• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 5th XF [Interupted] Colonization of Taiie IV-Dinner & Breifing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katsuko smiled as Akina took up her violin, she had not brought her flute purposely not wanting to perform at the function. She had sent back her desert twice before the waiter decided to get it right, a small cup of orange-pineapple sherbet was placed before her with two sweet rice wafers. A tiny spoonful was taken as Akina began to play.

Very nice Aki she thought to her XO. Her grey eyes flickered with a sparkle of silver as she glanced over those gathered. It would soon be time for the briefing, the purpose of all this would soon to come to light. She became enthused by the music, commenting to the waiter however on his way past "Could you ask that Santo Hei Corro Adlich make his way up here..â€

A light tap on his shoulder broke the hold the music had on Corro. The waiter standing next to him leaned in and spoke in low voice.

"Shosho Motoyoshi wishes for you to make your way to the head table." The waiter told Corro before moving on to another table.

Cautiously finishing the last of his spiked coffee in a single gulp. Corro began to stand up from his spot at the enlisted table. He looked about the room for a minute to see if anyone else was making their way up to the head table. When he didn't see anyone a shiver when down his spine.

"Well gentlemen I need to excuse myself." Corro said in a low voice as to not disrupt Akina's playing. He pushed in his chair and began to make his way towards the head table. He attempted to be as quiet as possible, but his cybernetics in his legs made a very low whine with each step.

Soon enough he had made his way to the outer edge of the head table. He stood still for a second trying to calm himself. "Santo Hei Corro Adlich reporting." He whispered out to the fleet leaders at the table. He then moved into a sharp salute and stood quietly at attention waiting to be recognized.

Lifting his head slightly off the table Brinn's eyes saught the source of the music that had interrupted his misery. 'Oh it's the first officer, I didn't see her move. She seems quite good, although I've never been one for music.' Setting his head back on the table he once more focused his energy on felling better. Every so often a server would come by and ask if he needed anything. To which he inevitably replied "No".'Can't they see I'm not feeling well. I just want to be left alone for a moment.'

Bishop sat back in his chair, relaxed and tried to make tails of everything around him, the grog was mking his head swim and all he could hear was the music being played, not at all even aware if anyone was talking to him, his sense of sound so pronounced right now that he could taste the sound on the dessert, for some reason Bishop found he didn't even mind, the music reminded him of something, but he couldn't quite put his name on it.

Leading into a small flourish, the piece ended with both Akina and KAMI trailing off into silence. The Yamataian held her bow on the violin for dramatic effect, before standing to acknowledge the rising sound of applause. She handed her instrument to an attendant, who set it away in it's case. Dessert had finally been cleared, and the few attendants still left were only taking drink orders and pouring water. Corro waited at the edge of the head dinner table. Already announcing his rank and name he now waited nervously for the response. He felt like the room temperature had increased and he was about to sweat bullets. As Akina finished Corro briefly released himself from his salute to applaud her and the KAMI's duet. Her music had done much to relax him, but now he was tightening up with anxiety again.

Aoiko, her head tilted slightly to the side, applauded quite warmly. Lovely, she thought. I was not expecting this kind of culture. This may be rather pleasant. She nodded politely to the attendant, waving away the offered drink refill.

After a few moments Brinn noticed that the music had stopped playing. Looking up he saw the first officer bow. Sighing, he pushed himself up into a sitting position to see what was going to happen next.

Hmph, still not as good as back home but it's not as bad as those drunk nepleslians in that bar back on Yamatai. Caine thought arrogantly as he sat the glass down from finishing the liquid inside. He just looked up at Corro and smirked wickedly at him, noticing his body language telling of his anxiety. Foolishness, he shouldn't be that nervous. The young Yamataian just quietly watched the proceedings.

Jaq was Absently aware of the music stopping... or even existing in the first place. he was straining his mind to keep sentient thought because of that blasted grog! He was trying to focus on his hand with little avail when he got snapped back into reality by the clapping that arose around him. He attempted to join in but miss hitting his two hands together 30% of the time.

Applauding with the rest of the Hall, 'Not bad, not bad at all' He thought to himself, absently trying to fill his mind with thoughts to distract from the dull throb that was starting in his head, he looked over at the Head table to see Corro standing there looking anxious, 'I doubt he's in any trouble, he's only been here a day,' he thought taking a drink of water

Katsuko smiled, clapping as Akina finished her musical performance her eyes then settling upon Corro "Good evening, please feel free to sit Santo Hei for I will need you shortly." she then rose from the table approaching Akina as she handed the instrument to the attendant. "Thank you for a lovely dinner, well planned Aki..." she commented, giving a nod.

Two of the attendants began to set up the holographic emitter relay at the front of the room. Several enlisted crew now entering to perform their jobs preparing for the briefing to come, The head table was cleared except for Corro, and the Shosas from the Asari and the Namiko.

Akina smiled bashfully, a touch unused to such praise since before her days on the Turtle. "It was my pleasure.." she said from the corner of her mouth as she turned to face the assembled mess. Can I go change yet? she complained between their private channel. I have a wedgie.. she made sure not to give anyone else a glimpse by turning around, yet unable to fix it as the eyes hadn't left her. KAMI chimed in once more, as the applause finally ceased and the members of the mess took their seats. "Attention, this evening's briefing and orders will now begin."

When the KAMI spoke it seemed much slower, the feminine voice seemed almost sleepy as it did so...

Corro responded quickly and snapped a salute. "Thank you, Ma'am." He quietly dropped the salute. He moved towards where the head table was and sat where he was told as the Admiral and Akina remained where they were. Silently he stared forward and waited for the briefing to begin.

