• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Kōyō: Red Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 45.7
RP Location
Kyoto
Kyoto
River District
"Nameless" Speakeasy

The crisp autumnal air worked tirelessly at pulling at the stark red leaves, yearning to take them from the maple trees on the street that Alastair had been sent to. A few of the yellow and orange leaves floating along the Ketsurui River nearby caught the fading light. Those on this building-lined street had to be on the top of the tree branches to hope to be set ablaze by the sunset. The shadowed leaves trembled on their stems outside of the speakeasy's verdant entrance. Down a few steps off the sidewalk and inside the green door, there was a welcome warmth that sloughed off the settling cool dusk of fall from one's shoulders and heated them like a coal put back in the fire.

A golden glow emanated from antique oil lamps and was magnified by the glittering crystals that hung from them. Not much light was being reflected in here , though, as the mirrors had a dark smokey bronze tint that matched the patterned brass ceilings. The heat was instead palpable from the fervor of those within the establishment. A Delsaurian bouncer sat just inside the doorway, asking to see IDs before patrons hung up coats and stowed umbrellas behind his toothy swaying tail. Private booths lined either side of the long hallway that led away from the front door. The quiet murmur of indistinguishable conversations were muted by the thick tapestries that separated the booths from the hallway.

Asuka had already found one such compartment and had taken up on one of the two love seats within it. A sparkling affair, her dress was as emerald in color as the door of the whole establishment. The hue brought out the green in her eyes and contrasted distinctly with her curls of flame-like orange hair. She was easy to spot not just because of her jewel toned silhouette but also because out of the occupied compartments only hers had a parted tapestry that allowed one walking past it to see in. What they would see was the sensors operator prostrated on the velvet couch within as if she were alone at home stretching out rather than at a hideaway bar. She was swept back as if consumed with either fatigue or boredom as a full tumbler teetered precariously like a weight on a scale that was levered by her freckled, limp wrist.

Kyoto
River District
"Nameless" Speakeasy

Alastair was enjoying his walk through the area as he followed the directions given to him. The low glow of the lights around him and the nip in the air set the mood. Given the days prior, this was a nice retreat from the high energy and chaos from before. He had to be honest with himself that he was excited to see Asuka. He recalled her bright personality and drive to perform. As he walked the wind picked up and carried his hair shortly in the breeze. For a moment he missed the fact he was no longer on his old ship. It would seem the stress was finally getting to him from the days prior. A warm smile from a friend would go far.

It did not take long for Alastair to reach his destination. Exactly as described, he seen the green door dimly lit. He made his way over to the door and for a moment did not wish to say the password as it sounded completely silly. He reached down and opened the door slowly. It made but the faintest of sound as it opened into the room. He stepped inside and was greeted by a fun little Delsaurian. He smiled and said to the him, "Appleyjuice." He paused for a moment while the Delsaurian looked him over. He then handed back his ID and let him slip on past.

He was not sure what he expected but he for sure pictured there being a bar. Instead, it was a hallway of compartments. He felt like he was on a tiny ship with hardly any room to move. There were not many people but the few who were in the hallways made it tricky to get around. He for sure stood out having worn a suit jacket with a button-down shirt. His blue jeans were freshly pressed and only casual item we wore. His black boots matched the black belt he wore. His hair was pulled back into a man bun. As he moved deeper into the establishment, he was unsure how he would even find Asuka. Should he just start poking his head into rooms till he found her? Just then his eyes caught sight through an open tapestry. On the other side was a girl with red hair and a green dress. He felt that fate had tempted him but then it all came rushing back to him.

"Oh my, do I spy with my little eye an Asuka all dressed up?" He said as he entered the room. "You seem to be comfortable." He said under a light laugh. "It is good to see you."

Speakeasy

"All dressed up?" Asuka asked languidly. "Hardly. I don't have any arm candy at all. That is, I didn't until you came around."

Although her tone was slow, her eyes had perked as her hand drew her drink close to her lips. Even her voice began rallying as she went on, "Lucky that the silver of your hair matches my necklace. Why are you hiding all that away?"

