• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Ke-M4-W2901 Mk.I and II Light Armor Service Rifle

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Ke-M4-W2901 Mk.I and II Light Armor Service Rifle

Designer/Manufacturer: Ketsurui Zaibatsu
(Suggested) Price: 25,000 KS.

Individual Component Costs:

Fabric sling: 25 KS
Ke-M4-W2901 Mk.I 06x AIES-linking scope: 2,500 KS
Ke-M4-W2901 Mk.II 30x Mult-spectrum AIES-linking scope: 4,000 KS
WickedArms GP-1 4x manual scope: 50 KS
WickedArms GP-5B/12A 10x manual scope: 100 KS
Zen Armaments Precision Sniper Rifle 20x manual scope: 400 KS
Emrys Industries Gauss Flechette Rifle 4x red-dot scope: 100 KS
Extra forward grip: 200 KS
Extra M100 magazines: 50 KS
Extra M200 magazines: 100 KS
Attachable under-barrel grenade launcher (Mk.I): 6,000 KS
Buttpad: 100 KS
Replacement foregrip (wraps around part of the barrel): 150 KS
Foregrip/bipod: 300 KS
Bipod alone: 150 KS

Nomenclature Information

Type: Rail gun fired from the shoulder.

Model: Ke-M4-W2901 (Mk.I) comes without scope and 40 cm-long rails housed inside a barrel. Mk.I also can have a grenade launcher attached. Mk.II comes with an adjustable 20x electronically linked scope with 55 cm-long rails, also housed, and a folding bipod.

Role: The LASR's purpose is rather simple -- give M4-suited soldiers a weapon that does not have the overkill of the M2-W2901 Aether Beam Rifle, yet retains some armor-killing punch. The sniper variant acts as an alternative to low-powered aether shots. Combined field systems or external kinetic dampeners can dull its damage. The M4-2901 is standard issue for the Sylph power armor and is often found with the Lamia and Mindy armors as well.

Length: Mk.I is about 70 cm long with stock collapsed; 100 cm extended. Mk.II is 115 cm long with extending stock.
Weight: Mk.I weighs about 30 kg empty, 40 kg loaded; Mk.II about 45 kg empty, 50 kg loaded.

Discharge Information

Projection/ammo type: Magnetically propelled rounds with several variants listed under Ammo Description.

Firing Mechanism: Round is pushed into chamber by the magazine spiral loading system from top-loading helical magazine by pulling a small cocking handle on the left side of the weapon's receiver. Magnetic pulse is charged behind the round by pulling the trigger, similar to a double-action trigger on a conventional rifle. That is for the first round only, however; a capacitor immediately draws off the battery after the first round to provide instant fire after the first shot (single-action pull). The magnetic pulse is then fired behind the round once the trigger breaks, sending the round between the differently charged rails inside the barrel of the weapon. The moment the pulse is fired, it pushes a door above the chamber open, loading the next round. Cycle repeats.

Note: Battery powering the weapon is found in front of the trigger, built into the gun. It is a fairly slim battery that folds into the weapon and under the foregrip, but can power the gun for up to 4,000 rounds (800 for Mk.II).

Caliber: 7x15/20mm boat-tail tapered dart with colored tips.

Effective Range: 4,000m for Mk.I; 13,000m for Mk.II.

Maximum Range: 12,000m for Mk.I; 45,000m for Mk.II.

Muzzle Velocity: 1,500m/s at anti-personnel setting (about 5,000ft/s, which is about 500ft/s faster than a .220 Swift); up to 6,000m/s at anti-armor setting.

Muzzle Blast: A small blip of bluish light.

Firing Mode(s): Mk.I is semi-auto, three-round burst and full auto at 900 rounds/min. Mk.II is semi-automatic only.

Recoil: Heavy. An unarmored non-Neko soldier attempting to fire this weapon on its lowest setting would receive a significant kick to their shoulder. An NH-17R or NH-27 could fire the weapon up to a certain point, but not at full power.

Ammo Description:

Name: Ke-M4-W2901 7x15/20mm LASR.

