• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Interupted] Colonization of Taiie IV-Dinner & Breifing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
The ship's AI at the order of Katsuko sent the following message to the members of Delta Wing, as well as other mission critical officers (Akina, Morana, etc):

Please report to the Officer's Dining Hall for a special dinner at 18:00 hours. A debriefing from Delta Mission 01 and a briefing for all 5th fleet personnel regarding the next part of our mission will be given after the meal.

Dress uniforms are required.

SHOSHO MOTOYOSHI KATSUKO

Bishop had just stepped out of the shower when he recieved a message from the ship's AI

Please report to the Officer's Dining Hall for a special dinner at 18:00 hours. A debriefing from Delta Mission 01 and a briefing for all 5th fleet personnel regarding the next part of our mission will be given after the meal.

Dress uniforms are required.

SHOSHO MOTOYOSHI KATSUKO

"Special dinner, Eh?" He thought as he dried himself off,
"debriefing a successfull mission and a nice meal, I'm doing pretty well for my first day,"

Checking the small clock on his desk as he left the bathroom he saw the time was 17:14,

"Better get ready," He thought as he made sure his Dress uniform was unwrinkled and checking with Lucias to see if his bunkmate had gotten the same message

"whats this?" Thought Jaq as he is looked at the data pad. "Well he i quess i don't want to be late to the frist Breifing On this ship! Humm I think i can make it to my room get cleaned up and get to the breifing hall with like 7 minute to spare..... no real time to dally"

Jaq made his way to his room with some haste.

Akina had spent more than half of her day off with Katsuko planning the dining in. Her mood was picking up as she surveyed the converted officer's mess on the Akuro. The head table (on a small stage) had places for (right to left) Shosho Motoyoshi Katsuko, Shosa Shimizu Akina, Tokugawa Taisa(Yss Nomiko), Shosa Shiataori (YSS Asari), and Special Training Officer Yoshike. The grey podium stood near the right side of the table. A holoprojector had been brought in, to project the pertinent data of the evenings events. In idle, it displayed a rotating 5th Expeditionary Fleet Logo. All of the nine tables in the general seating area were finally set with their utensils (including chopsticks). The color of the table clothes remained navy blue, matching the black emblamized napkins that adorned each plate. They were bound by silver lined black napkin rings, ready for use.

The XO glared at one of the remaining enlisted technican, who had miscalcuated a light setting. When it was fixed, Akina looked to the display monitors in the walls, which had the 5th Fleet logo frozen in place on them. The waiting staff had already arrived out of the pool of 500 personnel. There were ten in all, and another ten cooking in the kitchen, supervised by one overworked NCOIC. As she passed the very rear table in relation to the head table, Shimizu examined a program that had been printed for the event.

Dining In Program said:
=-Inside Cover-=
Tenative Schedule of Events:

1800: Cocktails and appitizers
1845: Seating of head table. Mess convened, toasts.
1855: Grog open!
1900: Dinner served
2000: Grog Closed, dessert served. Entertainment
2100: Debriefing, Briefing of 5th Expeditionary Fleet
2134: Dismissal

=-Page 4-=
Infractions warranting a trip to the grog bowl may be noted at any time by the President, Vice President, or any member of the mess. Members bring infractions to the attention of the President by raising a point of order. If the validity of the charge is questioned, members vote by tapping their spoons on the table.
When the President directs a violator to the grog bowl, the individual proceeds to the bowl promptly. Upon arriving at the grog bowl, the violator does the following:
a. Does an about face and salutes the President
b. Does an about face to the bowl and fills the cup
c. Does another about face and toasts the mess
d. Drains the contents of the cup without removing it from the lips, then places it inverted on their head signifying it is empty.
e. Does an about face, replaces the cup, about faces again, salutes the President, and returns to their seat. With the exception of the toast, "To the Mess," the violator is not permitted to speak during this process.
Rules of the Mess - The following is a list of rules under which the mess will be conducted. They are designed to conform to tradition and promote levity. Violators of these rules are subject to the wrath of the Vice. All assigned penalties will be carried out before the membership.
1. One must arrive within 15 minutes of the listed time.
2. One will move to their assigned table and remain standing until seated by the President of the mess when the signal is given.
3. All toasts will be participated in, unless you or your group is honored with a toast.
4. One will ensure that thy glass is always filled when toasting.
5. Toasts and comments will be kept within the limits of good taste and mutual respect. Degrading or insulting remarks will be frowned upon by the membership. However, good natured needling is encouraged.
6. One shall not open the hatch. (talk about work)
7. One shall always use the proper toasting procedures.
8. Consumption of the meal will be in a manner becoming gentlepersons.
9. No laugh at ridiculously funny comments unless the President first shows approval by laughing.
10. The decisions of the President will not be questioned.
((OOC Adapted from AF regulations))

