Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

June 2016 Updates from Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roleplay Updates

We had a good discussion the other night about basically how our factions tend to work best when they're fighting things, and talked about antagonists like the Mishhuvurthyar and Kuvexians and other "enemy" factions and how they need to have strong, interesting leadership characters. Arieg seems to be working on making some art for third-generation Mishhuvurthyar ship designs.

The summer continues to create turbulence. The best thing you can do to keep your plots healthy is to post consistently, and don't wait forever for other players who might be away on vacations, etc. Just kind of gloss over what their characters are up to (or have them sort of step out of the camera angle, so to speak) and keep the plot moving.

Art Updates

Current art projects:
I'm actively looking for characters who need art. Let me know if I can help get art for you.

Wiki Shuffle

Today I moved a lot of corporate pages and namespaces into the corp namespace. If you have links to those on the forums, please update them to point to their new URLs. Also, I'm starting to delete WIPs that are not in the WIP namespace. If you need stuff moved into the WIP namespace, just ask me and I'll use the move plugin to move them. The plugin is better than doing it yourself because it automatically updates links on the other pages that have links to the moved page (i.e. backlinks).

Forum Improvements
  • Implemented new method of daily automated backups. These disable the forum while they're running and take about 2 minutes to complete.
  • Upgraded the chat add-on software today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back