Visual Description: A plain light or dark-grey boat-tail tapered dart with a colored tip.
  • Standard ball (natural grey):
    Tungsten round, steel jacket.
  • Hollowpoint:
    Soft steel round with hollow tip, thin tungsten half-jacket.
  • Armor Piercing (black):
    Fullerene dart within tungsten-nickel alloy round.
  • Tracer (white):
    Hollow fullerene round, tungsten steel jacket. Packed with slow-burning magnesium. 0.01 second delay on fuse to ignite magnesium.
  • Training rounds:
    A single dummy round is loaded into the chamber; the range master will activate a rifle's training mode for a trainee.
Stored in a simple cylindrical magazine, 4cm wide by 7cm tall by 15cm long (20cm long for Mk.II). A counter is fed directly into the armor, as the weapon is actively linked to AIES. However, a counter is found on the magazine itself.

Ammo: 100 rounds per magazine.

Damage Description: Depends on the round type and target. Standard is issued for most engagements; hollowpoint is usually issued only when unarmored targets are expected in tight quarters; armor piercing is also standard; shield piercing is issued only when shielded targets are expected; tracers are for nighttime fighting; and HE rounds are issued to sniper squads.

Weapon Mechanisms:

Safeties: Located above the trigger on the left side in the form of a pulldown-pushup switch that unattaches the trigger from the magnetic pulse generator. AIES link allows access to magnetic pulse generator safety; essentially shuts the gun down.

Fire mode selectors: AIES link needed. Default is semi-auto, 1,500m/s. See Fire modes above.

Weapon sights: AIES provides main sighting abilities. However, 30x scope on Mk.II is designed to supplement those. The standard 06x scope on the Mk.I provides some extra sighting power. The weapon has no iron sights. A laser sight is built into the rifle's frame below the barrel. It is turned on and off with a small button above the grip.

Attachment hard points: A grenade launcher similar to that of the old WickedArms GP-12a can be attached to the area below the battery and in front of the trigger guard on the Mk.I.

Note: the weapon's stock slides into and out from the receiver to maintain stability. It is like that of an Type 28 SMG.

Maintenance Information:

Field Maintenance Procedure: Weapon requires no major cleaning, as no chemicals are produced. The foregrip under the barrel can be removed by undoing two hidden snaps on the front and back of it, but other than that, there's little else that can be repaired without a workbench. Barrels can be switched if necessary. The magnetic pulse generator's rear end ("the bolt") is exposed and can be tinkered with using simple field tools, but it is a somewhat fragile unit.

Replaceable Parts and components: The Mk.I is serviced fairly easily. The quick-change barrel is the most important part, but the battery, scope, trigger group and stock are the only parts that can be field-stripped. The rails inside the barrel are actually replaced with the Mk.II, instead of just attaching a new barrel as with the Mk.I. The receiver can be removed from the back and includes the magnetic pulse device that propels the rounds, as well as the cocking device that loads new rounds. The recoil pad on the extending stock can also be added.

Visual Description:

Mk.I
1151279689713.png

Mk.II
1151284388315.png

The Light Armor Service Rifle is comprised mostly of a titanium alloy and polymer furnniture. The alloy is a mix of of smooth and checkered blue/grey, the standard Star Army colors, with the polymer a dark grey. The bolt is uncolored and exposed on the right side of the weapon. A modular rail is set on top of the weapon, allowing for a highly versatile rifle without changing the basic components. The magazine actually slides in between the extendable stock's rails and beneath the end of the rail. The barrel fits snugly with the lower portion of the rifle that holds the foregrip and battery. It is not connected, as the barrel is a quick-changer.

LEFT SIDE: The safety is above the trigger. The charging handle is above the main grip.

History:

The infamous design team responsible for mostly failed projects was finally given a task and asked to tailor it. They did just that, creating a rifle usable by soldiers in the new M4 Sylph light power armor and possibly future light armors. In essence, the weapon gives the armor badly needed medium attack power that can be used against unarmored and armored targets alike. Because the old WickedArms weapons are no longer in production, and any other space-borne power armor weapon is overpowered, this weapon suits the light armor well. However, it is primarily designed to face targets inferior to Yamatai's spacy armors. Oddly enough, it is the first design team's actual success. A pistol is in the works.