If any wagers of money had been on her being overworked rather than bored, all bets were off. There was a zest tugging at the sides of her lips and in the sparkling shallows of her eyes as her former comrade entered the small area. Her boredom had evanesced along with his arrival. Despite as much, she didn't muster much hospitality in the way of a hug or standing up to greet him and she stayed reclined on her seat as she took her first sip of her cocktail. Instead of her wrist tilting melancholically as it had been, now her ankle bobbed off the edge of the soft pink velvet love seat as if her heel were a crimson leaf dancing on the top of the waterline.

There was a long table between the loveseats and on it was a cardboard menu with a very plain assortment of cocktails with prices that didn't denote well liquors at all and a short list of snacks like a meat and cheese platter she was about to mention. There was also a short crystal vase with a red rose tucked into it alongside a silver tray, which Asuka set her very full drink on.

"Make yourself comfortable as well," Asuka said. "I guess I should give you a run down, since you're new. See that on the wall? It's a vintage turn dial telephone that you pick up. When you hear a click on the other line, tell them what you'd like. If you're ordering off the menu, well, you better know which numbers to dial beforehand. I think they're out of venison tonight so don't order a charcuterie if you were banking on that. But I prefer the pastry pups, they're as stupid good as they sound."

With this last statement, the mischievous nature of the sensors operator returned as she sat upright and leaned forward predatorily towards Alastair—who had by now undoubtedly taken up residence on the loveseat across from her. It was a forward motion which at first made the overhead lights catch the freckles on the very crest of her collarbones before her fiery curls spilled over them and covered the top half of her fair décolletage from view.

"Speaking of, still captaining the YSS Loon or whatever?"

Alastair could not help but grin and smile when she called him arm candy. "Oh please, it is too early for this amount of buttering me up." His grin grew even bigger as he gave her a wink. "Thank you, and I must say you look very nice as well."

He took a seat and allowed time to get settled in and enjoy taking a load off. The comment about his hair caught his attention. For he normally did wear it down and it would seem she liked it that way. He lifted his hands up into his hair. With a flick of his wrist his long flowing hair descended. Despite being in a bun it was in amazing shape with hardly any frizz in sight. He took out a comb of his jacket and started to brush out his hair. Smooth long strokes pulled the frizz back into check.

He took notice of the menu on the table and it hit him just how hungry he had become. He had been so busy as late he had little time to care for himself. "You did well to pick out a place like this. Away from all the noise and troubles of the world." He commented as he listened closely to her instructions. Given what took place during his last meeting, he was going to make sure any communications would be executed to perfection.

As he was about to stand to place his order, he paused to take in just how wonderful Asuka looked tonight. Had she always looked this stunning? Then his mind wondered back to his time on the Kaiyō II. He remembered well those bright blue orbs looking over her console towards him. Her words of encouragement for those around her. Like the clouds parting over an open meadow the moon light shone bright. Yes, Yes she did.

His mind snapped back to the present and he found himself being drown towards her. His body followed her motions. He found himself stare into her deep blue eyes, feeling if he did not look away he may find himself drowning in them. He bite his lower lip as his eyes followed the light down her beautiful neck and further still. He caught but a glimmer before her curls foiled his view. He could feel the sweat slowly start to form on his brow.

Quickly the word Loon echoed in his brain. He paused and blinked at her a few times before enough blood brought back some thought. "Uhhh, do you mean the Koun?" He said in a sheepish voice hidden within a chuckle. He then reached forward and bopped her on the nose with his finger. "Oh sweetheart," was all he could say before he started to roll on loveseat laughing. It was the kind of laugh that could wash away all the hardships. A much needed laugh.

After some time he regained control over himself and once more sat upright on the loveseat. He leaned forward and pressed his forehead against hers. "From the bottom of my heart, thank you Asuka." He said through a big smile. "So those pastry pups sound mighty nice. Want me to order you some too or shall we share." He spoke in a smooth almost sedative voice. This was unlike when he spoke before, this had a hint of life within it. "I am also curious to hear what you have been up too. Anything I could maybe give a hand with?"

