• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP Kikyō no Sekku YE 46

Koukotsu II
Mazu Beach: The napping corner
YE 46

From the frothing edge of the lapping surf, to the dustier area where Calliope Cardinal was reclining, a macabre red shadow drifted silently through the air… Tae Tsuguka, the befangled priest-pilot of the Yukika II... just loomed way past the point of awkwardness. Angular features and narrow eyes beamed a conflicted trepidation down onto the apparently slumbering, robust-looking nepleslian…

Several times, they opened their mouth to say something… and then closed it again.

Finally, they just settled into the sand, but kept staring…

Humans. The originals. This one was augmented, but talking to those was supposed to be the same, right? She could do this with the same protocol?

Kind of scary… Her science officer?... This one had really pronounced abs, with the earthy brown hair those kind of beings sometimes had… but she was part of the crew! That meant she was accepted under her precious Kami Futaba’s wing, and part of the machine spirit too, didn’t it? They were all married to that holy vessel, together?~ It was her duty to communicate, and protect this precious creature's divine soul!~

Hue-mans. Humans.
She could do this. It was okay. It was okay. The pilot of the other shift was one! It was fine. It was definitely fine!

“...S-shoi Cardinal, I dare say I am n-not interrupting?” Tae finally rasped out, seeming to appear out of thin air, sitting just that bit too close. Immediately, the soft white bikini covering the consecrated symbols of her temple-body felt much too exposed. She was trying to appear calm and aloof, but that only added to the toy-like quality, a religious statue completely displaced on the sunstroked beach. “Your… Your crew profile suggests a great deal of scientific acumen, and well… Far be it for me to break hierarchy, b-but…”

“Have you perhaps noticed the Kaimon unit building a small silicate fabrication over yonder? Mine data would suggest that is… a certain unit involved in an intrusion incident on the YSS Azalea II...”

LA9Il3p.png

“Worrysome, with our Shosa Tachiko exposed out here, is it not?..." A pause, hands digging into the sand, calming herself. Tae had long since closed her eyes to keep her nerve, and now managed to restrict that tone down to something distant, as flowing as the sea breeze. "I... I am... extremely bothered?... Beyond reason~~...”

Yuki Shinono blew a pleased sigh. No beach outing was complete without a watermelon, and she'd taken care to find one of the biggest ones she could. Lugging it along the sand was no great difficulty either, but finding a place for the requisite smashing was proving a bit difficult. She paused a moment, eyes scanning the sands and the variety of people scattered about, either sunning themselves or playing games or simply enjoying each other's company. One hand rested on her hip, toying a moent with a bow on her somewhat pedestrian bikini, a two piece in white and blue stripes. Then she settled upon her science officer. It seemed a nice enough place to plant down, and she probably would appreciate a couple slices anyhway, so she smoothed out a towel a few meters away.

Mazu Beach
Koukotsu II
YE 46.5.20

2021 cherry in star army swimsuit.png

"Tsuguka!" a familiar voice called out to the fire-engine-red Nekovalkyrja. It was her old crew-mate from the Eucharis, Sakura Cherry. Cherry was wearing a dark blue Star Army swimsuit and had her pink hair in pigtails as usual. She hovered up out of the water and put herself back down near her old friend. "Hey, it's been a while! How have you been?", Cherry asked with a big grin. "What are you up to these days?"

Off in the water, Daniel Becker's eyes followed Cherry to Tsuguka, and seeing her, gave a wave before climbing atop a surfboard and setting himself up to ride the next nice wave that came in.

Back on the shore, some of the Resurgence gang was arriving, with short, green-haired science officer Kawa Euikoshi leading the way, followed by Pidole, Poppy, Cassie, Gabriela, and Sakuko and Beryl who were driving two LSTVs across the sand loaded up with beach gear in the beds. Once they selected a spot, the gang built a cabana, pulled out coolers, set up umbrellas, and basically made a well-equipped campsite for the whole crew to use. Once that was one there was a sort of mass sunscreen application with everyone helping each other.

Coming up for air and to look on and see who was still in the boat, Boss was confronted with William's feet nearly dangling off of the ledge. Having rarely seen the undersides of his feet, the obtrusive callouses seemed odd and unkempt compared to the Nekovalkyrja physiology she was more accustomed to. Poking at the biggest one, then its neighboring siblings, Boss questioned the ID-SOL.

"What are these lumps here on your body? Are you unwell, Wil?" the MEGAMI asked with genuine concern as her finger poked at the big man's foot.