Edits:
Changed weapon nomenclature to reflect proper naming methodology.
Highlighted stock placement under Weapon Mechanisms.
Replaced "shoulder-mounted" with "fired from the shoulder."
Increased price.
Edited damage description to shrink globe size.
Added magazine cost.
REVAMPED AMMUNITION (Types, speed, etc.)
Changed jackets from Yamataium to tungsten steel.
Added steel bands to certain rounds to make magentic properties work.
Added laser control switch.
Modified ammunition color labels.
Added reference to firing modes.
Added more accessories/parts.
Added folding bipod to Mk.II.
Added recoil pad to stock butt of Mk.I.
Reduced battery power from 20k/15k to 4k/0.9k.
Edited out Zesuaium, replaced it with titanium carbide.
Added polymer coating.
Modified ammunition to remove titanium carbide; replaced with tungsten.
Added capacitor system to allow for rapid firing.
Changed frame composition from Yamataium to titanium alloy.
Modified portions of the weapon to fit the art.
Added scope options to purchaseable items.

Dear Doshii... This is why I am such a psycho now. I spent several months attempting to figure out the method to achieve the same feat you are attempting to perform. There are only a handful of ways, and I'll explain them for your good mental health.

Antimatter (This includes Misshu positron beams): Due to the complete and utter destruction of the matter of Zesuaium, this method is highly useful. That combined with the fact that only a fraction of a gram, a very small fraction, is able to produce an explosion that is a Hiroshima or Nagasaki equivalent, yes, with radiation included.

Aether: It vaporizes stuff, nuff said.

Intense Radiation: Due to the nature of Zesuaium, radiation can penetrate the material with ease once the Mindy armor's shield systems are down. Thus a method such as a focused x-ray beam would work quite well.

Crushing or impacting damage: Despite the unbreakable nature of Zesuaium, the pilot inside of the armor is still fleshy and soft, even though she is a Neko. Thus as Wes said, impact damage would indeed be able to cause harm, but not to the Mindy itself, but the pilot inside. Also, a good headshot with a rather hard hitting round would rip off the pilot's head, or at least her helmet. In space, that is as good as a killing blow.

Dimensional Rift: This does not kill the Mindy; it just puts them somewhere else, somewhere that is not at your current battlefield where the Mindy can cause damage.

High focus energy: If the Mindy is hit hard enough with a plasma based weapon, the impact would be enough to cause trauma to the pilot, and knock away the Mindy's weapons, or incinerate them.

Energy submersion: If the weapon delivers a beam of energy, that is equivalent or greater to the size of the Mindy, and can submerge the armor in a stream of energy, that would expose the armor to levels of energy that would be impossible to prevent from sneaking between the plates of the armor, and getting to the fleshy bits underneath. This would cause the pilot to be cooked to a crisp, leaving a perfect shell of a Mindy armor to be looted from the battle.

Immobilization: Preventing the armor from moving is as good as killing it. This could be accomplished by a high density gel that could be delivered by a cannon of sorts that would essentially shoot a giant spit wad at the Mindy. Upon impact, the Mindy would be coated and the gel would harden to a solid, thus preventing the armor from moving.

Infection: To infect a pilot is to infect the armor, thus if a weapon were to deliver a toxic payload of sorts to the pilot, it would kill the armor. This method is demonstrated by the NH-18. Also, once a pilot is infected, she could carry such infection back to her fellow pilots when she is carried back to a hospital ship or the rear lines. This is where the infection could spread through the ranks of the enemy, disposing of even more pilots, and their armor.

Internal explosion: Deliver a payload of explosive ordinance inside of the armor, beneath the Zesuaium plate. This can be accomplished by penetrating the armor in a seam, such as the arm joint. (Like what happened to the Samurai Kosuka.) When the payload is delivered, it could then explode inside of the armor. Killing the pilot and destroying the weapon from the inside.

That is all I can come up with at the moment, I hope it was helpful.

Isn't zeusiam radiation proof?

And doesn't the Mindy have an inertial dampener which would nullify the affects of blunt force trauma?

Uso Tasuki said:
Isn't zeusiam radiation proof?

And doesn't the Mindy have an inertial dampener which would nullify the affects of blunt force trauma?

Well, as for the radiation issue, I envoke the knowlege of Vesper. https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21279#21279

As for the blunt force damage... if Wes says it would work, it would work. (Sounds silly, but when he tosses out a method to kill, i'll gladly take it.) But there is also the fact that you can't just null impact damage with an inertial dampener. Sure it would keep the Mindy from moving with the hit, but the impact still produces a bone shattering vibration through the armor and pilot.

In this case Vesper is wrong because he can not possibly take into account the effects of time based construction materials.

If an inertial dampener 'catches' the initial impact then the entire force is effectively canceled out which means no vibrations being sent through the armor. If there was vibrations being sent then logically the inertial dampener has failed its job.