Seeing the schedule was still in order, the XO turned to see that the flag line behind the head table was looking proper. The Imperial Flag came first in precedence, followed by a YSA standard, and then the Admiral's own flag (5th XF). Everything seemed set for the roughly 55 or so operational officers that would be arriving from around the fleet. She smirked to herself and knew the Enlistees would be in for a treat of sorts this evening. The grog had already been filled, a very large punch bowl on a table with row and row of cups nearby. It had been filled with the strongest alcohols possible, and waited for the first violater of the evening.

Just before leaving, she noted the bar that had been set up near the entrance. Entering the corridor and sighing loudly, the Yamataian headed towards the nearest lift to the upper echelon command quarters. My oh my, I'm just SO glad I could do this instead of spending time with ka-chan..at least this will be an enjoyable evening. she thought, wondering if the Shosho would already be getting ready in her quarters or not.

The officer's mess was finally cleared of activity by 1746hrs, as the last non-essential personnel cleared, having just set up a single chair on the floor to the side of the tables, to the respective right and forward up the wall from the head table. There sat a slender blue case, and music stand with some sheets placed on it. Officers from around the fleet and aboard the Akuro had already mostly arrived, and were chatting idly in various groups. The line at the bartender was at five or so, and the two makeshift waitresses wandered among the officers in the reception area with various cheese like appetizers on large silver plates. Light classical music played in the background, and the ambient lighting was pleasantly low.

On the officer's level, the first officer had changed quickly, and made her way to the Captain's bedroom through the shared door between them. She had forgotten all of her makeup on Yamatai, which wasn't much to begin with. Akina sighed heavily as she stared back into the vanity she was sitting in front of. Katsuko was styling her hair, another thing she'd had no idea what to do with before the event. "Well..at least they can't complain if we're late, right Ka-chan?" the Yamataian joked, wrinkling her white jeweled nose stud, to make sure it would twinkle in the bright light.
Leigh has joined the conference.

"Ma'am this is Taii Ami...I tried to relieve Shosa Yoshike but she's refusing to leave the bridge. Says something about not wanting to attend." A sigh left Katsuko's lips as she responded "She is excused...Ami just go down to the Flight Control Bridge and get that equipment inventory done. Motoyoshi out.." she tapped the small button next to her mirror and continued to put her hair up, locking it into place with her fancy sticks. She said without turning "Yea, but we have to at least try to be on time. You almost ready?" she inquired. Meanwhile on the Bridge Shosa Yoshike began to go about the normal command operations of the shift...Reports that the Confidence had arrived were now on her datapad and she began to compute the scans which the Shosho had ordered.

"Ugh..no! I don't know what to do with my hair." she complained, as she finished applying some base taken off of the counter. "I don't know any really elegant way to do my face, either..help me Ka-chan?" her eyes drifted to the Admiral's via the mirror.

She stood up and said "Fine Fine...we have to be quick with it..." she motioned at her makeup and said "Just some blush and eye shadow will do ‘ya...as for your hair...I can take care of that..." she motioned Aki to sit in the chair. The AI interrupted "ShoSho I remind you of your event in the Officer's Mess" Kat responded "We are getting there...shut up KAMI" she was obviously getting frustrated as that they were now close to being late.