Molli's query and Sif's offer caught the MEGAMI's attention even more, though, and she swept her intensive gaze deeper into the boat to Molli as her hand fell.

"The popular water sport 'chicken' involves pairs grappling against one another in shallows such as these. One person from each pairing would sit on their partner's shoulders with the aim to dethrone the other shoulder rider and separate them or knock down the pair." With a shine in her amber eyes, Boss exclaimed, "We could play such a game right now!"

As Boss spoke, she was imagining herself once again being the vessel for Aiko. No doubt with the Crimson Oni of the Bellflower Empire riding the Kaiyō to battle as she had many times their victory would undoubtedly be secured!

Still standing amidships with her matte black painted toes hanging off the deck's edge, a warm smile grew across Aiko's face in the few seconds it took everyone to confirm they'd join her. More than the company—someone so recognizable as this particular Ketsurui princess could never really feel alone in public, after all—she was glad that the crew still behaved like a team even when their lives weren't on the line in combat. Though Molli's profuse respectability toward Aiko hadn't yet been shaken by the camaraderie of battle, her apparent eagerness to come along in spite of concerns for her mechanical arm was heartening. And then Sif's offer to carry her; such small acts showed how far the Kaiyō's next generation of soldiers had come in such a short time together.

When Boss chimed in, the ship's MEGAMI herself acting just as much a part of the crew as the rest of them, Aiko wasted no more time. She placed her right index and middle fingers on the bridge of her sunglasses, rolled her lower digits from the left pinky toe to the right like a gentle wave over the side of the boat, and then jumped vertically off to plunged down into the water feet first. Only a few moments later she reemerged under Boss, pushing the smaller girl up out of the crystal clear sea atop her shoulders. The princess' raven dark hair, soaked heavy with water, had something of a blue-iridescent sheen to it as the light of Koukotsu's enchanting suns caught her strands in a different way now.

"Is this what you had in mind?" Aiko asked the MEGAMI girl, not knowing at all that Boss had intended the opposite. It only made sense that Boss would be the one riding due to their respective sizes. "Though I will need to seek out more than takoyaki should we exert ourselves in excess. It has been some time and several star systems since my last meal."

William's comment made Molli's metal eyes whirr up and around, "Y'kint jus' scrub it, idjit," she said irritably, "Salt messes wiv th'circuits, circuits g'out, m'arm ent working, m'arm ent workin', ah'm sinkin'." Molli peered over the side of the boat again, gulping. She wasn't a good swimmer with two arms; her breaststroke was more like a sad doggy paddle.

That meant Sif's suggestion earned an appreciative look from the Nepleslian woman, "Ya'd do that fer me?" Molli asked with an impressed whistle, "'Course y'would. Yer could lift me wiv one 'and." Much as her pride wanted to deny the request, Molli knew better than to say no when an order from royalty was on the proverbial table. "Jus' 'elp me tutha shore, ahm not th'best swimmer."

Was it an overreaction to shallow water? Perhaps, but Molli was a cautious girl, and she'd always survived that way. Maybe that was why Boss's sudden suggestion made her eyes shoot wide out of shock, especially once the princess actually followed up on it. "Wha- Me 'n Sif 'gainst tha two toughest Neks ah know?" Molli's cheeks puffed as she crossed her arms and pouted, "Ent fair at all..."

But the more she thought about it, the more Molli considered how long she'd spent watching Aiko in action. It wasn't every day you could throw hands with a warrior princess, and though winning was a long shot by the strictest definition of the term, Molli wasn't a stranger to overcoming long odds. With a confident grin, Molli looked to Sif for confirmation. "...Ent mean we kint try though, eh?" she said, slamming a fist into her palm.

Mazu Beach
Koukotsu II
YE 46.5.20

The ornate lynx froze like a deer in headlights, or perhaps a housecat caught raiding the pantry... Was this someone from training they'd forgotten?... No, the personality seemed more extroverted, naturalized...

"...Are... Are you a crewman of the honourable YSS Eucharis, by any chance?" A timid, skittish look, vermilion visage forcing a wolfish smile. "My name is Shoi Kohosei Tae Tsuguka, pilot of the YSS Yukika II... Toyoe Tsuguka is my mother!"

Family resemblence was strong, to be fair- Though whilst her mom was a stern, robust and statuesque crimson tiger, a veteran of a dozen battles- This girl was more fey and decorated, rather more effette and etheral. Still acted more like a cat-android than a person, though.