Though in hindsight the CFS would act as a dampening field of sorts, sense the area inside the field is not moving which would make anything peircing the field deal normal damage?

Also, if the armor were to prevent all vibration from being transmitted through the armor, it would prevent the pilot from being able to observe their full enviroment. Such as feeling a deck plate vibrate from an impact, or being tapped on the shoulder by some one and being alerted of an ambush that was observed by a fellow squad member without using vocal or electronic communication.

I'll repeat.

Those grenades we faced up with back in PNUgen: the ones that could tear in half the zesuaium helmet of Hanako's Mindy when she covered the explosive with it to mute the explosion... If you take those, miniaturize them further (probably dramatically decreasing the blast radius) and shape it like a dart.

If the grenades were useable, I don't see why a dart-shaped explosive would not be. Trigger? It'd be an impact mine. Shelfspace lifespan? As long as the grenades, I'd figure. Safety? You cram those in a magazine and they should be safe enough. Handling? Anyone handling ammunition has to be careful with them regardless, so, I don't see how much bother this particular type of ammunition would be compared to other stuff.

Uso Tasuki said:
In this case Vesper is wrong because he can not possibly take into account the effects of time based construction materials.

And those accounts are... What exactly Uso? Just saying he's wrong and not prooving it makes one look stupid.

Not that I am stating that you are or are not stupid. Just the notion that you're disproving something without the evidence to do so is.

Cora said:
Uso Tasuki said:

And those accounts are... What exactly Uso? Just saying he's wrong and not prooving it makes one look stupid.

Not that I am stating that you are or are not stupid. Just the notion that you're disproving something without the evidence to do so is.

Not again, please, for the love of all that is good and pure, not again.

Derran, why don't you RP anymore? Is there a skeleton in a closet somewhere? Are you too busy? Do you hate us?

I don't RP because I quite frankly have lost the desire to do so. I drop in here from time to time because people often forward me threads on AIM and ask for my input. Plus, my burgeoning music career leaves little time for RP projects - I'm usually in the studio or out somewhere hustling CDs for money and making connections.

Still, I still have a fondness for sci-fi RP and I try to contribute to this RP because I'm one of the pioneers of this shit, or at least I like to think I am.

Derran Tyler said:
I don't RP because I quite frankly have lost the desire to do so. I drop in here from time to time because people often forward me threads on AIM and ask for my input. Plus, my burgeoning music career leaves little time for RP projects - I'm usually in the studio or out somewhere hustling CDs for money and making connections.

Still, I still have a fondness for sci-fi RP and I try to contribute to this RP because I'm one of the pioneers of this shit, or at least I like to think I am.

Huh. And like that, the animosity's gone. Thank you for answering that question for me, Derran. That made my day. *sips tea*

Questions:

1. Would the magnetic pulse firing each round interfere with the magnetic bottle containing the anti-matter inside the rounds?

2. Shouldn't we use light blue for training rounds? It's a NATO standard and a Star Army one, too. Check out the charts on this page. Here's another one that's easier to read.

3. Why 7mm?

4. What is "mini-missile packed inside?" When I think of a mini-missile, the palm-sized missiles found in the Mindy armor's thigh launchers comes to mind. Are you talking about some sort of penetrator (like depleted uranium tank rounds use)?

5. Can the laser sight be turned off? If so, how?

6. The fire selector mode is listed a a default of "semi-auto," but no other modes are listed. What modes are there?

7. Would it be possible to give it more field servicable parts, so combat arms player chracters can have stuff to do?

8. It says, "Round is dropped into chamber." Does this mean that it needs gravity to work? If not, we may want to tweak the wording. Things like this could cause malfunctions in IC usage (as can typos ^_^, but you're good spelling-wise).

9. Isn't the muzzle velocity a little low for space use? See Derran's comments on the first page of the thread.

10. How is there no recoil? Railguns have recoil, and this is a railgun. (Side note: Recoilless rifles are shoulder-fired missile launchers that direct some of the missile backblast to counter the recoil of launching the projectile. They're not completely recoilless, either. The power armor rifle design is not a recoiless rifle).

