• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: IPG [IPG Operators] (Insert Title Here)

"I have little knowledge of their training techniques. Perhaps our punishment will be given tomorrow. Or perhaps they decided that a verbal one was enough." Nelew glanced toward the door to Flins' office. Hatu had gone in but hadn't come out yet. But it didn't seem logical that the person who supplied only the radios would be punished. The insulation of that room prevented her from checking to find out.

She looked back at Chandler. "The mission failure was because I lacked information that the rest of the team had." She frowned. "It does not follow to punish the team for the fault of the one, does it?"

"Not by my ethical code, but since the IPG seem to have no ethical code at all, I wouldn't expect anything less from them." Chandler said.

"Don't worry about you screwing up though, if you need help with something just ask me. I don't know much more than any other average Nepleslian, but I'm pretty sure whatever you ask me, I can answer."

The room was suddenly filled with the sound of heavy bangs. It was rather obvious that someone very large was knocking on the door. From the other side, a voice could also be heard.

"This is Commodore Vincent Raleigh. Open the door."

Nel tilted her head, looking a little like a curious puppy. Cipher's question was an opening to finding out more about this culture she had been dropped into, but at the same time she could only ask for more information about what she already knew of, but not about.

Then there was the banging on the door. "Why is there someone at the door?" she asked, still focused on deciding on a question to ask Chandler.

"Hold that thought, Nelew." Chandler said, picking up his penlight and turning it on again before climbing out of his bunk. He fumbled his way towards the door before jerking it open and putting the penlight away.

"Commodore Raliegh, sir."

The Commodore strode quickly into the center of the room, not really paying attention to whether or not Chandler got out of the way. For someone as big as Raleigh, it wasn't much of an issue.

"Where is the captain, Initiates?"

After Raleigh had stepped through, a much less noticeable figure slipped through the door after him, and took up a spot on the wall to the left of the door. A mid-height, slim man in his early thirties with cropped brown hair, spectacles, and dressed in the standard IPG uniform, the other new arrival said nothing.

Nelew stood next to her bunk and motioned to the door of Flins' office. "He is in a meeting with Lt. Hatu," she said softly, still being considerate of the sleeping initiates.

Chandler pointed out the path to Flins by pointing to the door where the captain and Hatu had last been seen. Then he saw the IPG officer.

"Hey, Commodore Raliegh, who's your shadow?"

"NTK, Initiate," Raleigh growled as he crossed the room in two or three steps to Flins's office door before knocking heavily on it. A moment later, the locks on the other side disengaged and the door opened, revealing the Half-ID-SOL Operator. He quickly stood at attention and saluted the Commodore.

"Sir, I was not expecting you this late."

"Get your Initiates ready and down to Briefing-3."

Flins looked somewhat taken aback at the Commodore's request. "Sir?"

"You heard me, Captain." Raleigh turned and left quickly, the other IPG agent quietly slipping out after him.

If he had his eyes still, Flins would've blinked. Instead, he simply went back to his office for a moment and ended the program running in Alaster's head and told Hatu to get up to the tech room and send Cyrene back to the squad.

He exited the office with Hatu before closing the door and locking it. He turned to his initiates.

"You heard the Commodore. Uniforms on."

Lenz sat up in his bunk at the booming sound of Flins's voice. He nodded without a sound as he started pulling his uniform on. He could still feel the racing of his heart from his nightmare but he put the thoughts and images aside.... he had work to do.

"Looks like I'll have to delay that culture lesson Nelew, because I'm pretty sure we have a mission." Chandler said, moving to his footlocker. He pulled out his uniform shirt and pants, went into the bathroom and changed into his uniform (and out of his pajamas). Then he returned to his bunk, lifted up the pillows and pulled out his 10mm silenced pistols. He attached the holsters to his belt and headed to Briefing Room 3.

In just a short amount of time, Athrylis was up and out of bed. She quickly changed into a fresh uniform, not particularly caring if someone were to watch. Enough disgusting men had already seen her naked, and doing various activities whilst in her birthday suit, that she didn't mind anymore, especially since she still had at least undergarments on.

Now dressed, the initiate holstered her pistol, made her bed, and left the room, heading towards the Briefing Room.

