• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

IRC Discussion

Kim

スター軍の司書
Please register your screen names on IRC. We have no way of changing those or accessing those passwords; so unless you safeguard it with a good password, anyone could register it and you will lose access to that nickname.

/nickserv register PASSWORD EMAIL

And when you use that name again,

/msg nickserv Identify USERNAME PASSWORD

Re: IRC

Been having trouble with IRC. Sometimes it'll let me on, sometimes it doesn't.

I'll open it up, and it'll log me in as TheOtherNick, then tells me I have 60 seconds to put in my password or it's gonna change my nickname for me. When I go to tell the NickServ my ID and pass, I get no response, and am promptly booted from the channel.

Using Chatzilla

Any help?

what command are you using to identify?

it should be:

/NickServ identify [password]

you could also try:

/ns identify [password]

I use the second myself, as well as chatzilla

when i log in as Yoroko(before it kicks me) I haven't used the ID section.....just this:

/ns identify [password]

(ns is short for nickserv)

Doshii Jun said:
That's the problem, I think. You have to type in the nick as well.

Tried that with the same result. I'm not even getting through to the nickserv

/ns identify [password]

Same result

I know I'm connected cause I can see people in the room and it spouts off all the beginning text, but when it finishes, I get nothing.

hmm....you aren't putting the brackets in there right? (brackets: []; <>)

edit: you could also try using CGIRC (on the sorcery website: http://www.sorcery.net , then click chat now) that might work, but it doesn't give any feedback at all(like confirmation of a good login)

NickServ said:
[18:19:26] -NickServ- This nick belongs to another user. Please change nicks or it will be forcefully changed in 60 seconds.
[18:19:26] -NickServ- If this is your nick please try: /msg NickServ ID password
[18:19:26] -NickServ- Password accepted -- you are now identified

NickServ said:
[18:24:47] -NickServ- --- SorceryNet Nickname Services Help ---
[18:24:48] -NickServ-
[18:24:48] -NickServ- === IDENTIFY ===
[18:24:48] -NickServ- SYNTAX:
[18:24:48] -NickServ- /NickServ IDENTIFY [<nick>] <your password>
[18:24:48] -NickServ- OR
[18:24:48] -NickServ- /NickServ ID [<nick>] <your password>
[18:24:48] -NickServ- DESCRIPTION:
[18:24:48] -NickServ- The NickServ IDENTIFY command informs NickServ that you are
[18:24:48] -NickServ- the real owner of a nickname. IDENTIFY changes your access
[18:24:48] -NickServ- level to 3, which allows you to change settings with the SET
[18:24:48] -NickServ- command and retrieve memos.
[18:24:48] -NickServ- EXAMPLES:
[18:24:48] -NickServ- To identify as owner of your current nickname using the
[18:24:48] -NickServ- password fizzle, type:
[18:24:48] -NickServ- /NickServ identify fizzle
[18:24:48] -NickServ- To identify as owner of the nickname bob using the password
[18:24:48] -NickServ- 1234, type:
[18:24:48] -NickServ- /NickServ identify bob 1234
[18:24:48] -NickServ- --- End Of Services Help ---

The square brackets means that inputting your nickname is optional.

Does it give any messages when you try and message NickServ?

I always use:

Code:
/msg nickserv identify <nickname> <password>

If you're the only one using that computer, put it in chatzilla's list of commands to automatically make when connecting to the server.

/nickserv identify <nickname> <password> is what I use. ^_^ It seems to work fine... unless I accidently type idenfity for some reason. >.>;;

For the less typing-inclined present, if you're already occupying the nick you've registered, you can simply use:

Code:
/msg nickserv id [password]

Also, to do the type of thing Wes is talking about, you can use:

Code:
/msg nickserv addmask

All right, its been years since I used IRC...(ok more like six months) regardless....IRC and me always have-a-getting-to-know-each-other-again phase. I'm using Chatzilla, but what channel are we on? Any and all help will be appreciated and repaid with cold hard cash (ok more like verbal thank yous).

TBon

If you're using Firefox with the Chatzilla extension, just click the IRC link at the top left of the forums and it'll put you in the channel.

Thanks, I changed my board style and it wasn't showing up. I found it. Now, I must learn the many ways of IRC let alone Star Army IRC!

I colored my IRC to look like the website, instead of dealing with going from white text dark background to black text white background. It really helps for those who spend way too much time staring at this site. I defiantly suggest it.

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc164_DjN5tar_IRCexample.jpg

Download an IRC client and use that, or try Firefox and install the chatzilla extension for it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back