Bishop had entered the Dining Hall five minutes early, he had opted to wait for his bunkmate Lucias but he had told him to go on ahead, It was quite the formal looking event, Had better be on my best behavior then he thought happily to himself as he took a few more steps inside to get his bearings about the room, he found where he and the rest of Delta wing were to sit close by the head table but waited until a few more of his wing mates showed up before taking a place there, instead he headed towards the bar, but would wait until the commander would show up until getting himself a drink, in the mean time he tried to mingle with the officers

Jaq took the long walk to the dinning hall, bypassing the lifts. Slowly adjusting all the small bits on his dress uniform. he was relatively nervous about the whole thing, mostly because he thought there might be a grog there and he hadn't have good memories of grogs of days past. When Jaq finally arrived at the hall he was awe-stricken to see all the officers there. As he surveyed the room he noticed that the Shosho wasn't there yet. He also found the table at which delta wing was to sit and was surprised to see that it was so close to the front, this had to mean that delta wing was in for something special, at least in his mind.

Stupid neko. She's going to make me tear what little hair I have out. Corro thought to himself as he entered into the dining hall. He was starting to get rather flush after the heated exchange. A drink would only worsen things. But maybe just one would calm the nerves. The Nepleslian casually tried to fade into the back wall while loosening his collar. He caught one of the waitresses and took a piece of the cheese like food from the tray. Inspecting it with his own culinary eye he cracked a smile and happily chomped down on the morsel. At least the food is up to par.

Jaq thought to him self while walking over to the bar "Baring asking every one in this room who is in delta wing I'm stuck as-to who the hell are my wing-mates...." Jaq asked the bartender for a cup of coffee when he finally got to the front of the line, he didn't want any alcohol just incase he got called on something for the grog.

Turning around to face whoever had asked the question he found himself facing a man a little larger then himself and a little older then himself, "Delta Wing?" Bishop asked, "Speak of the devil I guess," he joked offering his hand to who was obviously a new addition to the wing "Name's Bishop Kuroi," he said, signaling to bartender with his other hand for a drink The Neko shrugged, and handed the Enlisted man a recently dispensed white wine, in a tall crystal glass.

"Well then that answers my question where all the delta wing people are." Jaq reached out and shook Bishops hand. "Well my names Jaq Draco and it's nice to meet a new wing mate!"

Corro sighed a brief breath of relief and composed himself. Retightening his collar he stepped back in the midst of the party. He tried to ignore most of the officers, giving them quick salutes when he met their gaze. Slowly he pushed over to the bar and made his way into the line that was forming. A hard drink should but away some bad feelings right now. Perhaps even help me warm up to people. Corro noticed Bishop ahead of him, at the bar. Leaving the line Corro moved to join his squad mate. "Kuroi." Corro said curtly and nodded to him, ignoring Jaq for the moment.

"Is this a member of delta wing also" said Jaq as he looked at the Nepleslian man walking over and talking to Bishop.

"Heh yeah, of course where are my manners," Bishop said taking a quick sip of the wine the bartender had passed him "Corro this a new addition to the Wing," he explained turning his head towards Jaq, his brow furrowed, "Jaq Draco you said it was?" he asked

"Quite so. What is this gentleman's name?" Jaq inquired looking at man that had walked over.

The officers in the mess began eyeing the immaculately set tables as the candles at all nine tables and the head table were lit by a handful of kitchen staff. Meanwhile, Akina quickly finished applying the blush she borrowed from Katsuko. "That's nice.." she said, setting down the applicator brush into it's case. Shimizu smiled but didn't move her head, watching the other work quickly. "I don't feel so bad now, at least we get to go together!" came a cheery outburst.

It was minutes until Katsuko had all the sticks in Akina's hair, hers took three of them to hold the elaborate ponytail up. Katsuko looked at Aki through the mirror "There...Now don't forget I had Santo Hei Kia put our civy clothes in Briefing room one so we can head over to the Asari once this is done. We have to hit up the sales before they find out they will be becoming a colony right away." She smiled, Aki was looking marvelous, so much so that she had to subdue to urge to cancel the dinner. Smoothing out her white paneled skirt dress uniform she said "You look beautiful...Now can we go?"