Nel just nodded an acknowledgment to Chandler. Everyone filed out quickly, so she hurried through changing out of her training garb and into clean fatigues. Then she froze. Were they supposed to dress in uniform or combat gear? Recalling what Chandler and Athrylis were wearing, she decided to stick with the fatigues, and headed after her squadmates before they could leave her behind. Not knowing where Briefing Room 3 was would have caused problems for Nel, and that wouldn't have been a good use of her time, but she left only seconds after Athrylis had exited and was easily able to catch up.

Alaster had awoken, shaking his head slightly, as it was filled with muzzy thoughts. The Initiate promptly dressed, and grabbed his sidearms, holstering them. Making sure everything was in order, he then proceeded out as well. The Initiate couldn't help but shake he'd had a somewhat...bad, and weird dream. As he continued, he thought on this matter.

Once the Initiates were ready, Flins exited the room, heading for the briefing room.

Inside, Raleigh had already set up a presentation screen, and a number of chairs were arrayed in front of it. The screen cast a bright blue light over the darkened gray room. With him were his "shadow", several other IPG officers, and what looked like another team of Initiates, all looking similarly tired, although somewhat more wounded than Flins's team.

Upon entering the room, Flins saluted to Raleigh once more and took a seat in the front row of chairs with the other officers.

Lenz took a seat in the second row and waited with the others for the Commodore to address them. He let his eyes wander around the room and tried to access the full gravity of what was about to be said to them. Obviously, this was something much bigger than the last mission from the number of bodies in the briefing room, he sat stiffly upright as he waited for the answers that would eventually sate his curiosity.

The last mission was not executed to standards. Perhaps I have been working alone too long to function adequately in squad operations. Father's actions last night can only confirm that I've been inadequate, and my reprimands will only intensify if I do not improve. Cyrene pondered to herself as she awakened from what had been an entirely unpleasant recharge cycle. Still, after so many nightmares, there was that pervading relief that she could feel between waking up and being sent off on an assignment. A minute, an hour or a day, she cherished these few moments when death wasn't something that could happen at any moment, to anyone around her.

Cyrene glanced around the room, removing that large towel that had been placed on her hours earlier. Her uniform was still clean, and went on without a problem. It would have been inappropriate to go to briefing in only her skivvies.

The cyborg entered the briefing room, just in time to catch the briefing. She could almost feel her distaste when her eyes traced over Chandler, but that bitter sensation evaporated as she glanced over the rest of rest of the squad. Nelew and Lenz were to be respected, skilled in their own rights and effective in the field. They would be useful. Alaster was at least likable, and had something the others all seemed to lack. Social skills.

Finally, her gaze would fall upon Athrylis, who was for all intents and purposes, the least effective person in the squad. Still, she had the right attitude for the job and some potential, and with some practice might just become a good Operator. On the other hand, if she hadn't been protected, any promise she might have would have been wasted. The first thing she'd have to learn would be discretion.

Cyrene sat down in one of the seats, and connected to the base network to check if she had missed anything of the meeting aside from banter. With the assurance that little but just that had occurred, she fixed her attention on the Commodore, her dark blue cybernetic orbs glowing dimly in sockets of creamy pale syntheto-flesh.

Nelew entered with Athrylis, having followed her to the briefing. She noted the group of initiates that were already present, as well as their injuries...if they were being given a mission, why were there injured and/or tired personnel here? Surely these weren't going to be working with Lenz's squad...

Taking a seat, she waited. Cyrene's arrival earned a glance back, but nothing more, and Chandler's question was a little out of place but didn't get a reaction. They would be told what to do when everyone was there. But Nel didn't say anything, instead just watched Raleigh.

Athrylis took a seat, close to the others in her squad. She glanced around the room, wondering what was happening. Her eyes met Cyrene's briefly, before Athrylis looked away.

Initiate Adair still felt guilty about what happened to her squadmate, but there wasn't all that much she could do about it now. Cyrene had saved her life, and she didn't exactly return the favor.

With the those last lingering thoughts, Athrylis tried to clear her mind and turn her attention outwards, back to whatever was happening in the briefing room.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back