• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Is it possible to Re-Vamp skills?

Yes, you should be updating your character's skills as your character develops they learn new skills and perfect ones they already had. :)

I could understand if some people find that a bit... tedious. However, I agree that it will help develop your characters a lot more. My character Xanatos Zarthe gained a piloting skill, even though a basic one, from his time aboard the YSS Yugumo. He will probably also gain some mechanical repair skill and polish up his technological operation skill if he is transferred to the 17th. Just a few examples. :)

Luca, I know you get this, so don't worry about what follows. This is mostly for the newer guys.

The thing you want to keep in mind is "updating," not "changing." The skills Luca has now he does not lose, ever. This is to prevent a player from changing the skills of a character after it has been approved.

You can add new skills and you can update old ones. But you cannot eliminate either -- once a skill is learned, it stays.

Is that entirely realistic? If someone doesn't use it for a while, some of his skill in the subject would be lost, and after time, the skill would be lost right?

That's true, and I had considered that point. It's possible that if you waited long enough the skill could simply degrade. But the skills put on the bio should be things your character is actually quite good at, and would take several years to eliminate before falling off the bio.

To be honest, though, it's just a tool to keep new players honest.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back