"This is Corro Adlich, Jaq" Bishop said with a polite nod towards Corro, "Me, him and Mayuko flew the war games with Alpha squad a little earlier today," Bishop told Jaq proudly, then turned to Corro, "Say where is Mayuko anyways? Didn't you mumble something about bunking with her after the mission?" he asked.

"Santo Hei Adlich." Corro responded plainly and offered his right hand out to Jaq. "And don't mention that name to me right now." Corro added as he looked toward Bishop with a hint of annoyance in his facial expression.

Jaq returned the hand shake, but paused as soon as he touched Corro's hand. "It's metal... interesting. how pray-tell did you acquire this little thing?"

"An unfortunate accident several years back." Corro replied to Jaq and released from the handshake rather quickly. He turned from his two teammates to approach the bar. A very hard drink would be good now. Corro groaned in his mind. Waiting for his turn in line Corro stepped up to the bar. "Miss, I'll take the hardest drink you are able to mix, please." Corro asked the bartender with sincerity and a smile. He was soon given a short round glass, filled with a swirling blue concoction.

Akina winked in the mirror at Katsuko as she stood. "All right! Let's go Ka-chan." she commented, pecking her lover on the cheek, then looking both her own form and the other officer in the mirror. She clicked off the light and walked with the Admiral as they descended the stairs through the cavernous main area of the quarters. Soon they were in a lift that would shortly place them near the Officer's Galley. The hour was quickly passing it's halfway point.

In the lift Katsuko smiled looking at Akina, meanwhile she hiked up her skirt an extra quarter inch above regulation. "Much better...can't go ruining all those rumors..." It was obvious that Katsuko had little heed for the opinions of her social life, after all it was not like she had a superior within even two systems. She leaned forwards and planted a kiss on Akina's lips just before the lift doors opening into the corridor leading to the Officer's Mess. The security detail getting an eyeful of the rampant rumors that had began the day before, rumor no more...just proven fact.

Jaq raised his brow after Corro pulled his hand away. "Ohh.... That wasn't the right line of questioning was it?" he asked, looking to Bishop for an answer.

Bishop shrugged and took another sip of his drink, then leaned in a bit and whispered "Maybe a little personal for an icebreaker I Guess," then adding "Though he seems to be a little to high strung for his own good,"

"Well then" Jaq said to bishop, "I have to remember to apologize if he comes back..." Jaq then thought to him self ' way to go Jaq... the second wing mate you meet you offend... smooth move'. Looking back at bishop he blurted out " So when do we get to sit down?!"

Akina licked her lips before glaring at the slack-jawed sentries with a harsh gaze. She was certainly glad she had borrowed the blush a bit earlier. "All right, here we go!" she added, staying behind the Admiral and just to her right, raising the hem of her skirt uniform about half as much as the woman in front of her had. Maybe they won't think anything is wrong this way.. she thought, concerned for the other officers. "KAMI, have the other officers arrived?" she asked. "Yes, the head table will be seated at your signal." came the curt reply. The voice was very cute, thanks to Katsuko, but Akina still decided she would need to tinker with it later. She caught up to the right side of the Shosho as they entered the doors to the officer's mess.

"Well this is a good sign," Bishop quickly whispered as Katsuko and the first officer entered, one of the officers shouted "ShoSho on deck," and Bishop stood at attention

The flight aboard the Allegra was surprisingly short. Murasaki Aoiko had barely had the time to skim over the technical manuals relating to her new position on the Akuro before the transport was docked. She carefully smoothed out the lines on her dress whites as she glanced over her orders again. "Do hope this is appropriate,â€

Brinn walked as quickly through the halls as he could while still keeping some semblance of dignity. Every few strides he would fiddle with the dress uniform trying to make it fit a little more comfortably. It had been hastily thrown on but with his near obsessive tampering he thought it looked pretty good. 'Auh, I didnt expect to have to get dressed up like this right after I arrived'. By the time he reached his quarters and stowed his gear he just had enoug time to clean himself up and get dressed before heading to the dinner. 'Im not used to these kinds of things dammit, just got to keep it together'.