Distracted, and unsure how to deal with somebody giving them such familiarity, they retreived their handbag and fished out a small purple-and-gold omamori charm- "Would you like a tailisman? It carries the blessings of The Immortal Empress!~" Handing it to Cherry with a straight arm and back so rigidly casual, it came across as weird all in itself. "I'm sure my mother would love to hear any messages you want to leave with me!"

Last edited:
The arrival of the valets put Aliset's warning bells up, if only momentarily before her face turned a royal blue. "Thank you gentlemen. If I may ask, dono isn't an honorific that's been used for me before. Could you explain its usage? Yanataigo's not my first language."

Taking a deep swing of her buttered rum gave her an opportunity to make sure by sensation that her blue as blood two piece sat correctly on her skin. "At convenience, of course. Whether now or after work? Sacre, do I have permission to flirt?"

"Terminal Taii Sanssinia!" A large human shouted, approaching the group of space heaters and a languishing Separa'Shan with her pet Senti trying to read her book. Her mirror alabaster skin was a crisscrossed network of battle scars and her left arm visibly an abused and outdated cybernetic, but she didn't seem to notice the damage. Platinum blonde hair framed her face in an asymmetrical pixie cut more of a mop of hair to defy the beauty she inherited from her mother as the over tall bulk of nearly three hundred pounds of muscle and a two meter frame clad in a simple black bikini of modest coverage. "You gonna finally go for an XO slot this year or are you happy just being a chief medical officer? You really gonna let that sandblaster you call a personality stop you or you gonna take after my autistic ass? The pretty slag sitting on your tail's going for it, and she hasn't even finished school."

The smile on her face betrayed her anusement and the joking way she tossed the disrespect towards the pair.

"Fuck off, sergeant! I ain't pretty, I'm way overweight," the Senti snapped back with a laugh. "Shouldn't you be wearing some sunscreen so you don't catch fire or whatever happens to you spoonears if you get too much sun?"

"You don't understand why there are six beautiful and heavily augmented men ensuring your absolute comfort, do you, taii ship-is-home-and-my-name? I already wrote your recommendation letter. You seen Ancilla? I got a gift for her.". Spark pulled a pin from her arm, showing off an E4 rank pin from the Duskerian Legion. "Just got word from PERSCOMM. Ancilla's an E4, now. Full citizen. Came here right after finishing out her paperwork. And by the way, you fighting getting taken here was the best show I've had all week. Who knew you hated shore leave so much!"

"I don't float. Deep water and my species don't mix. Especially seawater. I can already feel the iodine burns coming in. Sacre's the one who can swim. Ancilla's down that way, making sand castles, I think. Your wife know you're at a beach party? What of your kids and that thing you call a pet?"

"Angela's the one who sent my bikini with the last uniform and gear shipment. Apparently she still works at Black Wing. Came with a nice photo of the kids and Princess. She's also given me carte blanche to act as fatherless as I want and be poly. Long as I don't bring anything back from deployment."

"You're a clone. Parental figures weren't exactly your strong suit."

"And yet, my mother wanted me growing my hair out. Besides, I turned out okay."

"You're career power armor infantry and wrote the book on shock and awe hot drops. Literally. And you have a bad habit of repatriating and rehabilitating bioweapons. Almost like you don't want your past to happen to others. But into the NDC?"

"I'm a mom," Spark shrugged. "Besides. The NDC is my home. It's not as bad as you think. We're not just crazy deathworlders. We happen to have a strong dynasty of rulers and a bit of an organic versus synthetic civil issue where the synths see themselves as superior for some reason. Like you're any better, being the only military Senti body, our favorite experiment. Your species's myths don't even have anything as spicy as you. Plus, Sirris is beautiful this time of year. The hunting's perfect. Speaking of. I'm gonna go hunting with a local guide after Ancilla gets the news. Sacre, you coming?"

"Why are you wearing a bikini to hunt?"

"I had to come to the beach, first. I'll change. You qualify on power armor yet?"

"Barely as usual. Kinda like you qualifying on starship navigation. I saw your scores. You need to retake calculus. Say, lovely, your species is touch and smell, like mine is touch and inertia. How do you not gag every time your Mindy does the fitting thing?"

Mazu Beach
Koukotsu II

YE 46.5.20

Mazu Beach: Boardwalk

It felt strange for Klaus Kurogane. To walk with such... freedom. Retired at 26 years old. No structure, no standing orders. Free to do as he wishes. It could be overwhelming.

But that was for another day. Now he was here to his sacred duty as a parent and embarass his children.

"Awww" he fake-sniffled, as he approached Kára, unable to contain his smile. "Ma'am could you please help me find my daughter? She was about way high and so adorable! But I can only a strong and capable young woman. Oh, where has my little Kára gone too? She was so cute!!!"

