• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[KHI] Wayfarer-Class Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soresu

Link

Decided to go with something different in the combat shuttle role. In other words I wanted a little more flexibility, interchangeable armaments for specific tasks and so on to make users of the Wayfarer sit and think, "What would work best for this?" on how best to use what is given, and can be changed in ways of armament, and the use of the systems, or combining the two. Figured giving a bit of a modular selection could spice things up, and be fun, and make people ponder and choose what they use wisely. :)

I like it.
Would make an ideal fighter or one-man-home for specialized soldiers with very little modification.

Very versatile. I'd like to see more art - I'd love to take a crack at it.

Reduce the shield DR to something appropriate based on the DR chart. Everything else looks great.

Hrm, going by the Lorath Shield Chart, and Damage Rating, 5 is around fighter class shield strength and the Wayfarer is about fighter sized. The Combined Shield Burst can be reduced if that is what you're getting at.

Please note that the steath armor of this ship will only really be affective in space, since anything with a 'negative' refractive index(I assume its supposed to mean zero refractive index, but anyway) will certainly appear as a big black spot. So its best you try not to silhouette yourself on anything ;)

You may want to note this.

(Holding my words on the questionable nature of such a substance since there are far worse things similar to it which are already accepted)

Scribbles. I have taken note of this, and I would kindly ask you take your questions of such substances to the maker of said material. So please, if you have nothing constructive to say, I kindly ask you to leave.

And remember, hard science isn't always the answer on here.

No you don't seem to understand what I'm saying, any such material will appear as a very large black silhouette when backed by anything(such as a nice big blue atmosphere).

This is not mentioned in your description at all, which is why I suggested it be noted. Please try not to get offended at the slightest criticism btw.

Scribbles, I asked you not to come back in here nicely. I also told you I took stock of the situation. I am not up in a huff on criticism. I want people to think of such things on their own accord. That is the intention of the submission, to make them think things through instead of running, and gunning it thinking they're invisible completely.

I wanted this to be a thinker, and not have everything down to every little detail easily forked over to the user, but instead for them to learn of the little quirks and flaws themselves as a learning curve. Now that seems slightly ruined to me. :(

I'll certainly not leave a submission thread because someone dislikes my points. Submissions are meant to be scrutinized that is why the process is in place.

In any event the critical properties of anything submitted should be noted(as they are important for roleplaying), and this in my opinion is a critical property that should be noted. I really don't buy into the 'surprise!' factor when it comes to OOC submissions.

This back and forth is starting to really get on my nerves. The materials Scribbles is questioning are already approved. The rest of the issues have been fixed accordingly. This submission is Approved.

Can we put more art on the article? A side view and a "beauty shot" would be great.

I would also like the article to actually link to Sitearium in the Sitearium (sp?) part instead of using a copy-pasta paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back