'Ah, there it is', giving his uniform one last check and heaving a sigh Brinn entered the dinning hall. 'There are quite a few people present.' He slowly makes his way through the crowd trying to reach the bar. When he finally did he had just enough time to grab a drink before someone shouted "ShoSho on deck" behind him. Turning quickly Brinn came to attention,'You cut it pretty close there buddy' he reprimanded himself. After watching the Admiral enter and relase them from attention he moved to his place at one of the tables, wishing all the while that it had been closer to the edge of the gathering. Taking a small sip of his drink he suddenly felt queasy. Trying hard to keep his discomfort to himself Brinn awaited the signal to be seated.

(OOC wasn't sure if the hammer was the signal to be seated so... yeah, if it was then just assume that I sat down with everyone else.)

Lucias had slipped in a little later than his bunkmate, however, did not join them at the bar. Rather, they would find him at the Delta Wing table with hands behind his back standing at attention in full dress uniform. When the others came to the table he'd introduce himself with handshake and smile, these men were to be side by side in combat, it best get to know them.

((OOC: Sorry about short post and lack of posting. Besides working everyday in the morning I"m re-roofing my Grandma's house right after work everyday, which doesn't leave much time since we work through dark.))

"Hmm? What is this?" Caine asked after arriving and finding his quarters with a little help from the computer. "A formal dinner? Dammit, and I'm already late!" He said in a bit of a rush. The 17 year old half elf Yamataian got cracking on changing into the formal dress uniform dancing around a bit in his rush, toppled onto the bed which helped. After a few minutes of rushed dressing, the Santo Hei finally got into the uniform. "Phew ok that was a pain in the ass, but I'd still better hurry." He told himself, straightening the formalwear.

Caine walked through the hallway to the converted messhall brushing a hand in his hair nervously. First assignments always sucked and it was worse due to the fact they were in space. He paused once outside the room listening to the people talking inside wondering how many were in there and how many were Delta Team members. He got himself together and walked in and looked over the group that were there, Caine shrugged himself and went over to the table that was the only one that had open seats. He stood at attention hands behind his back and would introduce himself once called upon.

It had appeared things were running along smoothly, that was until she seen Caine arrive late. She would not interrupt the now expected toasts, but merely note to Aki, It would appear the grog has it's first participant. She smoothed out her white skirt and brushed at her uniform before she noticed the attendant was ready with the decanter.

Katsuko gave a smile as she accepted the decanter filled with fine port wine from the closest attendant, she then filled her glass as the other attendants filled the glasses of the other officers and then the members of Delta wing and other crew. After she passed the decanter and all the glasses were filled at the head table Katsuko raised her glass, her delicate grip upon the crystal stem. "To his Imperial Majesty; the Emperor of Yamatai.â€

"To the Emperor." Akina repeated flatly with the others, holding up her glass in front, before sipping from it's contents. At least it's starting well enough.. the first officer thought, her eyes examining the doors to the kitchen. She hoped her meal choice would go over well.

Caine accepted the decanter when it came to him and filled his glass and passed it along and rose the glass in toast, though he really didn't understand the reasons why. "To the Emperor!" He said in unison with the other members of the table. He'd think a few negative things about this situation, but knew anyone of the nekos could be listening in.

Aoiko frowned, ever so slightly, as she crept as unobtrusively as possible along the wall to the back. 'Not two minutes on the ship,' she thought darkly, 'and already I am mucking it up. How lovely. I do hope this will cease soon.' As she reconsidered this career change, she manouvered herself into an apparently-empty spot, ideal due to the positioning of much taller people on either side to conceal her. She bowed to each of them quickly, then lifted her glass just in time for the toast. 'To the Emperor,' she chorused along with the rest of the hall, then took a sip. The wine was certainly rather good, and her eyes strayed down to the elegant table settings before her. Her frown softened somewhat - if there were more briefings like this, it may not be such a bad career move after all.

"To the Emperor," Brinn echoed his shipmates. Raising his glass he took another sip of his drink, which only served to increase the churning he felt in his stomach. As he lowered his glass he couldn't help grimacing slightly. Shutting his eyes he took a deep breath; then, breathing it out slowly, he tried to calm himself down.
Wes said:
Fixed about 10 errors in this post, mostly tense and punctuation. Proofread your posts, Seth.