After that spiel, he'd wave at the little dog. "Good job Whiskers. Know where Sachi is?"

"I can't let a drop out beat me, can I?" Sacre asked in response.

Klaus probably didn't recognize Sacre at first, even though she was doing a poor job at trying to relax. The fact she had a beautiful Senti woman at her side and surrounded by cabana boys. However, she recognized him. She rolled over, stood and approached Klaus with the same intensity she did everything with. "I thought the warm weather would be enough to keep me free of you." She said. Most people might hear her sturn words as an insult, but Klaus could hear the pleasant suprise in her voice. "I don't know if either of you have met Klaus yet, he got moderately competent and then ran off on me."

Of course Sif would carry Molli wherever she needed to be. If Molli was concerned about her prosthetics failing in salt water, then all the more reason to offer help. While William said it was fine so long as it was cleaned and dried, there was no harm in taking extra precautions. Besides, she had zero idea what was good for a prosthetic arm or not, and while her model was compatible with prosthetics, she wasn't in a hurry to get her limbs replaced, nor did she know what she'd want yet. Maybe a shoulder that couldn't get dislocated?

When Boss explained what the game of chicken was, Sif's interest had been piqued, even more so when Aiko had lifted Boss on her shoulder in the water. So when Molli expressed the slightest bit of giving the game a try, there was barely a delay in Sif's response as she put on a wide smile and threw herself overboard with a surprisingly gentle splash. She resurfaced by the edge of the boat with her back to Molli. "Come on then, let's show them who's the chicken!"

=====

Meanwhile at the dodgeball game, Roy had tapped out after nailing two dodgers with a lucky--no, calculated bounce on his last throw, hitting one on the knee as he jumped to the side, and sending the ball to another guy who had lost his balance. The game continued while he grabbed himself a beer from the cooler the NCOs had brought for the crew.

Beach time like this used to be a lot rougher back before he joined Yamatai's Star Army. He'd be lying if he said he didn't miss it, but this was good too. Lots of eye candy, and overall a little bit more light-hearted fun all around.

Mazu Beach
Koukotsu II

YE 46.5.20

While Hiro was playing, circling the dodgeball game, he was clocking where other members of the Yukika II crew were setting themselves up. He saw where his captain was as well as the two science officers, his 2nd shift counterpart and his roomie were. It looked like Shinono brought what looked like a watermelon.

When Roy stepped away from the Dodgeball game, so did Hiro. He took the moment to make his way over to where his roomie, Shinono and Calliope where relaxing. Well, Calliope and Shinono were relaxing, and it looked like Tae was close to hyperventilating. This gave him an idea as he turned the volume down on his hip AMP and switched from metal to what had been classic Japanese guitar music. It was lighter, and more soothing. Something he had learned occasionally help Tae relax.

Koukotsu II
YE 46

Calliopes brow visibly furrowed as more people began to take notice of her little sleeping area, and thus had begun to populate it... She adjusted her position, the Neplesians eyes briefly opening to glance over to whomst that had spoken to her, Tae Tsukuga. She moved around, sitting up right momentarily, before adjusting her position to lay on her side, with a hand holding her head put in a more comfortable position. She let out a tiny sigh, before speaking. "The Shosa will be fine- this place is defended well enough. Perhaps you a-" She blinked, as Tae moved on towards another crew member nearby. The Nepleslian stretched, attempting to continue sleeping.

Mazu Beach: The Resurgence Cabana
YE 46

Meanwhile, on the resurgence crew's little outpost, a navy haired Nekovalkrja struggled with sunscreen application. Kokoro Hayashi had been accompanying the other resurgence girls in the building of the cabana that the crew had been carrying around on those LSTVs. The Mishhu turned Neko was wearing a blue onepiece swimsuit, featuring a shark bite cut out on the side, gifted to her by none other than Mikodimus Belmont. Kokoro was completely aware of the intentions behind such a gift... but the swimsuit looked cute and she liked it! Nevertheless, the angery neko growled as the bottle of sunscreen she had been messing with refused to dispense anything, shaking it around aggressively.

"POPPY-SAN! Why do we need to put this stuff on in the first place?! Cant we just get solar ray proofed or somethin???" She complained as she shook around the container aggressively, which looked to be likely clogged up.

Unfortunately for Calliope, the red cat was merely multitasking, and not actually getting distracted. She returned to sitting mere moments later, shrugging, husky eyebrows narrowing, and opening their sharp eyes slightly to project a faint grin of sympathy...