"That's more of an answer than I was expecting, to be real," Asuka said after Alastair rolled around laughing. "We'll touch on that again later when you've gotten all those sillies out of your system. You're still such an idiot, aren't you?" It was refreshing to see the memories of the past and the man of the present were exactly the same. Whether she was happy that it meant she hadn't obfuscated what she remembered or that he hadn't changed, she didn't know nor did she try to think too long on it.

"I want you to do the ordering. I set this whole thing up and brought the most indiscreet man to the most discreet speakeasy in the city. I should be allowed to relax after all that work." She spoke pointedly as she picked up her glass and leaned back. "What have I been up to? I work for competent officers who take on interesting missions that greatly impact not just the Star Army, but the whole Empire. What I notice at sensors has brought Yamatai into wars and out of them. It's no easy or small seat to fill."

Her bundle of red curls hugged around her like a neck pillow now and she burrowed her chin into them, looking sleepy as she half-closed her thick lashes over her musing eyes.

It was a very sanitized version of her life and perhaps said even less than his hysterical laughter in answer to her earlier question. But there were parts of her life on Kaiyō that were no more and without them, her answer felt empty to even her. She remembered a time when she was eating out of her captain's hand and Alastair looked like a welcome treat to contrast whatever scraps she got from Hoshi. The long-gone memories of that made something in her heart ache and she didn't know why. Either for the simplicity of life back then, the ship that had sailed, or because she couldn't find the courage to explain those feelings to him now. Perhaps it was a mix of all those things.

She took a small sip before letting the glass shift in her hand. She watched the dark cherry that floated above the still-frozen ice as it swam from one side of the chilly shoals to the other.

"Sometimes I wish there was more, though," Asuka finally added. "And if not more, that things were as uncomplicated as they used to be. But those are definitely two opposite things, aren't they? Now who's the idiot." She rolled her eyes at herself and they caught the light, glimmering even more than even the sparkling emerald of her dress.

Alastair leaned back from her and just smiled. It would seem she rolled high on her resist against the Belmont Gaze. "When your required to be on constant alert, it is refreshing to play the roll of jester from time to time." He let out a happy sigh and listened to Asuka speak. Her being direct and in charge was exciting. Even attractive, leading him to have no issue with her request.

"You got it, I shall do the ordering and make it snappy. Ask of me what you will and I shall grant your wish for setting this up. That is the least I can do for you." He said with a grin and a solute towards her. He continued to listen to her share details of her day to day life. "I know well the feeling of having to fill a big seat. But duty calls so we do what is asked of us." Alastair then took to his feet and walked over to the phone. He looked at it like he was trying to study for an exam. He had seen many things but this devise took him a few moments to understand. After a moment his ears perked up and he picked up the phone. He heard the click and dialed the number as instructed to order some pastry pups, a double order. He then asked for a drink, strong, then hung up the phone and smiled at Asuka. "Your food is on the way my dear." He said in a flirty voice as he gave her a bow.

Given the long mission he'd just returned from this was a very welcome treat. He took a seat across from her once more and continued hearing her out. He could tell the feelings she had were hard to put a finger on. "I see you are getting all sentimental on me here." A giggle left his soft lips. He then acted as if he toasted a glass against hers. "Here is to things being more without being complicated." He then made a ding sound. "You know, we could flip roles for the night and you be the captain and I be the comms officer." A mischievous grin crossed his face.

"You're oh so accommodating," Asuka said, both in response to his ordering and to his idea to flip roles. "Now that's something I can toast to."

"What is it that you teach your crew as their captain? Maybe I should glean how to fill the role from you." Her lips had pulled up in a wry smile even more mischievous than his. "But I don't know if you want me being the captain with the kinds of things Hoshi taught me... Then again, this place does sell kaserine that would work on me so her methods are doable, Belmon-chui." She referred to him with her own rank, seemingly enjoying herself as she fit into the game he had set.