Letting the closest attendent fill his wine glass, Corro eyed the dark liquid with some hesistation. Corro never quite though of himself as a wine person, it always seemed too genteel for him. But he knew under the current circumstances he had to make an exception.

"To his Imperial Majesty; the Emperor of Yamatai.â€

"To the Emporer," Bishop choursed loudly with the rest of the Hall's occupants, taking a healthy sip of wine,
"better keep an eye on that Jaq guy," he thought to himself, but tried to keep his mind focused on the nights events
"stay sharp and look smart," He reminded himself

Akina: ON> YSS Akuro, Officer's Galley

Jatsu ran to the dining hall. He took a moment to catch his breath and straighten his uniform, then crept through the door. He walked along the wall toward an empty seat and sat down, trying not to draw attention to himself.

Jaq responded to toast as normal "to the emperor" he looked around the table and caught a strange look from Bishop. 'What does he want?' he thought to him self

Katsuko raised he glass once more and said "To the 5th Expeditionary Fleet..." a smile crossed her lips as she gave recognition to those who serve below her. She had a lot of pride when it came to the 5th. It was evident in her very lift in spirits, as opposed to her quiet toned recognition of the Empire. Sure she loved the empire but the people in the room were much more important. She awaited their responses

Akina smiled pleasantly. "Here here!" and raised her glass again with the other officers at the table, drinking some more. Even better, she would be able to eat AND watch the grog before her own part in the entertainment of the evening.

Brinn quickly opened his eye's. "Here here!", he said with what conviction he could muster. He slowly took another sip of his drink.

"Here here!" Bishop said with the rest of the hall, he kept his smile for appearances but was wondering if Jaq had caught him looking at him, 'Crap, now it'll be awkward all night,' he thought to himself.

Before Jaq could place his glass back on the table he had to raise it again in agreement. "Here Here!" Jaq had only been there for a short time and had only heard a little about the fleet but he had a good outlook for it.

Aoiko glanced up from the table settings before her as the Shosho spoke again. 'Here, here!' she chorused along with everyone else in the hall, though with somewhat less enthusiasm than the previous toast.

Jatsu raised his glass. "Here here," he said. He smiled, thinking "Well, I guess I didn't miss much. That's a relief..."

Corro raised his wine glass again and nodded to Katsuko. "Here, here." he responded to the toast. His voice remained monotone and flat. He raised the glass to his lips with his left hand and took another small sip of it.

The Flag Admiral then rose her glass, and said " To the crew of the Akuro, and the finest officers in the Empire..." she gave her third toast, being rather glad that such official things would soon be done. She was staved, placing a hand upon her stomach, she could smell the food from the kitchen. She awaited their response once more.
"Here here!" came the reply from the first officer. She sent a mental message to the supervisors in the kitchen. They were ready.

"Here, here" replied Brinn, drinking for a third time from his glass. He sat the glass down with a slightly shaking hand. Silently hoping that that was the final toast.

"Here, here" Bishop said again taking another sip, he looked at his glass, only a mouthful left, 'Wonder if I could fake it?' he thought while suppressing a chuckle, "Good stuff," he whispered to Jaq beside him.

Jaq raised His class yet again to meet the toast. I reaallly hope this is the last toast, damn I'm hungry he thought to him self. As he surveyed the table he could tell a few of the others felt the same way.

Jatsu lifted his glass once again. "Here here," he unenthusiastically said. I kind of regret running here...I could have spent some time talking with the AI instead of wasting it on these formalities. he thought, then took a sip of his wine.

Aoiko raised her glass once more, echoing those around her. Glancing at the scant amount of port left in it, she wondered if that was the final toast, or if they would be passing around the decanters again. Either way was fine with her.

"Here. Here." Corro replied once again, his voice still not changing. He had become quite still and stiff as he raised his wine glass to Katsuko and Akina and took a third sip from it.

She then declared "You may be seated, dinner will be served in a moment." she pulled out her chair and sat down, waiting to see what Akina had arranged for the meal...