So tired, curled up, isolated, cutting themselves off from this lovely place... Was this a touch of melancholy? Poor nepleslian girl had clearly been through a lot! Humans weren't designed for combat per say, and thus could be emotionally fragile! Probably grew up in a big awful polluted city! And now they were so far from anything like their home!

"...It's okay, I'll deal with it, Shoi..." A ill-fitting soft, caring tone... coming across as somewhat magnanimous, coming from such an arcane and wolfish inhuman creature. She placed a fresh smelling sakura flower within Callie's line of vision, but left it at that. "But if you feel too homesick or removed from the Yukika II's pure embrace... please consider confiding in me..."

Just like their enterance, their abbility to fly made their departure disturbingly silent. She was simply gone, into the crowds.

///

...Well, not for Hiro, and his diverse and eloquent guitar skills.

It was funny, they mostly met when swapping shifts, and were both either tired or just getting up- So Tae's silent greeting remained the same as always, matching his emotional strumming with a slightly quaint and dorky, but enthusiastic, dance. This one involved swaying her hips back and forth, whilst her arms rythmically altered sides and made a paddling-waving motion.

Did words need to be said? Was it worth interrupting the spirit of his charming song?

No... To Tae, the aura was all they need to know...

She could put her burning suspicion over the android into a mental pocket for a pace, if it meant respecting that.

Mazu Beach: Kōun, Resurgence, and Yukika II Crews

"The soldier who mistook you for your mother is the one who rescued the Captain." Yukika Futaba, using her physical body to leave the ship, or, rather, leave herself, appeared, seemingly instantly out of nowhere, and spoke suddenly from behind Tae and the others, as was one of her more unnerving habits. "And," she squeezed Tae's shoulder reassuringly as she floated without her bare feet touching the sand, "This is the Captain's home. We are practically in her courtyard. Do not worry for her, at least, not here. And you're talking about someone with the highest level of manufacturer authorization to any KAIMON unit. However, I must leave you and have a word with my own family, after a fashion. Please excuse me."

The Yukika II's MEGAMI avatar's bathing suit was unknown underneath the airy, yukata-style beach coverup bearing a sunflower print in the colors of the Koukotsu system's flag. It was short enough to show leg, but long enough it still obscured entirely what was beneath even when she hovered and skimmed the surface out towards the Kaiyō II's crew were playing in the water. A spray of salt water behind her as her big toes barely broke the water's surface like tiny hydrofoils, Futaba wandered away from Tae just as Tae had wandered away from Callie and the rest, but at a significantly higher velocity.

"Ah, yes, you're Belmont-Chūsa, you're Sayako's captain, right? She's told me so m—" Tachiko was interrupted by the sudden, high-speed, aerial departure of her ship's MEGAMI's avatar, and her head snapped to the side to track the fast-moving shape out of trained reflex.

Tachiko watched Futaba go, blinking, and then pried herself away from Sayako's machine grasp. "Haa—" Tachiko looked down at the robot with a frown, then up at Yue with a resigned, almost pained smile. After straightening her bathing suit against any possible wardrobe malfunction from the rough treatment, she saw Cherry as she was resuming approaching the rest of her crew after Sayako's interruption. However, upon recognizing her rescuer, she bounded with gravity assist over to Cherry and bowed deeply. "Hontōni arigatō gozaimashita.... truly, thank you for everything you have done for me." After holding it for a few deep seconds, she looked up. "I haven't even seen you since then! Shortly after New Year's 42! How have you been?"

The burly steward leading the squad of burly valets bowed his head to Aliset. "It's an honorific that's more appropriate for a business situation than 'sama' but more formal and reverent than 'san'. You are in our care and we are here to serve, Kōun-dono."

Mazu Beach: Breakers

«Onee-sama, ganbatte-yo!» Yukika Futaba wirelessly cheered Boss on. The "subtle" security detail that was "subtly" maintaining the sanctity Kaiyō group's space against curious encroachment, recognizing Futaba for what and who she was by her broadcast signal, allowed the swiftly-approaching MEGAMI avatar through without incident. She settled in next to whoever seemed to be cheering for Boss and Aiko, to join them, audibly this time. And, somewhat awkwardly, without further introduction.

Mazu Beach Plaza: Kára Kurogane

"Daddy!" Kára happily cried out, almost like the child her Nekovalkyrja self never was, when Klaus approached. Turning from hugging her sister and speaking to Calandri and Zelphon, she went to throw her strong 33A arms around her father next.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back