• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Yamatai News (YINN) Jiyuu Chooses Miu!

Jiyuu III, Jiyuu-Jo​

YE 45.1​

"-...thanks for that weather report, Mari. Well it may be a snowy day here in Kyoto, but things are looking hotter in the race for Premier! The capital planet of the MCS voted for a wide range of local, regional, and Empire-wide positions last night. The biggest surprise of the night was political newcomer Shimizu-Motoyoshi Miu grabbing a nomination to the Premiership of the Imperial Senate! Shimizu-Motoyoshi-san is the middle daughter of the, "Three Sisters," And holds doctorates in Engineering. She has spent most of her life serving in the Star Army, and is currently a reservist. She commanded a vessel at the Battle of Xylar, and has gone back to her work in the civilian sector after the mobilization ended. When the votes were finally counted she edged out the competition to clinch the spot, and now faces the wider election against at least two other opponents. This is going to be quite the race, and the excitement at campaign headquarters is palpable."

The feed cuts to a small crowd just below a stage elevated only about a meter and a half off of the ground. It is outside and lights are strung up around the courtyard of Jiyuu-Jo. Wearing a smart looking suit jacket and skirt of black with purple accents, Miu bounds onto stage and her voice is amplified by a microphone. She is joined by the small core campaign management staff, and waves to the gathered people. "I wasn't sure about the odds when I decided to run, and uhm, wow!" Cheers erupt and she fans at her face with one hand to compose herself, "...a-anyway, I'll do my best 'till the end. You're all worth this and so much more. Thank you to my staff who agreed to this insanity, and the volunteers that really made this happen." The cheering upticks and she takes one hand to either side of hers to raise the hands up of the others with her.

The feed returns to the news desk, "...well how about that? A Princess from the East. The Bellflower Party congratulated her on her win, and said they hoped to see more candidates from their ranks join in the race. In other news, did a kitten fly power armor? We're going to Seri with this one..."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…