Answers:

1. There's no more anti-matter. None. Zero.

2. Oh. Huh. Well, yeah, I can follow this. NATO works for me.

3. 7mm was used because I wanted the rounds to be small like a normal rifle. Since speed is the stronger factor in ballistic damage, I figured I'd make a Star Army version of the .220 Swift -- small caliber, extreme speed, plenty of damage (even though it's a varmint round). You can make the dart as big as you like, I suppose, but I wouldn't want to go over 10mm.

4. I expected to be called on this one. I'm thinking of some kind of shaped charge round, like the original anti-matter round was. But I can't think of a Star Army-grade explosive to use. I mean, couldn't I just take an old WickedArms mortar round that's used in the Kylie and apply that? Or at least use that principal? The only reason I hesitate is because the 50mm Kylie gun doesn't seem to be used much, as it seems underpowered for space combat, which I'll consider in a second.

5. Ah, silly me. I'll edit in a control switch for the laser.

6. I listed other modes, just not there. I'll edit that.

7. *siiiiigh* Yeah, I'll give it more serviceable parts ... I was trying to be lazy, and I shouldn't be. I'll edit them in.

8. That's correct, the round is dropped into the chamber on gravity alone, with the door preventing other rounds from dropping in with it. I shall edit that.

9. This is where I think we need to talk. Fred, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sylph is a very shitty armor to use in space. It's just too goddamn slow. This rifle is designed for that armor, so I question the need for it to useful in space. I can bump the muzzle velocity up to maybe 10km/s, but at that point, aren't we getting into problems of collateral damage?

Basically, I'm thinking this gun is good for ground only. Unless you want Mindys hauling these things around, they're basically for the Sylph, which is pretty useless in space.

10. Ahhh, there should be recoil! I just was hoping someone would justify how they could not. I read the recoilless thread you posted in Uso's weapon (the Waffle Iron), so I can understand the need for recoil. Can we fire a weapon like this on the ground and have the Sylph take it, though?

Edits will be made tomorrow, probably, as tonight is a K-day.

The Sylph does bear the handicap of limited movement capability in space. It's exactly as mobile as a neko, which makes it terrific in close quarter combat... but lacking when out in space doing combat against opponents going at faster speeds and dealing with weapons that have a longer range.

Sure, the Sylph could always use an aether saber-rifle and pick at targets from a standing position on it's mothership (which was one possible intended use), but with the 70mph movement capability of the Sylph, it's the best it can realistically do out in vaccuum. The only way the pilot can realisitcally survive in power armor combat in these conditions would be to anticipate a high speed direct-fire attack (move out of the way before the opponent fires without allowing for correction).

The moment a mishhuvurthyar pod uses homing missiles, the Sylph is practically screwed. It has limited capabilities of countering the missiles and it's hard to dodge that when the things actually move better than your own suit. It'd take fancy flying to avoid even a couple, let alone a full volley.

The Sylph's 1B upgrade will likely be something that will give it an extra hardpoint to mount a backpack-like module that will allow it more versatility in certain operations as well as increased thrust in atmospheric conditions: the armor should be able to perform well under atmospheric conditions and go toe-to-toe with it's LAMIA sisters in terms of speed and yet it currently does not.

Of course, one reason the Sylph currently doesn't was due it it's limited energy reserves. It's designers were probably cautious about it since the capacitors - while very dependable - were still not a font of illimited zero-point energy like the M1, 2 and 3. However, while going to hypersonic speeds would be a significant energy drain, it's something that should quite be in the Sylph's operational range.

That would make the Sylph's engine capabilities significantly higher, but still shy of the speeds other power armors would be capable of supporting in space since it'd go at a measly Mach 5 compared to the Mach 22 our crafts today need to maintain a low earth orbit.

But I digress,

If the Sylph were to combat in space, yes, it could resort to the Mindy power armor's aether saber-rifle. In an instance where it would need extra punch, but not to the extent (and collateral hazards) the M2-W2901 has, it would likely go for the Accelerated Plasma Rifle. However, the Ke-M2-W2705 - while having a capacitor reserve of 50 shots - has no way of being recharged with the Sylph since it entirely lacks the CFS system to communicate that energy (in the same way the Mindy powers it's Nodal Support Bits).

The Light Armor Service Rifle covers the need for a weapon better suited for the Sylph. It's easily carried on one rack, not really energy dependant, and fires ammunition which can easily be stowed in the six carrying slots the Sylph has on the side of it's thighs. The weapon's punch seems ideal for the suit's purpose, which is to be capable of dealing with infantry, bioweapons and stand a chance of confronting another power armor of a superior class (Anti-Armor/Anti-Starship) with an actual chance of winning in close combat instead of being relatively helpless. Range is adequate for combat in atmospheric conditions too, though the weapon would need to function in anti-gravity just as wel as in gravity (as starships have zero-gravity passageways.