Aoiko glanced up as the KAMI spoke. Interesting, she thought. Does it change its voice depending on the time? She dismissed such thoughts as she looked back to the stage, straightening her back a little as she waited for the briefing proper to begin.

Caine yawned a bit covering his mouth politely and leaned back in his chair using a toothpick his attention up on the top brass. He just was waiting for the orders to come out. Jaq fell back into his seat and went back to his trying to say sane routine. At the Ai's announcement Brinn stared wondering if perhaps he would need to take a look at the speech systems later.

Katsuko commented back, I'll help you change before we go check out that new ship that is supposed to arrive in a few hours... a pause before she asked That sounded odd. Once we get done we should check with the operators, something's not right with that voice. She passed it off, meanwhile stepping back towards the front of the room now looking upon those gathered. She said in a strong commanding voice "Attention to Orders..." then awaited all to rise. The officers snapped up to attention almost instantly, the others falling behind.

Meanwhile on the bridge, Yoshike handed off the clipboard to the Taii which was scheduled to take over for her "I need to go to the Ixa, taking a few sentries with me to shake down the training crew I have.

With that Yoshike joined Santo Hei Dargo, the former executive chef aboard the Akuro in the lift and they headed towards the shuttle bay. She nodded to him cordially, he slipped her a electronic data pad and said "Its all in order Shosa..." she smiled as the lift doors opened and she continued towards the shuttle bay.

Aoiko carefully rose up at the call to attention, keeping her hands delicately folded in front of her. Her head tilted very slightly, involuntarily, as she listened to the Admiral.

Brinn, thankfully, was feeling close to normal again by the time the Admiral called for attention. He was only a little dizzy as he pushed himself up for his chair and stood at attention. Standing there he started to ponder what could be wrong with the AI that would make its vocal representation malfunction so.

Akina reddened slightly, not having processed the alcohol using her engineered body, instead enjoying it. Katsuko's comment had reminded her of something, and she was glad, (though somewhat annoyed by her persistent wedgie) to be at attention. I wonder if his head will explode when she promotes him. Oh well..almost done! Keep at it! she thought, staring blankly ahead.

As the Shosa next to him rose to attention, Corro quickly followed suit. He attempted not to fall behind, but he was just a bit behind on the report. Standing at the head table was starting to affect him, he felt arrogant already and proud to be standing there. But he still attempted to look as stern as possible, standing as stiff as he could.

"Usually I would reserve promotions to the end of the briefing, but I feel that in this case than an exception is to be made in this case. I will spare you all with the formalities as that we have a lot to discuss in the upcoming minutes." She paused reaching into her pocket and pulling from it a small rank pin. "Santo Hei Corro Adlich, under the provisions of the regulations of the Star Army of Yamatai, I hereby promote you to the official rank of Ittô Hei, and grant you the field title of Wing Leader of the Akuro's newest power armor wing, which I will introduce during the proceedings of this meeting." She looked to Corro, eyeing up the man as she stated "Come forth and receive your recognition..."

Akina stared blankly forward, already wondering what to blow her savings on with Katsuko. They had discussed the orders earlier, and she was glad to finally be through with most of the burden for the evening.

Swallowing the lump in his throat Corro began to march forward to Katsuko. I can't believe this is happening. His body felt like it was moving involuntarily. Arriving in front of Katsuko Corro snapped salute to the fleet commander. "Thank you. I hope to serve to your standards and meet your expectations." he spoke with solidarity in his voice.

It took mere minutes for the shuttle to clear the bay, Yoshike turning to the Chief Computer Technician from the Akuro planting a kiss just above his nose. She whispered "All set darling?" she purred leaning into him on the seat. He gave a smile in return "Its all done...sweetie." Yoshike's look turned sour towards him as she shoved her pistol into his gut "Then here is your reward...." two shots blasted into his gut relieving him of life.

She looked at the time on the display as the shuttle docked with the Ixa and the airlock opened..."Initiate Protocol..." was the command she gave as the sentries she brought with her opened fire onto the trainees which she had ordered to receive them, already the ships AI's programs altered by her late companion....the second ticked.
Back on the Akuro Katsuko put the pin upon the soldier's uniform and prepared to begin the briefing.

Corro saluted Katsuko a final time before returning to his seat. His step was much prouder and his eyes gleamed with a hint of arrogance and quiet celebration.

Aoiko joined in the polite applause for the man's promotion, watching him carefully as he moved. She clasped her hands behind her back again, patiently waiting for Katsuko to continue.

"Here comes your just desserts bitch...Here they come..." Yoshike muttered beneath her breath as she pushed the dead Chui out of the Command Chair onboard the Ixa. The view screen locked upon the Akuro and the rest of the command group. Seconds later it began with the outward positioned ships in the fleet, their lights flickered, and went dark.

Moments later the lights in the Officer's mess went dark, The technician and the others loyal to Yoshike had planted micro-charges along the connections of the primary and secondary power systems, which exploded simultaneously with the rogue program's activation within the KAMI's core, inner layer and outer layer...The ACS system which was set to reboot the system also rigged to only bring environmental controls back online.
"What the hell....report...report" Katsuko said from the darkness scrambling to see something, anything.

Brinn's applause joined the others around him. Unfortunately he was still trying to work out in his head the reason the AI had malfunctioned that he clapped for a second after everyone else stopped. The lights flickered, 'This system must really need service.'

Aoiko's head snapped up as the lights died. She glanced quickly from side to side, straining to see in the blackness. 'I do not suppose anyone here brought a flashlight, hmmm?' she asked coolly. 'No matches? No lighters?'

"This can't be good. Admiral, this shouldn't happen at all. Something is wrong." Akina broke her position, squeezing Katsuko's arm in the dark to let her know where she was. Her other hand brushed her holster, making certain her NSPA2 was still there, in a slightly aprehensive fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…