Alastair first laughed then put on a more serious face. One of those, haha, wait, you serious type expressions. He leaned forward placing his chin into his hands. "I teach them that preparation is 90% of success. And that no matter the day or time that my door is always open." From anyone looking from the outside, these two would look like they were plotting the most evil of evil schemes. When she shared she might know things from Hoshi, which could be secret techniques his smile grew even more. Then it was shared this place had the secret forbidden kaserine™.

It was just then that a person passed by and stepped partly into the room. In hand they held a drink, which looked like water. "Your drink sir," in a low butler like voice. He took the drink and thanked them for bringing him his liquid courage. He took a sip and through the bottom of the glass he had a magnified view of Asuka. Her fiery curly hair and bright smile filled his sight. Then it clicked for him why he had this familiar feeling between them. During their last mission together on the YSS Kaiyō II they had worked closely together to save the crew. He even recalled a few times getting personal with her. Feelings at the time that were never acted on.

"Deio-Chusa, a better question to ask, how would you be captain." The words left his lips in a flirty sensual way. "Do you take a more domineering role like Hoshi, or do you be the more submissive type like myself allowing crew to take charge." He once more took a sip, more than the drink before. "What do yee do?"

"You're a sub?" Asuka asked incredulously. "But the collars and the chains and the the looming threat from you on the Kaiyō speak to such a different man. Alastair, I'm in awe at how you've changed." From that outsider perspective, the visage of schemers was gone and the woman opposite Alastair reeled back away from him. But her face was alight with an overly amused expression as she thought of the second officer he had been. The realization that responsibility had helped Alastair grow was really what painted her face with a happy glow, though. But she thought on what he had said and it turned contemplative.

"I've learned a lot from Hoshi; she's not really domineering anymore with Aiko as her first officer. Is it stupid to think she's sort of figured herself out enough to not be? Or figured out her place in the Empire, I don't know. She seems comfortable to get in the thick of fighting and reflecting now. She doesn't just give orders and orchestrate. Like, in the bedroom but also beyond. Obviously not in the bedroom because she's not with me anymore but I mean, like—" The puzzle of her pink captain seemed to allude her. Even if she was trying to explain how Hoshi changed, she realized that wasn't the question. "But as for me? I guess I've seen my own captain evolve and change with time and so have you, so who's to say I'd fill one role or another. Maybe I'd start out one way and learn to be the other or maybe I'd go into it being a bit of both and stick to that. I just know I'd be pretty good at it."

"I still can't believe you let your crew step all over you! I know some of your crew and you're the best out of them so now I'm worried for your ship if you're not the one really captaining!" She had leaned forward and playfully slapped at his shoulder but stayed with her head leaned over the table as they had been before her theatrical guffaw earlier when she had recalled his giant anchor and how he had distributed shock collars to misbehaving crew. Her face was again lit up with the reassurance that he had grown to fill the captain's chair, but at the edges was dimmed by worry that it wasn't really his seat.

A bright smile filled the face of Alastair. "It is more complicated than that but yes, in some ways I have changed." A grin then crossed his face. "For the better I hope, though some may say the Koun is nothing but a mess of chaos." He then chuckled and took another sip of his drink. From the outside it may seem as if the Koun was in utter chaos but that was by design. For a crew trained to follow the rules, it would seem odd to see a crew trained to get results. It was a minor difference but at the end of the day the Koun was sent on missions to get results.

Alastair leaned back and listened to Asuka share her story. He was enjoying his time with her and believed this was a much needed talk she had been wanting to have with someone. Though this then raised the question, why him. As he was taking another sip he almost spit his drink out when she brought up bedroom time. He coughed a few times then spoke. "Have to forgive me, the behind closed doors details I was never privy too." He cleared his throat and took another sip. He lowered his drink, his smile turning more into a frown. "I am sorry to hear you two are no longer an item." Once more his smile returned. "I believe you would make a fine captain. You have wisdom to know that there is no right or wrong way, just the one that fits the moment." It pleased him to know that in someway, he had helped to shape her outlook. All he ever wanted was to see those around him grow into something bigger.

