• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Is prostitution illegal in Yamatai?

Exhack

Inactive Member
Came up during a discussion about criminality in Yamatai, and what things the Yakuza would possibly have to profit from. If it is, what exactly constitutes prostitution in the criminal definition, and are there possibly exemptions?

Prostitution is fully legal in Yamatai. But it's illegal in Nepleslia.

I imagine that in Yamatai, there's cyber-brothels available that use non-sapient pleasure droids.

The references on the wiki (which there are not a lot of) seems to always associate it with crime. I would like the Nepleslian FM official word on it.

Well I know Kampfer approved my brothel/fast food company article for Nepleslian space so prostitution is legal in Nepleslia. So is public nudity since I asked him for the heck of it to see how Nepleslia stacked up compared to Yamatai.

If Kampfer wants to come in here and overturn this I'm fine with it, but let me just go ahead and come in here. I think prostitution should definitely be legal in Nepleslia. Nepleslians do not hide their sexuality, and they don't lie about their desires or intentions towards one another sexually. Nepleslians banning such an important part of their social process just because money is suddenly involved seems incredibly short-sighted.

What I think would be illegal is sexual slavery. Pimping would probably be one of those sadly oft-unpunished crimes that is frequently used to embareass police chiefs and commissioners. Nepleslians value personal freedom, to a greater extent than Yamataians I think. While I think being forced into prostitution would probably be more evenly spread along the sexes instead of being a more traditional man-to-woman kind of thing because Nepleslian women are so frequently portrayed as being just as strong and barbaric as their male counterparts; I do think that weaker people will always be subjugated by the wicked and it's likely a sad facet of the underworld-- something that people living in crime-ridden impoverished areas would encounter, perhaps disdainfully, but not with any ability to prevent.

Lamb and Amaryllis both pretty much hit it on the head.

I would say that while sexual slavery is illegal, it is fairly widespread and represents not an overarching and immediate societal threat, since firefights in Nepleslia are fairly common.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back