• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Katsuhara Mori

Kairi

Inactive Member
Name: Mori Katsuhara
General Information
Species: NH-29 Nekovalkyrja (formerly NH-17)

Family (or Creators): Ketsurui Zaibatsu Ind (was created as NH-17 Nekovalkyrja, soul transferred)

Employer: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment: Combat Arms

Physical Characteristics
Height: 148.2 cm
Weight: 53 kg
Measurements: (86.36, 81.28, 93.98)
Bra Size: B

Build and Skin Color: Wiry and thin, with pale skin a creamy whitish-tan.
Facial Features and Eye Color: Small, dainty nose and piercing blue eyes. Lacks defining features.
Hair color and Style: Jet black with an almost-red highlight, kept down and smooth. Ears are striped ginger and brown.

Distinguishing Features: Has transferred from one Star Army assignment to a completely different one, along with a different body, resulting in an odd assortment of skills.

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: Serious yet sarcastic, failure-averse and self-deprecating. Fears failure above all else.

Dislikes: Failure, cooking of any sort(it reminds her of her "old life"), ignorance.
Goals: Become a high-ranking field commander.

History
Relatively recently manufactured, Mori decided to immediately enter the Star Army to repay her 'lifedebt'. After spending some time as a cook, she became unhappy with her body as an NH-17, eventually soul-transferring to the new NH-29 model, connsidering her life as an NH-17 a failure. Mori requested a transfer to pilot a Mindy after deciding that culinary delights were not her calling. She is slightly more prone to low self-esteem than some NH-29s due to her "failure" at her first life, and it is one of her few (known) weaknesses, though she surely has more undiscovered shortcomings.
She is eager to serve and eager to win--she refuses to fail.

Skills:

# Communication: Mori is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Mori is fluent in English, (and since she is a Nekovalkyrja, Japanese). She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.

# Fighting: Mori received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.

# Technology Operation: Mori is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

# Mathematics: Mori has received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

# Knowledge: Has read an extensive amount of history; More wasa uploaded when Mori changed from a NH-17 to a NH-29. This includes technology, comedy, classic literature, and some sciences, though not enough to allow any of the occupations requiring these bits of knowledge.
Factoids are a major part of the extraneous knowledge.

#Leadership: Speeches and squad leadership have been uploaded to Mori's brain, including many famous leaders' key styles and claims to fame.

#Domestic (cooking): A much hated skill, mori has the knowledge required to make any requested dish of a skill level equivalent of a gourmet 3.5 star restaurant. She mainly makes instant ramen, though.

(OOC to evaluator: Sorry if I screwed up, this is my first character. I'd really love it if this could be approved/denied by tonight's roleplay. Thanks much.)
(EDIT: Many thanks to all who helped me repair the problems with Mori.)

Hi there. I'll run you through a few questions that popped up in my head after I read over your character.

Firstly, your character's age is 18 months old, almost two years. NH-29s have not been around so you need to decide out of two things.
  • You were a NH-17 nekovalkyrja whom soul transfered to her new body, thus motivating your age. It could also serve as a turning point in your character's life and she decided to switch occupations.
  • You were created as a NH-29 nekovalkyrja or you were a youngling of another. Either of these require you to be around 6 months or less of age. realistically, your character would only have one occupation under six months and no assignment yet.
The Ketsurui Zaibatsu are typically the ones whom manufacture the NH-29 series... so, that'd likely be your 'creators' (unless you were a youngling, which would make that the neko-mother. Find her a nice name!).

If you want to drive around power armors, the Combat Arms occupation generally fills that niche. Going for Technical Sentry allows you to pick some fighting skills and some proficiency at servicing things on a ship (wether you're an engineer, an armorer or a security guard of a sort).

Any particular reason for picking yellow amber eyes? If I'm not mistaken, it's typically the color corporate NH-17 neko models have, not to mention it's become disturbingly common of late (I picked that too actually). I'm not telling you it's a bad choice - just that if you're picking it up to be unique, well, it's really not ^_^;

Depending on your take on your character's revised age or prior identity, you may want to tweak your personality, likes and dislikes -- along with bits of your history.

Character enlisted in the Star Army of Yamatai have seven skills to their names - you have the appropriate prerequisites, but some skills lack description. Please detail them.

You can find a form to help you with the formating of your character sheet just here. Not everyone finds it, but it's pretty useful.

Also, you should go post up your contact information in this thread. You won't be able to start playing unless you do.

That said, welcome to Star Army!

I'll be a little more brief than Kotori/Fred here, but don't worry, your character's shaping up well.

176.7 cm is about 5'10", right? That's a bit tall for a Neko; she can't fit in a Mindy power armor.

61.2 kg is also pretty heavy for a Neko. If you want to keep the weight, consider making her more muscular.

I love the detail on the ears. They sound very attractive!

The history's brief and not roleplayed, but I don't really see the harm. The low self-esteem is interesting. I don't know if I'd say "many" undiscovered shortcomings. She can't be that much of a mess-up.

Fill out the rest of the skills. See some more experienced characters such as Hanako to get a feel for how to word them.

Fred edit: You can go in the Star Army Communication Network to ask for orders once your character is approved. You'll find the thread to post in here.

Jake edit: Yeah yeah, I got ahead of myself. Communism!

From the discussions Wes and I had, the NH-29 is capable of more than just self-cloning: it can customize its offspring's physical feature. That said, the offspring isn't an identical clone and could legally be allowed to lack the genetic tattoo.

I think that was originally the case with Kotori's NH-22M youngling created body too and lacked the tattoo... but that was mostly because it was a experimental test type. Her mother upgraded to a NH-27 body while Kotori remained in her own until it was too damaged to properly heal from the damage dealt to her by a phosphorus grenade. From there, she acquired possibly the first NH-29S body and she does have a genetic tattoo in her lower back, though it's hard to notice due to it's hue nearly matching her skin's.

Yangfan said:
In related news, we have another Frederick here at SARP. Welcome, Fred.

NO! X_X There can only be one Frederick!

*chuckles*

Actually, he's a 'Fredrick'. Notice the lack of an 'e' makes it a two syllable name.

Aside from that, I agree with Yangfan that the bio is nice. You may want to go over the character's dimensions and measurement and add entries to list them in inches and feet for ease of reference... but aside from that it looks good.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back