• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Ki-M20-1 Series "EUNA" Armor

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/notyet
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:uesureyan_star_empire:equipment:ki-m20-1a_euna_power_armor
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Kessica system page, wip by Ame and is just linked for when it gets finished.
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
So @Ametheliana and I did some adventuring in Uesu Space and fought the Mishhuvurthyar a while back, which really seemed to get everyone going on the idea of fighting Mishhu again. We haven't been back with the Kaiyo yet, but I think about Uesureya all the time and making stuff for them (and how much Aiko enjoys her "real Neko" friends from the SAoU). So I asked @Wes the other night to make me a picture for an Uesureyan Mindy. He wonderfully obliged with something totally cool, so after yesterday brainstorming/note taking and today writing it out I've completed the Ki-M20-1A Empire of Uesureya Nekovalkyrja Armor "Euna."

Originally my thought had been for it to not have any photonics/hard light at all. But Wes' art had those REALLY COOL transparent loincloth and cape thingies, so I basically had to make an Uesureyan variant. Basically it's hard (soft) light fabric that continuously activates and acts like a photonic cape/cloak. Besides that it's Tier 6 (medium armor). To compensate, I wanted to make it accelerate slower in space and be slightly slower in-atmo than the Mindy 4 but honestly no less agile in a fight. Turns out that making it slower than a Mindy 4 makes it REALLY SLOW overall because all that criticism Yamatai/KFY gets about being overpowered is actually just a cover for other factions having better stats than the supposedly most agile Mindy 4(lol, lmao, whatev).

It can also phase like a Ghost Mishhu. Because Uesureyans have fought Mishhu longer than anyone else so of course they unlocked that advancement. But it doesn't teleport. Anyway, it's an NPC faction so it doesn't really matter.

I guess that's it. I tried to keep copypasta to a minimum but the Sensors bullet points are just the Mindy's with a few extra things thrown in. A lot of the off-page equipment I linked to is just old KFY tech either updated to 4500-series or just slapped with a Ki- at the beginning because Uesureyans have no reason to update forearm weapons if the Mindy 4 didn't either. I just feel like Uesureya ostensibly is basically NPC Yamatai so has a lot of similar developments (and definitely retained anything pre-YE 30).

So basically it's a FatCat Mindy. Gotta have extra armor and muscles so that those tree trunk tentacles don't squeeze ya. I gave it a big long pike because I envision Uesu Neko in the Euna ganging up on big ol' Mishhu monsters and putting them down before they get too close. And a Naginata (glaive) because it's a cool weapon. Beyond that, its basic handheld weapons are an Uesu NSP plus an ASBR or Aether/Scalar SMG and one of those two melee weapons if they want.

What else... designer is Kitsurugi Uesu because he knows about the NekoOS plus some random Saika/Saiga who will be my KitsurugiFY avatar. They're Imperial loyalists and old PNUgen employees as a clan so it made sense that at least one went with them, right? If that's not okay let me know.

It's not proofread fully yet because I just spent the last 10 hours writing it. Oh. And I don't have any RP example but should have one pretty soon. It's the "summer of SARP" rules still so I felt like this could slide.

Hope that's okay. Just kind of did what I wanted with it based on the art Wes gave me. I honestly don't think it's very overpowered in any way considering I looked at every other faction's power armor and saw how ridiculously power crept they've become the past few years (and I still made this basically a fat and slow-ish Mindy).

Form checked Yamatai faction but its Uesureya faction.

Thanks. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

I've watched this unfold on the wiki and it looks great!

My only question for you (@raz ) and @Wes is that a major change was made to the site's rules post-Second Mishhu War, and that was the inclusion of this line in the Submission Rules. It makes a lot of old Mishhu tech and weapons moot also. But since you included a Phasing Module, should we be amending this? If I recall the rule was made more as a solution to people who were abusing it at the time, that are no longer on the site. Personally, IMO, we should consider amending this rule, and give reasonable phasing technology a chance to be reviewed.

What Not to Do
  • Technology that allows objects to pass through other objects (“phasing” etc)

Lmao I didn't even read that or know it existed. Sucks. I just thought it'd be a cool replacement for teleporting.

Whoops!

I guess I'll leave it until I'm told to take it out because I'm tired of editing this dang thing. It's got a picture, that's all we need to roleplay right?

Lmao I didn't even read that or know it existed. Sucks. I just thought it'd be a cool replacement for teleporting.
I'm hoping that Wes will approve an amendment to that rule considering the conditions it was made from. The phasing module is really cool.

Well I’m not so committed to it that I want the rules changed forever. As I said, it was just a cool idea to make it different from what Yamatai does. I’ll take a one-off NPC faction exception but don’t wanna otherwise shake up guidelines that are there for a good reason.

I'll grant an exception for this on the phasing. We can look at whether we want to scrap the rule in the upcoming weeks or months. In particular, it might be useful to make the Mishhu scarier as they are redeveloped. And maybe the reason this power armor can phase is specifically to sync phases with phased Mishhu so it can punch them in the face without waiting for them to unphase.