His ears then perked up at the suggestion the crew walk all over him. "Oh, ho ho, I believe your information is ill-informed. That is a rumor the crew likes to spread around." He said as he took a long sip of his drink. "Honestly, I am torn what to do about it. On the one hand, it does great to recruit the young hot shots. However, once on board they come to find out just how tight a shift I run." He had tipped his head to one side as she slapped on his shoulders. Maybe the ice had finally broken between them. "Though the punishments are far more inline with what one would expect. Time in the galley cooking food, cleaning the floors and so forth. Nothing as over the top as in my prior years."

He then reached forward and gave her a light pat on the head. "I can see while we have been apart, you still worry for those who have been in your life. You are far more than this universe deserves. It is in moments like this that I come to find myself missing the times before." He then retracted his hand from her head. "Who knows, maybe one day you will find yourself on the Koun. I am always in need of more kind souls. Prefer the ones who don't try and step on me. I have many kinks but this one still eludes me." He tried to keep a straight face but couldn't help but laugh. He then tipped his head to one side. "So was it only out of concern you contacted me or is there more taking place?" He asked in a low soft concerned voice.

"Why would I want to join a ship that is, as you put it, 'a mess of chaos?'" Asuka asked. "You really fumbled the bag on that one! Just like old times, Belmont-chui!!" She threw her head back in laughter as she leaned back and away from him.

Her laughter turned sour, though, and she stopped short just after a cough. A wafting of white vapor came over the tapestry and towards them. At first it looked like nothing but a cloud wafting in, but then the prickling earthy scent of tobacco was carried in on the wave and it was obvious the speakeasy was truly selling something illegal. Asuka's nose wrinkled as she looked at Alastair with a bit of disdain, but not directed at him. She was using her body's reserve oxygen to breathe and waiting for the scent to dissipate before she answered him.

"Just concern," Asuka said as if she were trying to use as little of her breath as possible while the heady smoke wafted in from another compartment.

Alastair reached up and grabbed at his heart. "Ouch, that wounds me so." He said with the biggest of grin. "Dashed are my dream of walking into the onsen and having a misunderstanding with you. Oh, the agony of never experiencing this." He let out a giggle letting her know he wasn't completely serious.

As Alastair seen the sour look roll over Asuka's face, his own began as well. While he was no stranger to smoking, he did not expect to find such a thing this close to home. His hair started to raise like he was about to invoke some ungodly power on these people. Did they have any clue the time it takes to keep his hair looking this magical. The smoke smell would take him hours to purge, and this just rubbed him the wrong way.

Alastair let out a sigh and got to work. He grabbed the jacket he wore and flicked it hard into the air towards the cloud of smoke. The ripple of air currents through the air pushed the smoke up and away from Asuka. Was going to take more than some smoke to spoil his night. While he knew this was only temporary, it would buy time for a moment.

"You will have to forgive me for not being more direct. I never once pictured I'd be alone just the two of us like this again. If it was left to me, I'd snatch you up in a heartbeat. I have never once doubted Hoshi but in this case, she let go of something special." He reached up and slicked back his hair and gave her a dashing smile. "I am fortunate to have you in my life." His smile then turned into a grin.

"Well, I don't know," Asuka said vaguely, making it hard to pin down just what she was replying to. She languidly let her head dip and she rested her bunched saffron curls on her hand as she cocked her head in thought.

"Part of me knows she's happier. In a lot of ways, the relationship she's in now is healthier. And she's happier. Have you loved someone so much you knew it was right to let them go when they needed it? Maybe it goes both ways; maybe I can do better, too. Who knows, maybe she let go of me before I did her because she knew that. But I'm being self-centered and making this all about me. I would be curious if you've done the catch and release method with love. Or just a woman in general, doesn't have to include silly love."

Alastair leaned back and was enjoying the conversation. It was nice to hear from a more personal side of his crewmate Asuka. He had to admire how much thought she put into thinking of others. It was a powerful feat and one that made her stand out from the crowd.

"I can understand that thinking. While it can be challenging, it makes little sense to talk someone out of following their own desires." He shared, thinking back on his own set of events. He has had many come and go in his life. Caring for them deeply and always sad to see them go. Though go they must for as a builder, once the structure is done you move onto the next.

