• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Kioshi Inoue

Canis

Inactive Member
This is a first draft, i've more than likely got some things wrong. The skills section was pretty much a copy and paste job for some of them, i'd seen other approved ones done like that so i'm assuming it's ok.

Name: Kioshi Inoue

General Information

Species: Yamatain
Family / Creators:

Employer:
Current Assignment: None

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'1"
Weight: 91lbs

Build and Skin Colour: A slim build for someone his size. Pale cream skin.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Greyish Blue Eyes. Thin eyebrows.
Hair Colour and Style: Dark brown hair that is currently grown out to a short-medium length center parting (3 inches when combed straight), but plans to grow it out to a full pony tail.

Distinguishing Features:

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Kioshi is unusually closed off, not to mean that he avoids talking to people, he just finds intimate emotional relationships to be very uncomfortable, a side effect of this mentality is that he will only communicate telepathically when it is required. Aside from this intimicy issue Kioshi is a very passive person, although this grants him a near unlimited amount of patience with other people, it also makes him a very easy person to bully and humiliate.

Likes: Electronic Gadgets, Staring Into Space, Small Spaces, The Quiet
Dislikes: Loud Noises, Being Singled Out, Hot Drinks
Goals: To serve the space army

History

After having reached a suitable stage of maturation, Kioshi entered into the Star Army's engineer training programme, which consisted mostly of digital information uploads. Once the training programme was complete Kioshi was temporarily placed as a low level engineer to provide him with practical experience before assigning him to a ship.

Skills

Engineering: In order to facilitate his duties as a technician, Kioshi received extensive training in the Engineering. He is capable of designing and constructing tools and components.

Maintenance and Repair: In order to facilitate his duties as a technician, Kioshi received extensive training in the maintenance and repair of Star Army shuttles, power armors, and starships. He is adequately proficient at doing maintenance and repair work on any ship model as a part of a team, and at repairing a shuttle or a power armor with the proper tools. Kioshi is also somewhat proficient with the maintenance and repair of Star Army ground vehicles.

Communication: Kioshi is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. He is fluent in English and Japanese. He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc. Kioshi is also capable of telepathic communication.

Technology Operation: Kioshi is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics: Kioshi received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

Vehicles: Kioshi is trained in and adequately proficient at operating all models of Star Army shuttles currently in service, as well as most other small airborne or space-based vehicles, such as hover-bikes, small airplanes, etc. He is also somewhat capable of operating tanks, cars, trucks, and other ground-based vehicles.

Fighting: Kioshi received hand-to-hand combat and ranged combat training. He is skilled and experienced in combat, both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, energy rifles, grenades, knives, and power armor.

First off, welcome to the Star Army. Glad to see that you're interested in this community. :D It's always nice to see a new face.

That said:
The only major area that needs extreme attention is the race portion of the character. As of yet, I don't think there are any male Nekos that have been Player Characters (PC's), and I'm sure you'd have to have special permission from Wes to do so. Although, the way you've described Kioshi, it seems that he'd be better suited as a Yamataian anyway.

Nekos tend to be more aggressive and strong willed (though there have been exceptions) but all of them have been women. Yamataians however, are almost the same as a Neko, minus the combat specifications, which your character doesn't seem to need.

Other than that, I think your character is good. He may be a bit plain in my opinion, but as you said, he's your first draft.

Anyone want to provide further insight?

He'd be made by KZ, not PNUgen, but that's easily changed.

I'd be okay with an NH-29 that had a penis.

...I'm not sure allowing male nekos should be a good idea. There's already the bodyguard Saito set as precedent, yes, but that's sort of an exception, right? I think the closest thing to what he'd want would be a male yamataian.

Add to that: personally, I don't want to see male nekos pop up unless there'd be a damned good solid reason for one to exist. It'd feel wrong to me.

I'm with Fred/Kotori on this one.

Also, check your spelling -- you spelled Kiyoshi "Kioshi" several times.

I too agree with this motion to not have a male Neko. What would be it's purpose anyway, other than to alienate the character from everyone else?

::Oh, and I think it's actually spelled "Kioshi", Jake. No "y".

just here to make a couple of quick comments

Firstly the name, I just googled japanese male names and picked it from the list, so i have no idea if the spelling is or isn't right. If you really think it's just a typo then i can change it

as for the male neko, i didnt actually think he'd be a first, so i'll change him to a yamatain (am i right in also assuming that i have to put together an actual history for him now

and yes he is scrawny.... and short.... but those two are entirely for my personal amusement (being an overweight person of above average height i compensate for hitting my head on low doorways by laughing at short people. Yes, that was a joke)

The change to Yamataian eliminates the only issue the bio had - so I'm happy to approve this submission. It's neat to see a Yamataian that was born Yamataian - most are transferred over from another species (upgrading Geshrin and retiring Nekovalkyrja, primarily).

For the record, Kioshi or Kiyoshi are both possible names. That's why I wasn't sure about the name; I went by the topic line.

Hey, wait, this guy is still a neko, not a yamataian? And what's this about being born a yamataian and being an adult yet???

ok the species has been changed, i've taken the age off until i figure it out.

Being born a yamatarian would mean that he is 2 at the most, while (from what i understand) he would be nearly fully grown, but still have a mental age of 2, however would the ability to learn via information downloads cause mental age to also be irrelevant?

and bugger, i screwed up the name in the title :/ It is meant to be Kioshi.... im going to go bang my head against a solid wall for a moment

Canis said:
Being born a yamatarian would mean that he is 2 at the most, while (from what i understand) he would be nearly fully grown, but still have a mental age of 2, however would the ability to learn via information downloads cause mental age to also be irrelevant?

The NH-22 models breed like the Geshrin NH-1 - 3 month gestation period, and is born a normal-looking baby. It might be a little more iffy than that, but that's what I've been led to understand.

As for information downloads, for the most part, I believe that in moderation they can be used in the way you're talking about, however such drastic things as you're proposing are probably not quite so...allowed.

ok, i'll have to change some of this stuff again

namely sorting the age out and correcting the history, i'll do it later tonight or some time tomorrow

depends how energetic im feeling

That said, odds are your character wasn't actually born a yamataian if you mean for him to be playable, but rather went the way that many other adult Yamataians obtained thier bodies and either was a Geshrin or a Nekovalkyrja whom soul transfered into the body itself.

Odds of a nekovalkyrja wanting a male body are rather remote, thus meaning your character would probably have been a geshrin male.

yeah that's what i was planning to go for

creating a transexual character might be a tad too weird to start off with. But if i stick around for later characters, who knows.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back