• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Kikyo Interchangeable Compatible Kit Standards, KICKS

Kai

Retired Staff
I've spoken of this on Discord before, and have started a bit of an article about it, so I figured I'd make an OOC thread for discussing this. The Kikyo Interchangeable Compatible Kit Standards, or KICKS. A set of mostly vaguely defined (though sometimes specifically described) set of 'standards' and compatibility guidelines which Corporations or government entities can decide to follow, or not. Essentially this would amount to a stamp on a page about a component, weapon, or vehicle that states it is compliant with whatever relevant standards it might need to follow, therefore allowing the IC usage of parts from one thing on another, regardless of who made the things. we don't have to get super detailed, but I want it to be an article that we can use to justify the substitution of parts from one company to another, or to allow people's designs to see more use by being compatible with more things. Also, in certain cases, it can act as a set of guidelines that can help people design things that perform similar tasks to be more compatible with each other, like say standardizing the size of 'Mini-Missiles' or ensuring that everyone uses the same connectors for plugging in their computers.

The Article can be found here: Kikyo Interchangeable Compatible Kit Standards on Star Army Space Roleplay

Please feel free to make suggestions about additions we can make, or edit your company in the section three if you want them to become a member of KICKS.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back