooling had taught him anything, too much sleep was bad for the body. So clearly, the only option was to get up and active. Luckily in a ship as large as the Big Bird, there was enough space to start jogging, even if he had to turn around quite a bit. Quickly changing into his exercising clothes after showering, Jim stretched out, then started jogging down to the galley, so he could grab a bite to eat prior to exercising.

The journey to the galley was short, and he arrived in no time. Popping in, Jim saw that Crane was in the middle of introductions with the newest member of their crew, Zeta. "Hello you two! I hope you guys are ready for some rest on Nepleslia Prime. Hey Crane, what are you serving up today?"

"Pleased to meet ya," Crane introduced himself to Zeta, doffing his hat, "Crane's the name."

On show were slices of toasted bread, fried bacon, sausages, fried eggs, or milk and cereal ready to be put together. It was very reminiscent of a morning in a hotel restaurant. Orange juice, milk or full-strength Nepleslian beer was available to drink.

Luca picked up two slices of bread, some bacon and a fried egg, turning the ingredients into a sandwich. He had a cup of orange juice to wash it down with.
"Good work, Crane, smells great." Luca commented as he sat down in the lounge with his meal, waiting until the others came along to eat his meal.

Luca noticed that his mother was sitting across from him, with some cereal. She stared at the wound in his shoulder. Although it was bandaged up, she didn't want her son to do anything too rash.

"Nepleslia Prime is 4 hours away and counting," John stated over ship-wide intercom.

That was a lot of food. What to choose? Anything that involves food shouldn't be rushed, She checked everything on the table an then picked few sausages, some eggs and two slices of bread. Glass of orange juice to drink and she was set.
Should be enough, although Zeta felt like she could eat the whole table. But that was just a feeling. She found a place to sit down and digged in.

"That's odd." Vincent poked his head out of the armory door, leaving his chaingun's workstation for a second. He took a big snort of the air wafting from the kitchen. "I didn't know breakfast was being served." The merc scratched his head. Not even the cooks back in the Greens cooked as fast as that strange man in the puffy hat, and all they had to do was ladel some chunky grey slop onto a slice of stale toast and put it on a tray. But this strange man managed to make food into some odd sort of art. And he did it quickly. That was all Vincent could ask for.

Leaving his Deviance on the table, Vincent headed over to the kitchen and immediately began heaping breakfast foods onto his plate.

Arin was at a table mechanically putting cornflakes into her mouth, she decided to be less secretive and broody over her musings hence while here body was out in the common area eating, her mind might as well be back in the ole bunk room thinking away. A new beginning on a new day on a new planet. It was maybe only a few YE ago that the SAoN wrested the then completely barren Nepleslia Prime, now it had infrastructure, industry, enviroment, everything. Maybe the crew could put down roots real quickly too, maybe she could start something a little larger than what she could carry on her back.

"Hey, have we decided on a site or building yet?" Arin shouted, to no one in particular.

"That would be a negative, miss Berelai." Vincent grunted from across the room, shovelling in another mouthfull of food materials before he continued. "If I'm thinking properly right now, and I think I am, then we're probably just going to have a look about when we land or something."

"Luca will probably make up a plan for us as he goes along," Anna added her two DA and sipped some tea.
"Hey, I'm a procedural planner!" Luca retorted with a mouthful of breakfast sandwich. He swallowed and wiped his mouth, "Only movie villains, mad scientists, and Cain make elaborate plans in advance!"

"I don't doubt your cunning, I'm certain you can afford some good accommodations for us," Anna reassured.
"I'll try and get us a place right in front of the beach," Luca said, pointing his thumb to himself, "Failing that, we build one right out on the ocean." Luca chuckled at the prospect, but remembered that villains, mad scientists and (probably) Cain (would) make elaborately placed bases. He coughed and looked away, "Scratch that, actually. Terra firma rules oh-kay."

Meanwhile, John had managed to sneak himself something to eat in discreet fashion. He sat back down at the controls of the Big Bird and made sure it kept chugging along. Allison's assistance made sure it didn't fall apart, keeping one less problem out of his mind.

Only a couple hours to go... I think this ship's internal clock needs adjusting.

"Hey, Crane," Jim chirped, "I think our resident wounded needs some grub. Suppose you could pack up something so I could take it over to him?"

Jim didn't want Robert to be waiting for food, for he knew just how bothersome it was to be stranded without food.

Turning to Luca, he asked, "Hey, Luca. How long do you think it'll take for us to reach Nep Prime?"

Zeta was just finishing her breakfast. She was thinking about going and talk a little with Arin. But it looked like a serious topic was being discussed. Zeta stayed quiet.
It didn't seem her place to have any opinion about anything yet. After all, she was a crewmember of the Phoenix for only a little while.

It looks like they are planing some kind of vacation, surely she won't be part of it. Zeta pondered, She just joined so she could do her share of work before having some time off. There is still an off-road waiting for her to repair.

"Last I checked the bridge console, we were still a few hundred light-years out of Prime," vincent said, shovelling down another mound of egg and cheese, "so maybe an hour, an hour and a half." The soldier shrugged. It had been a while since he had calculated ETA in his head, without the aid of a calculator or the ship's computer, and the equations were slow in coming back. The ballpark figure would do for now though, because he doubted any of the crew would try to beat him to death if he was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back