That said, to bring up one of Doshii's point, all firearms - energy based or not - will do collateral damage to their environment with a miss or a hit that the target simply does not stop. In that instance, I think it's more important to consider the level of collateral damage involved: The Sylph will likely not put things on fire, or at least not as blatantly as the Mindy power armor's aether bream rifle.

However, I think the objective really is to not cause hull breaches.As Star Army vessels have their interiors sheated in yarvex and have zesuaium frames and blast doors, I think these should be taken into account. The LASR doesn't need to get past hull or blast shutter - it's very likely the grenade attachment would be made to clear for those very instances.

Having a weapon with recoil shouldn't be too much of a problem. The Sylph is very strong with inertia-control capabilities and should be able to handle it. The recoil shouldn't be such a bad thing when fighting at point-blank range too (under 30 feet, which is likely the range around what shipboard combat will be).

*looks up* Gee, I wrote a lot.

I think the battery life should be majorly reduced; it takes a lot to operate a railgun. Possible solution: Perhaps each magazine should have its own rechargable battery built in, that would have enough energy to fire its contents. The rifles could be issued with a automatic loading device that would fouble as a magazine battery recharger.

I'd still like to see more field-servicable parts. If you can't think of anything else, that's okay too though.

How does the carry handle provide a "manual" sight when there's a big magzine on top of the rifle? And what's up with the carry handle being folding? Help me visualize.

Also, about the gravity-dropped round in the firing mechanism: This is going to cause the weapon to misfeed or fail to feed ammunition when the weapon is upside down, falling, being jerked upward, or in zero-G conditions like in some of the rooms and passageways of starships the Sylph is going to be defending. It's a flaw that won't stop the weapon from being approved (it is fine OOCly), but it needs to be noted so that it is accurately protrayed in-character. Alternatively, we could have some sort of mechanism push and hold each round in place, too (could always save that for a future upgrade version hehehe...not everything starts off in perfect working order [M-16 anyone?] ).

How come the standard ball round is titanium carbide? How about fullerine instead? It is cheaper in the SARP and possibly stronger.

Why 9mm now? With a railgun, smaller rounds are probably the way to go, although bigger rounds can have more variety (incendiary, airburst, combination rounds, etc).

1. The automatic loading device/battery charger ... that would be an item saved for the armory, right? You don't take that to battle with you, neh?
I had considered the need for a bigger power supply, at the least. Could we use a BU-M20 battery to provide the power for at least two magazines? I'd really prefer not to make the magazine any bigger. BATTERY POWER REDUCED

2. I'm trying to think what other serviceable parts there are. If this is approved, feel free to add some ...

How about a built-in bipod? EDIT MADE

3. Okay, carry handle. Think the FN FAL's handle, but hollow with a sight through it. This is basically the only way I could put manual sights on this thing. I wanted it to fold like a FAL's carry handle because, well, that handle was really helpful on shooting trips for carrying that gun. Better than the sling sometimes.

But I admit it's a cooky idea. I can toss it if it gets in the way.

4. With the helical magazine, rounds are naturally pushed forward and into the chamber. The problem is the chamber's set up for the rounds to get shoved in there, and that chamber style makes for a slower firing rate. I don't mind them being forced in -- in fact, you're right, they really should be. I'll edit that. EDIT MADE

5. ... Basically, I know what titanium carbide is and I've never heard of fullerene. I also liked the idea of a semi-armor-piercing round as standard ammunition. EDIT MADE

6. When you asked about 7mm, I thought you desired a larger caliber. I actually prefer the round to be 7mm, so unless you object, I'll switch it back. EDIT MADE

How do you get around the fact that a round made largely of Zesuaium will have far lower force than other projectiles? This is because you can't propel Zesuaium with magnetic fields - it's immune to them in the same way it is immune to energy of all kinds (other than aether). While you do have 'steel strip' around your Zesuaium round, this will mean the actual force transferred to the round will be a tiny fraction of that transferred to a normal round meaning roughly that it won't hit that hard.

If the steel grip itself doesn't rip off and make a major mess of the railgun.

Good point. *eyes Doshii* Yamataiaum?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back