• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Ke-T5-1A Cougar Tactical Aeroshuttle

Fred

Retired Staff
Ke-T5-1a "Cougar"

Primary Purpose: Starfighter
Secondary Purpose: Interstellar Transport, Dropship
Range: 20 days of travel (about 274 light-years at maximum speed)
Speed: 5000c, Mach 5 in atmosphere. Transatmospheric.
Load Capacity: 8 personnel with gear or 2 personnel with cargo.
Weapons:
  • [*]Light triple-barreled Particle Cannons (2)
    Purpose: Anti-mecha, Anti-Starship
    Damage: Very Heavy on mecha, moderate to heavy on small to average starships, light on capital ships; penetrates solid/scalar shields.
    Range: 1 AU
    Rate of Fire: 9 per second.
    Payload: Effectively Unlimited

[*]Mini-Missile Pods (MSAP, SSDMM, MFMA, ARMA)
    Warheads: Guided Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing, Subspace detonating, Multi-Function Missile Avoidance and Anti-Radar Missile Avoidance.
    Damage: The MSAP take out small hard and soft targets at close range; One missile is capable of destroying an enemy drone, gun turret, or small enemy mecha. The SSDMM creates holes in shield systems, disables FTL flight, collapses wormholes. The MFMA distracts enemy missiles with intense heat and electromagnetogravitic spikes. The ARMA distracts enemy missiles with aetheric distortions and chaff dispersal.
    Range: 50 miles
    Rate of Fire: Varied volleys in multiple of five (to a maximum of 25 for the MSAP pods and 10 for the other pods). Volleys can be combined.
    Payload: Four 25 MSAP Mini-Missile pods each for a total of 100. Four 10 SSDMM Mini-Missile pods each for a total of 40. Four 10 MFMA Mini-Missile pods each for a total of 40. Four 10 ARMA Mini-Missile pods each for a total of 40. Mini-Missile pods are mounted over the Cougar's fuselage.

[*]Projected Energy Beams
    Purpose: Point-defense
    Damage: moderate on smaller mecha, light on non-capital ship and negligible on larger hulls.
    Range: Theoretically unlimited except by the beam's speed (1c)
    Rate of Fire: Ten one-second bursts every 15 seconds
    Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Systems: PCS, Anti-Gravity, Armor w/ thermoptic camouflage (Xiulurium-coated Zesuaium), CFS, Communications, Aether generator & auxiliary power capacitors, Nodal fabrication system, Graviton beam emiter, Emergency Homing Beacon, Shields, AIES, Stasis system, atmospheric shielding for pilot compartment and rear hatch.

Notes: contains 72 standard Star Army rations, 150 gallons of water, a WickedArms TA-17 survival kit, and a WickedArms TA-13 field surgery kit. The stasis function has a maximum use of twenty years. The Ke-T5 is more combat-oriented than the slightly smaller T4 and is outfitted with many state-of-the-art systems adapted from recent power armors.

*annoyed*

Wes, there's a difference between having a player making a submission and it being accepted... and a player making a submission that would be needed and that would fit the theme.

Since I started making the Cougar, it seems that the attempt spawned several small fightercrafts from other designers, most actually quite better at the starfighter role than the Cougar would be. And the Cougar isn't a significant step above the Fox's transporting capabilities. Ironically, the Sylph power armor spawning more armor designs and becoming semi-obsolete is a similar case.

I am not going to bang my head against a wall making something you don't need for KFY Wes. Seeing that I got the distinct impression you personally didn't like it much annyways, I am not pursuing this submission. I really don't like making stuff that I don't feel will really be useful to the person I am submitting to (in KFY's case: Wes).

If you insist on not wasting this though, the whole concept of the Cougar could perhaps be recycled as a Fox T4-2A overhaul (it's certainly shaped similarly enough!). That, however, isn't up to me from here on in.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back