His ears then perked up when she made the comment about something better coming along. It was like time stopped as his brain registered what this phrase could mean. Was she saying with Hoshi no longer in the picture that this meeting was some kind of confession. Even without a confession him considering himself better than Hoshi was too much to even consider. Had the student truly reached this level? He then snapped out of this line of thinking. He had doubt this was what she meant. The topic then switched to her asking him about his love life.

He tipped his head to one side and pondered the question. He was at first thinking about all his commitments to those around him. Something that he considered love though this seemed to be reaching past this. This was more a topic his mother would bother him about. A real, true love which he could call his own. He then smiled towards her. "Asuka, you are anything but self-centered. You also pose the most curious of question regarding my love life." He took his glass and spun the liquid inside around a few times. "This is a challenging question to answer. For when does the line between caring and protecting those around you become love." He then took a small drink from his glass. "Even now when you commented about finding better I find myself being pulled towards a direction thinking you are here for companionship. Though, I doubt this is the case and only my caring side wanting to spring into action." He then leaned back against the couch and put his arms up on the back of it. "I believe at the heart of your question lays in asking if I have found the one." He said with a short laugh. "I am not sure if I have honestly. In this case I feel me and you are much alike. We find love but then come to see that the fit is not perfect so we see them off."

He let the comment hang for a moment before he lifted his glass. "Let us toast to finding love. And if in a few years of not finding it, we make a pack to maybe hook up." He then moved in to clank against her glass with his. "I do find myself being attracted to red heads." He then gave a wink towards her. "Though we can start early and cause a small scandal by holding hands in public." He did his best not to laugh but the laugh got the better of him.

For a moment, Asuka was too shocked to speak. Her puffy lips had parted and pulled her freckled skin with them as her eyes were alight with Alastair's words. Even when she regained her expression and furtively closed her mouth and dropped her sight line to the floor, her dark lashes batted up to look back at the handsome man opposite her.

"It's so hard to tell, as you say," Asuka said. "It's hard to really know if you just care about others or really love them. You're a man that's wise beyond his... You're wise beyond your actions, Alastair Belmont. I think you put up a good front as a fool, or at least you did aboard the ship. But I'm glad to have seen past that—both back then and tonight. You really are wise, though."

"You know what's scary?" She leaned in, now, her words less sincere than a moment ago. "I'm more ready to make a promise with you that by, I don't know, YE 54 —ten years from now— if we both don't find love we'll find it here with one another. But I'm more ready to say yes to that than to hold hands." Her voice got meek as her shoulder pinched around her red curls, "You'd need to sit here if you were to."

Last edited:
Alastair was grinning ear to ear as he observed her expression. He was curious how his words would be received and this all but confirmed they landed well. The longer they sat together the more this was feeling like a date date which was not anything he had expected. Though he did always feel comfortable around Asuka so the line between friend and lover was blurred at times.

"Thank you for the kind words. I do try my best to be wise more so than silly. Though it does not always land correctly leading to all kinds of misunderstandings." His ears then perked up once more as she shared her insight regarding his offer. Truly he had expected to be turned down cold but then this also would not be in her character. It was touching she'd consider the offer be it tomorrow or ten years from now.

Alastair doing what he does best, stood and took a seat next to her. He reached over and gave her a pat on the head. "Going to make me blush with talk like that. The wait would be worth it. Though I may try sooner to swoon you over to the Koun." A soft smile crossed his face. His long black and white hair flowed with his every move. He then lifted his hand and placed it in front of her. "So shall we see who has the bigger hand?" A question Alastair knew the answer too but none the less curious to see.

"Swoon me to the Koun? Your ship? Mmmm," she let the sound reverberate on the top of her mouth as she thought. "I like my crew. Just because I don't have a less than professional relationship with any of them doesn't mean I want off. Plus, if I were looking to jump ship I would choose one with a more inviting mission profile. Maybe in ten years your ship will have become enticing enough for the likes of me, aye?"

