• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei [Interview]Earle Savina

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
ON: ARIES STATION, NATARIA
Yoshiko walked into the briefing room that she had booked to conduct interviews for her crew. After having reviewed the available candidates she had picked those who she found most interesting. She had sent orders for the first potential crewmember, Earle Savina to meet at the station for briefing. His interview would commence shortly. Until then Yoshiko somehow managed to suppress her energy and sat down, glancing again at Savina's record. He's everything I could possibly want. Yoshiko thought as she read. A timer on the datapad went off, indicating that in less than five minutes Savina would arrive and the interview would commence.

Two minutes later in walked a short, thin Yamataian man with similarly short and thin hair. "Earle Savina, reporting for duty," he said in a voice unbefitting his appearance. While the man (boy?) standing before Yoshiko looked more like a new recruit, his voice was that of a trained solider.

Yoshiko shifted a little to make herself more comfortable. "Take a seat please." Yoshiko said as she placed the datapad on the table and rested her arms on the chair's armrests. The room seemed to be a mission briefing room, it had about 14 chairs sitting around an oval table, at the head of which sat Yoshiko. The walls were grey with lighting fixtures every two feet or so that beamed light in both directions against the wall.

"Thank you," he responded, sounding more relaxed. He took a seat near the Shosa. No sense having to shout, he thought he studied the Shosa. She definitely seemed more relaxed than his last commander. As long as this isn't going to be some sort of power-play, he considered. After all, if she's a new Captain she might want to assert her dominance early. It was clear that behind his eyes the wheels in his head cranking. Of course, he thought, that could simply be her cover.

Yoshiko watched as he took a seat near her, this pleased her greatly. "Your record indicates that you have some experience as an operative in SAINT, Savina-Hei. It looks like you've had a large number of ST restorations, and no small amount of body changing for operations that you participated in. How comfortable are you with constantly changing your body?" Yoshiko had read the file herself, so she knew what to expect as an answer, but she wanted to hear it from Earle herself.

"A body is simply another tool," he answered coolly. "And usually a very effective one. Especially in non-Yamataian space where transfers are very uncommon." He paused for a second, before adding, "And even around here so many people still rely on visual confirmation that ST technology makes our jobs that much easier."

Yoshiko nodded, "I agree. I see from your record that this isn't your real body. In fact, you don't consistently use the same body ever. What's your reasoning behind this?" Yoshiko couldn't rely on the man's tells to give him away, after all if he had made it this far he'd be able to control his body language.

"It's just another layer of security," Earle confessed. "For official things, like today's meeting, I'm Earle Savina, at least in name." He laughed, "At this point even that feels like a constructed identity. After the meeting I'll be Tom again. At least until the next op. Then I'll be someone else. Earle won't exist, neither will Tom." Earle smiled. "It's kind of exciting, to be honest. How many other people get to experience so much in a single lifetime?"

"I see." Yoshiko paused before asking the next question. "I think it would be good if you chose an 'identity' for yourself. You'll need to get to know your fellow operatives, and it would make it rather difficult for them to come to rely on you and trust you if they don't feel like they know who you if you are never the same." Yoshiko absentmindedly twisted one of her bangs around her finger. "Also, I see you have some experience as an operative. Do you feel like if given the room to decide how to execute a mission you can work fluidly with others who have that same authority?"

Earle paused at the question as he watched the Shosa's idiosyncratic behavior and considered internally what would need to be done. Tom here was unsuitable if he was going to have to have a long term association with a body. "Yes ma'am," he responded. "Working with a small group of individuals with a variety of different experience to draw upon is what I consider to be an ideal situation." He cleared his throat and added, "Also, I'll need to requisition a more appropriate body."

"Understandable, you'll have 24 hours to be transferred into your new body. I have a few last questions though before you leave. Once transferred into your new body, would you like to still be called Earle or Savina-Hei, or do you prefer to be called a different name? Also, is there anything that you feel that I need to know about yourself?"

"I'd prefer to be called 'Red,' ma'am," Earle admitted. "It was my nickname in the infantry and it has suited me fine so far. Though, I'll have a name for my new body, of course, so you can use that one as well. It wouldn't do too well for Earle Savina to be a name heard much around, you know."He thought about the second question for a moment, musing on the type of person the Shosa was.

"As for the other thing, well, I'm a pretty simple guy. That's how I like ops, too. Keep it simple and that leaves little room for things to get fucked up. Oh, and you should know that I have an second backup from when I joined SAINT. It's there for when I retire or what have you. Just in case, you know."

"Simple is good. Make it too complex and nobody buys it. Very well, I think that concludes the interview for now. You are to report to the YSS Genei in 24 hours. You are dismissed." As Yoshida finished her sentence she mentally authorized Red to request any standard body type for transfer, as well as authorized him to board the Genei.

"Thank you, ma'am. I look forward to serving under you." He stood and bowed before walking out the room. Overall, he was pleased with the interview. Though, he was a little disappointed in having to adopt a standard identity. It seemed like a security risk, but as long as he wasn't Earle, it should be okay. The first sign of trouble and sure as sure I'll bring it up with her, he thought to himself. Plus, it's sort of like a double-op. This time I'm just playing the role of my actual job. The thought made him laugh on in the inside and manifested externally as a smile as he made his way down the hall.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back