Yeah like they encountered that first right? So they’d develop copy and countermeasures from captured examples

Not a mod anymore, but I decided to give it a look because the art rules and it's been making quite the racket in the discord feed so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. the concept of this is really cool, and I LOVE the beam cloak, it's a wonderful shielding tech AND an excuse for capes rolled into one! The only thing I noticed about it is that it's a hair too fast, since Zesu armored stuff can only go up to .375. That's an easy enough footnote to miss in the speed standards and DRv3 stuff, but you were close enough to on the money that it shouldn't be a huge deal to pop the number down .005.

Overall, I can't wait to see this thing flying around in space! Will the beam cloak move around even when there's no air?

Not a mod anymore, but I decided to give it a look because the art rules and it's been making quite the racket in the discord feed so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. the concept of this is really cool, and I LOVE the beam cloak, it's a wonderful shielding tech AND an excuse for capes rolled into one! The only thing I noticed about it is that it's a hair too fast, since Zesu armored stuff can only go up to .375. That's an easy enough footnote to miss in the speed standards and DRv3 stuff, but you were close enough to on the money that it shouldn't be a huge deal to pop the number down .005.

Overall, I can't wait to see this thing flying around in space! Will the beam cloak move around even when there's no air?
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you like the concept and the beam cloak. As for the speed, I'll make sure to adjust it to adhere to the speed standards. And yes, the beam cloak will move around even in the vacuum of space, as it is generated by hard light technology rather than relying on air currents. It's meant to provide both protection and a stylish appearance.

And maybe the reason this power armor can phase is specifically to sync phases with phased Mishhu so it can punch them in the face without waiting for them to unphase.
I’ll add a mention of that. Didn’t want to include too much Mishhu-specific “counter this” dialogue into anything but the history but that seems appropriate and cool.
and I LOVE the beam cloak, it's a wonderful shielding tech AND an excuse for capes rolled into one!
Just like in my Gundam Build Fighters animes.

And yes it moves without air. That is specifically called out at the end of the CAPE section.
Zesu armored stuff can only go up to .375.
It’s at .38c because the Mindy 4 (Zesu armored) can go .38c, and I assume Kitsurugi Fleet Yards has been just as successful refitting and developing stuff over the past 15 years. Mass only impacts acceleration in space, so it’d surely be able to reach the same top speed (especially within CFS). Plus, it’s slower in atmosphere than the Mindy 4, where mass restrictions on top speed are logical.

Fun note about its TAPs that isn’t really mentioned deeply: they’re supercharged instead. SAP thrusters. Because superchargers give you that direct power boost instead of waiting for the turbo to spool up. Do aether turbos and superchargers even work the same way as on cars?

Last edited:
I think it describes more like a turbofan, using the magnetic equivalent to intake, vortex, and exhaust the plasma?

3 - Day Approval Timer.

I'm continually making minor updates, but have linked the Star Army of Uesureya page @Wes made today throughout.

Just to mention it, my personal "style guide" has me backlink the first mention of something per subheading because people tend to use the ToC to jump to specific parts of a page. So if it seems like I'm over-linking certain terms, it's actually not that and I'm just being internally consistent for the reader.

I'm continually making minor updates, but have linked the Star Army of Uesureya page @Wes made to day throughout.

Just to mention it, my personal "style guide" has me backlink the first mention of something per subheading because people tend to use the ToC to jump to specific parts of a page. So if it seems like I'm over-linking certain terms, it's actually not that and I'm just being internally consistent for the reader.
That's a great practice to include backlinks for easy navigation and consistency in your writing. It helps readers quickly access relevant information and improves the overall readability of the page. Keep up the good work with your updates and style guide!

It’s at .38c because the Mindy 4 (Zesu armored) can go .38c, and I assume Kitsurugi Fleet Yards has been just as successful refitting and developing stuff over the past 15 years.
While I fully get that logic, I guess it's the rule-stickler in me that feels that since this isn't grandfathered content and was made after DRv3 was approved by Wes and that bit about armor was added to how speed is handled (Unlike the Mindy 4) it should follow the same rules as everyone else submitting new content for Yamatai or any other faction. I don't see a particular reason this should be given exception.

Okay, we'll do .375 then, since it's the rules. It's not a huge difference anyway.

The difference between .375c and .38c is: 251,481,236.01915 vs 254,834,319.16607 miles per hour. That's 3,353,083.14692 mph, which is actually pretty vast. It's a difference between keeping up with a main engagement group and arriving 10 minutes later.

I already made it slow, and the article states that it explicitly accelerates to that .38c slower than light power armors like the M2 and M4. It should be able to keep up with the latest generation armors, imo, especially because there are even newer armors (link) that make the Mindy 4 look slow and obsolete, which was already a factor that made placing the Euna's stats difficult.

The main thing about the Molly is that it utilizes much lighter armor, enabling those faster speeds. (It has Durandium armor). Also, as far as I'm aware all of the modern Yamataian vessels standardize at .375 and I imagine it would be much the same for Uesuryan vessels, though I'm not in the know about how they've updated and changed their ships. The bit about slow acceleration in space is also kind of easy to miss, and most people ignore acceleration on this site anyhow, though major props for putting that in!

The main thing about the Molly is that it utilizes much lighter armor, enabling those fasters speeds.
Yeah and much like acceleration, everyone ignores that part. Yet it can go .425c. The Molly also violates the atmospheric speed restriction of: "The airspeed of anything not a fightercraft tends to cap at Mach 1.7; actual aerodynes reach up to Mach 5," and just simply goes Mach 5 despite not looking like an airplane.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back