• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: IPG [IPG Operators] Breaking Blood Explosion Extraordinaire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyrene strapped herself in and placed the black case on her lap, and began re-running the scenario in her head. Using her wireless, she downloaded a mildly detailed map of the area to her databanks and began studying it intensely in the confines of her cybernetically enhanced mind. As Alaster said, we'd be better off making some decisions on the way there.

Chandler sat alone on the far side of the chopper, looking over the GP-1 in his hands. It wasn't the first time he'd been doing something like this, but it definitely wouldn't be the last. From riding on the back of airbikes sniping at gang-bangers chasing from a distance to riding shotgun in a transport fighting against rebel factions, he'd seen a lot. And the gun's cold grip felt right. He was in his element again.

Cyrene's wireless downloaded a map containing a 100 mile radius of their target area but unfortunately, the actual locations of where they were going to be dropped and where the target lived was not marked at all. But, the overhead map provided an old Satellite photograph of the area superimposed over a traditional map with street and city names.

Alaster just nodded as he to entered, seating himself. The initiate just placed his hands in his lap idly as he waited for the remainder to board, and finally for take off.

Getting the word that they had, in fact, gotten all of the Initiate squad on board, the helicopter rose silently from the ground, the doors slid shut from an automated mechanism that shut with a loud, audible click.

Aside from the rose of air passing by the helicopter and from the router blades forcing air out of the way, the helio itself made no noise. The pilot and co-pilot did not engage any of the squad in conversation and flew in relative silence for a few minutes before someone from the cockpit announced, "ETA 1 hour. If you need to get your shit together do it now. You're FIO should be contacting you shortly with your maps."

"Ahem, good day, initiates. This is your Lieutenant Hatu Museso Chiaki." rang Hatu's voice over the squad's S-Pkrs.

"You'll be delighted to know that I have a detailed map to be provided for you. Oh, and by detailed, I mean simple enough to read, so you don't hurt yourself in the process of reading it." With that biting remark, Alaster's datapad would ping, signifying that it had recieved a new message, which contained the map.

"And don't forget to pass this out among your comerades, so that if you all get lost, you'll at least be lost together. Ha ha ha ha!" Hatu mockingly laughed through their S-Pkrs.

The patronizing remark swept right over Chandler's head like a foul breeze. He didn't even notice until he mentioned the maps.

"Alrighty then, when do we get these maps?"

Lenz pulled his data pad from the pocket located on the outside thigh of his pants. "Ready for it. what's the plan? Are we going to use the 'hooker' ploy or something else? I can take up a firing position from the highest structure in line with the windows of this traitor's house. We have enough people to take up multiple vantage points for snipe support; which, I recommend we have. We can't all rush in with guns blazing for something that needs to be finessed."

Alaster checked the pad, and held it out in front of him as the map came up. The initiate studied it for several moments, taking it in, after all, what good was having a good memory if you didn't make use of it?

"I agree, multiple vantage points should be taken, I'd rather keep this as quick, clean and low key as possible." Alaster explained smoothly unphased by Hatu's words as he continued to plow forward.

"As for the 'hooker'," He frowned a little at the word."Plan, that is entirely up to our female team members if they are comfortable with this, and are capable. It would very likely increase the chances of infiltration. And if things went poorly we have you and whom ever else volunteers to snipe any hostiles. Thermite strips are to only be used if doors cannot be hacked, I wouldn't doubt this place has some form of sensor systems."

He tapped his chin a little. "Now, question is, who will be our sniper support in addition to Mister Lenz?"

"Yo, genius, no thermite strips. Remember?" Chandler sat back against the rear wall of the copter, rummaging through the pockets on his pants. He may have stashed a few strips in there. No dice.

"You made me leave my pack back on base."

Nelew looked over the map, then put it away with it already stored in her memory.

She tilted her head a little, then her face broke out in a wide smile. "Like, I can get inside! This will be fun...Maybe I can get his autograph before I kill him, what do you think?" Her face dropped back to her normal deadpan composure. "Would that be sufficient for the part?" she asked, looking toward Alaster.

"I think that water tower would do nicely for one snipe point. Any other points would have to be up in trees," Lenz commented gruffly as he appraised the map.

"I take it the red X is the house we're hitting, very subtle marking there, Lieutenant, I know you must've spent long nights awake coming up with that."

"I can work as a spotter for Lenz, if you need one. And as for that map, just point your datapad at me and send." Cyrene said blankly, rotating her wrists to check if the knives wouldn't make a racket when she moved.

"I'd ask that I don't have to degrade myself too much..."

Athrylis listened intently to the conversation. Paying attention to the ideas being tossed around before she chimed in," For this... 'hooker' idea, I would be willing to follow such a plan. As has been pointed out ealier, I have had experience with this."

In her mind, it did seem like the most discreet idea thus far.

" 'Loose'?" Nelew asked Alaster. She knew the dictionary definition of a "hooker", but not necessarily the real-world application of that definition, nor much of the slang associated with the occupation. All she knew is that they wanted someone to get close to the target, and that a female appearing to have little intelligence had a high probability of achieving that goal. Then she thought of something as she reviewed that definition.

"There may be a small flaw in that plan. I don't believe that 'hookers' normally solicit their services by going door-to-door. We would have to have him contact us instead of approaching him," she noted.

"I don't think any horny man is going to turn down tail that's been accidentally sent to their house and is already paid for. You girls would just have to act like that you were supposed to be sent there for someone's birthday or something," Lenz commented in a half growling tone of voice. "It'll work so long as they buy the fact that you are meant to be there and aren't trying to get anything past them. If you have no clue, act like a virgin and like it's your first day on the job- they'll love the notion of banging a virgin even more."

Alaster nodded to the proceeding discussion thoughtfully. "If Lenz requires one Miss Veles, then by all means the position is yours. However, if not, then merely keep the facade' believable. Just do not go overboard." He then looked over to Nelew.

"Loose, as in relaxed with your profession, or as Lenz said a virgin. Although if it was ones first day on the job I would assume them to be either eager, or nervous, or a combination of the two. Which ever angle you choose to work from is your prerogative, I trust your judgment in this matter."

"Can't we just use some kind of gas to flush them out? Tear gas, smoke, et cetera?" Chandler questioned, looking around.

"Just a suggestion."

"If we did that you also run the risk of them alerting possible reinforcements. This is a stealth op, and I'd like to minimize the risks and increase the effectiveness as much as possible." Alaster replied to Chandler as he continued to study the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…