Allright, serve the salad with the main course. She thought the staff, a quick reply of Yes ma'am. Returned to her, and shortly after a line of carts came out, their attendants stopping and laying the same meal out for each member of the mess. It was a Caesar salad to begin with, and then a light chicken cordon bleu. The chefs had combined the side of white rice with some spicy seasoning. The attendants disappeared, and half of them returned to wander around and take drink orders. Akina smiled and ordered a pink zinfandel from the black haired Neko taking the head table's orders.

Brinn gratefully took his seat at the table. As he did so he made sure to push the glass with the remainder of his drink as far from himself as decorum would allow. He sat silently as the meal was served. "Can I just have a glass of water please." he told the waiter when he came around.

Bishop took his seat with the rest of his table, he reviewed all the rules for the grog and proper manners for these dinners, Bishop had learnt them, but hadn't figured he'd be using them so soon. A waitress came around and he asked her for a refill of his glass, grateful for the food that was now being served

"Thank you" Jaq said to the Neko that served him his food. He hadn't eaten a thing in a long time and he was happy that some food was finally here. Leaning towards bishop "This food looks good... hopefully it taste the same."

Jatsu thanked the attendant as his food was placed in front of him. He looked around, thinking "I should probably wait for everyone else before I start eating." When the attendant came back to take drink orders, Jatsu asked for a screwdriver then looked down at his food. "Looks good," he thought, then glanced around the room again to see if he could start eating.

"Yeah, I've always figured Neko's make good cooks," He replied. Bishop was pretty good at conversation when he needed to be, he thought about asking a little more about Mayuko from Corro but thought better of it instead he just turned to his wing mate and said "Dinner's shaping up to look pretty good, eh?" he said.

Aoiko bowed slightly, with a soft, "Thank you,â€

Akina drank her liqoured up coffee and ate her cheesecake. This is the good thing about all this..choosing the menu. She chatted with the officer on her right some, and another ten minutes with Katsuko about what to buy to fill her empty closets, among other things. KAMI, do you have your part queued up?

Yes, Shosa.

The XO enjoyed her buzz, and let her stomach settle a bit before squeezing Motoyoshi's leg at the knee. Special, just for you. she smiled and rose from her seat, pushing it back in and descending the stairs, she sat in the simple chair where her violin case was. The light level above her raised slightly, as she drew some resin across her bow before placing the instrument under her chin.

Two chimes sound. "Attention members of the mess. For your entertainment, Shosa Shimizu Akina, and KAMI as pianist. If you wish to continue your conversations, please do so quietly."

The pins Katsuko stuck in her hair reflected slightly from their different angles through her hair as she inhaled heavily, and looked to the sheet music on her stand. KAMI led in, playing through the speakers, and the Yamataian soon joined her.

(http://www.musicabona.com/samples/classcd447_1_05.mp3 for this piece's reference)

Upon receiving his drink Corro began to relax more. Quietly sipping the coffee with bourbon he took in his surroundings again. The looks he was receiving from his fellow Delta Wing members gave him the impression he wasn't making the best impression on them.

Well maybe I should try moving on to the full-blown drunk. Corro commented to himself. He decided against it as the fleet leadership was currently on hand. He would have to wait until after they left to pick up what leftovers there were in the bar.

"Attention members of the mess. For your entertainment, Shosa Shimizu Akina, and KAMI as pianist. If you wish to continue your conversations, please do so quietly."

At the sound of the chimes and the announcement Corro turned to the stage. As the KAMI and Akina began to play Corro found himself becoming enthralled by the music and the light. He sank back into his chair with a more relaxed facial expression.

Caine was enjoying his dessert as the music started. It wasn't exactly his preference but he wouldn't say anything about that. It was still odd being so far away from home and family, it was tough on him to be away but oh well. "Nice music, not exactly my taste but it isn't bad." he said quietly to whoever was next to him.

Jatsu took a sip of his water. The soft music combined with all the alcohol wasn't having a very good effect on him. His head was spinning and his eyelids were becoming heavy. He stared down at his ice cream and slowly blinked a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back