All the while talking, she had raised her hand and placed it against Alastar's. Palms touched at first before her fingertip crept forward and touched at the middle of his index, then middle fingers. Her eyes were watching her own hand up against Alastair's as if both were marvels. Her thin smile crept up one side of her face as her srunched up expression pressed her freckles into one another.

"Looks like my hand's bigger," Asuka lied.

If it was possible, Alastair's lips would have curled like a mustache. The drawn out mmmm was cute and sexy. This amused him to no end. The smile stayed even after saying once more she planned to stay on her current ship. Though mostly joking a small part of him was curious to see if there was any cracks in that armor. Though he was most interested by what she meant regarding the mission profile of the Koun. Was there a certain adventure she would look to go on that would be enticing? This did prove that there was a chance and he'd have ten years to figure it out. Only time would tell.

"I couldn't help myself. You are as skilled as you are lovely so forgive me for trying once more. I shall leave it at that and move onward."

His head tipped to one side as she placed her hand against his. He felt her smooth skin and radiant heat as their palms made contact. For something as simple as measuring hands Asuka had found the most sensual way of going about this. Each touch of her fingers against his sent shivers down his spin. This was the most PG13 fun he'd had in awhile. Though he was thinking that the drinking he had been doing was starting to work its magic. He was relaxed and just going with the flow.

His one eyebrow lifted when she gave her conclusion of the comparison. His fingers were just long enough that he could curl the ends of two of them over her finger tips. The expression she had was priceless and she sold the performance. "This is why your the one in charge of the sensors. Clearly your form of measure far exceeds what I can comprehend." A grin had formed as he held a straight face. "Clearly if I am ever in need of a hand measure I will be sure to give you a call. Since in some cases, every centimeter matters." He then wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"It's nothing," Asuka bobbed her head from one shoulder to the other at his assessment of her skills but she crinkled her nose as the compliment sunk in and said, "You know, you're getting pretty excited by the most benign things. Your life get more boring since leaving the Kaiyo?"

Her fingers bent so that the tips could dance against the pads of his palm as her deep blue eyes surveyed his face. Satisfied or not, she moved her gaze to the inside of his hand where her fingers were lightly and melodically tapping. She seemed to be measuring more than the size now as her eyes moved up and down the inner creases and even his thumb, moving like something of a palm reader as she traced and pressed against his hand. At one point she looked away from it and deep into his piercing eyes as if she had some concerning revelation, but she just bit the side of her bottom lip and took a whistly breath in through her canine. Eventually she looked down at his lap and her fingers resumed their playful tapping.

"Your hand doesn't look that boring. But maybe if it was all I had I would be excited by the simplest things, too." Her natural smile came back to her as she gave her long-awaited verdict. With her free hand she reached towards the table and pulled her drink up for a sip of it as she realized how much more personal the conversation was now that he was closer and not on the other side of the low table.

Alastair smiled then let out a soft laugh, his eyes giving off a sparkle. "Hardly boring," he said as a matter of fact. He then leaned towards her slightly pressing his body up against hers. "Sometimes a man just needs to allow for even the small things to get him excited. It is what keeps the blood flowing." He said in a calm and sexy voice. He continued to watch Asuka analyze his hand. He was curious by what she was looking to gain from this evaluation. Was she looking to see if he'd live long enough for them to get together in ten years. Maybe she'd find out he was destined for some unknown greatness he was yet to experience. He gazed back into her beautiful blue eyes, looking forward to what might happen next.

He lifted an eyebrow when she bit her lower lip. It would seem she had taken notice of something yummy. As her gaze drifted south, he followed to see what could be at the end of this yellow brick road. He took a moment to allow his eyes to wonder, looking over all the goodness in front of him. "I am happy to hear my hand gave you the answers you sought." He commented as he watched her reach for her drink. He then leaned down towards her ear. "I hope my measurements are satisfactory." He cooed out softly. "Ara ara," rolled off his lips like a snake teasing to eat the forbidden fruit. As she put the drink to her lips, Alastair leaned up and away from her ear. He then rolled his wrist and planted a soft kiss on the back of Asuka's hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back