• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Kirie and Keiko Update + Weapon Update

Toshiro

Submission Type: Kirie and Keiko Thought Armors and Weapons
Submission URL:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:yamatai:ketsurui_fleet_yards:kirie_thought_armor
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:yamatai:ketsurui_fleet_yards:keiko_thought_armor
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:kage:project_thought:kirie_and_keiko_accessories
(and all links under the table in the accessories page)

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Original, Yes. Updates, No. @Wes
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes, in the context of existing articles being updated. All the weapons on the accessories page, specifically.
Contains New art? Yes-ish, one of the weapons has a blown up picture added made from existing art.
Previously Submitted? Yes in its original form, no in this updated one.

Notes: This is chiefly an update to bring the Kirie, Keiko, and all of its existing weapons to DRv3 and current speed standards, though there are a few amendments. Both the Kirie and Keiko have all of their formerly built-in armaments converted into modular ones, the former locations of the hard-wired wearpons are turned into hardpoints, and two additional hip hardpoints were added. I elaborate on the self destruct capabilities of the Kirie and Keiko at the very bottom of their articles, as well as the self destruct capabilities of the canisters of the W3303 Particle Gun. I removed one of the mini-missiles that is no longer valid outright from the Kirie and Keiko's mini missile launcher inventory as well. I also limited ranges to three seconds' worth where found.

I might add more stuff later in yet another submission, but that would likely be a 1C version. This 1B version will just get the article to current spec and improve versatility.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You linked Keiko twice instead of linking Kirie, am I right? If so, please change the OP.

The separate units are linked, it's just that they're sibling units and have a very similar structure. Unless I was ninja edited by staff to correct it, it looks right to me.

I'm not yet used to the DRv3 system, so if something seems off, please help me out in figuring out the proper Tier. This is essentially a super small Mecha whose size sticks it in the Armor scale, so that made it even harder for me to plot proper Tiers.

Edit: Corrected calculation error in Self Destruct options for the Particle Gun. Explosive radius halved. Error not present in Kirie and Keiko's own self destruct systems.

Last edited:
The SDMM works normally.

As in, when an SDMM hits a barrier, the barrier cannot be active.. That said, the barrier itself is not depleted; it just cannot be used. So, when moments later it comes back online, it`ll still be at the strength it was before it was disabled.

That's even worse than just making holes as the article states, if it disables the whole barrier. We don't even have a time limit or any of the pertinent information of its function in the article.

The way I go at it in my plot, the holes are if you're shooting subspace detonators of a smaller size than the target. A power Armor SDMM will knock out a PAs barrier, a SD-missile meant for a mecha (a fightercraft) will disable the barrier of a fightercraft or make a hole about that size in a larger barrier, etc...

Considering it's how I've used it for years, and I'm a heavy subspace-detonator user, I think it's fine.

Alright, I guess I'll re-add it, though I strongly recommend a re-evaluation to include these details...

Edit: I put it back. Also put the request for discussion of the matter here.

Edit 2: Added graphs for the Kirie and Keiko's self-detonation for Tier/Range relationship.

Edit 3: Added graphs for Particle Gun canister detonations.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back