• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Kirio Kazemaru

zephyrite

Inactive Member
Name: Kirio Kazemaru

General Information

Species: Yamataian

Family / Creators: Shin Kazemaru and Satsuki Kazemaru

Employer: none
Current Assignment: none

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 185
Measurements: average
Bra Size: N/A

Build and Skin Colour: Not too distinguishing build, although he is well built, with normal flesh colored skin.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Eyes: Grey Facial features: moderately handsome face, usually newly shaven.
Hair Colour and Style: Hair: Black, with randomly occuring single grey hairs Style: very messy.

Distinguishing Features: none really, other than when you are around Kirio, his personality seems to radiate an air of authority (even though he probably doesnt know what he's talking about).

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Always a fun guy to be around, Kirio is an energetic person, though never to the point of annoyance. Always part of the crowd, and even standing out, he is always having a good time. Kirio loves to perform, whether it be a speech or acting, especially if it makes people laugh. He loves to try new things, be it food or a new job. Despite being energetic, Kirio shows utter concnetration when the need arises. On the job, he shows a diligence that belies his fun-loving attitude. A great team member, he will bring new ideas into a conversation or help out his fellows whenever possible. Kirio is an avid collector of antiques, he loves to find a new artifact that he knows little about and then study it for hours on end. Kirio loves to fight and especially loves to blow things up. A free spirit, Kirio refuses to conform to peer pressure and otherwise tries to follow his own dreams.

Likes: Partying, having fun, helping people, fighting, explosives and explosions, books, antiques (espicially weapons)
Dislikes: depressing things, nay-sayers, people who critique him on his lifestyle
Goals: have fun and to keep kicking! And to make a good profit while he's at it.

History

Kirio was born outside Kyoto, as a geshrin. When he was 18, he went into the shipping business and started to ship packages from planet to planet. The pay wasnt great, but it got him on his way to becoming totally independent. A year and a half later, he decided to return to his home and work for his father's company. His job was demolitions and anything dealing with explosives. One day when he went into Kyoto, he heard about the massive amounts of people transferring into Yamataian bodies. He spent most of his savings (which wasn't much) on the new body and then set out for a new job. While working odd jobs, Kirio saw the anonymous advertisement about the ISC Osiris. He decided to sign up and see what it was all about.

Skills

Communications: Kirio is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets and starships. Kirio is fluent in English and can speak and write both correctly and efficiently.

Fighting: Kirio likes to fight, especially fistfights and using his antique weapons. He has self-training in old solid ammunition rifles and pistols, as well as blades of many kinds.

Construction: Kirio worked as a construction worker for a couple years and has the know-how on how to build things and knock them down.

Demolitions: Kirio has a love for things that go boom, from grenades to high explosives (even though he has never used either). He has had lots of experience in identifying, handling, using, and manufacturing explosives.

Entertainment: Kirio is an amazing storyteller and actor, he can entrance an audience with his skill.

Vehicles: Kirio is a good pilot, having been in the shipping business for a year and a half and can perform well in his duties. He is used to piloting medium sized craft and other vehicles such as construction vehicles.

Starship Operations: Kirio has had experience navigating and piloting starships. He is also great at getting from point A to point B in the safest way very quickly.

OOC Notes

Second Character, intended for the ISC Osiris
Hows it look?

We shall begin ... at the BEGINNING! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

1. Yamataian. Seriously. Watch the spelling.

2. No need for rank if he's a civvie.

3. Not too distinguishing build ... yet only a buck-seventy at 6'3". Better make him with a thinner build or bump the weight up.

4. ... do Yamataians and Geshrin even need to shave?

5. This air of authority ... where does it come from? I'd say it comes from the psychological characteristics, but honestly ... there's a lot in there. I think he's a little TOO detailed at this point, dude. I mean, I can't get a read on the character because he seems all over the place. Happy and energetic yet able to focus like that, enjoys acting and flirting yet shows off.

Liking antiques is cool. But you did the books thing with Galar; is it really necessary to have it again? It'd be cooler with just the antiques, I think.

6. The history ... I like what you're trying to do. But I don't think this is the best way to go about it.
  • The civilian sector/division/zone/whatever of Kyoto has nothing to do with Kyoto Base itself. So how he'd be able to watch the military do testing and get fucked up by it is beyond me, at least. The Passion GM might be able to help there. But, assuming you keep the goofed eye --
  • The blindness still makes no sense. Yamatai would be able to fix that kid's eye without much trouble -- Geshrin bodies are still android bodies, in essence, and the utopian society in Kyoto wouldn't allow a blinded person to walk amongst them, I'd think. However, assuming that still works --
  • He wouldn't get years of training. No way. Nevermind the Star Army would demand he get his eye fixed one way or another before entering basic. He should graduate from basic within a year, max. Hell, the U.S. Army's basic training program takes, what, months? Assume Yamatai's the same.
I think you should try for something else that caused the messed up eye. Maybe he lives in an outlying area instead of Kyoto, where receiving such top-grade healthcare isn't as common or what-have-you. And you'll need to address the training aspect. Perhaps he worked as a civilian contractor doing building construction and demolition for one of the colonies? That would let you keep the lonliness factor, if you want it.

You'll need to revise your skills too, based on either limited or no SAoY training.

7. Speaking of skills, I'd say they look pretty good. If he spent years doing the demolitions work, he'd know what he's seeing. He probably would not know about the better military hardware, though.

Piloting a vehicle and a starship are two different things. I think you mean ground vehicles and such, right?

I'd lessen the effectiveness of his piloting skill. He should probably specialize in demolitions and ground vehicles, while piloting starships is something he could do in a pinch, but not horribly well.

Overall, a good start to a second character. Your biggest hang-up is that history.

I'd say, thanks Jake, you pretty much gave me everything. some revising of the history and skills and bam. new character. now to get started.

and the first round of editing is complete. The history is completely redone, and all of the other issues have been worked out (I think).

With the injured eye - healthcare on Yamatai is free, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

Inventory
Normal Clothing
-2 white undershirts
-2 heavy outer shirts (one black, one tan)
-1 trenchcoat, ankle length (black)
-Pistol belt with holster and clip pouches
-Bandolier with pouches for radio and shells
-Back sheath for katana
-Side sheath for decoration katana
-Boots, construction style (tan)
-3 pairs of socks
Formal Clothing
-1 full suit (black, with white shirt and red tie)
-one pair of (semi) dress shoes
-1 unsharpened decoration katana, 30"
Weaponry
-1 Zen Armaments Liberator
-50 self made bullets
-One Trench Shotgun
-30 3" buckshot shells (self made)
-15 3" brenneke slugs (also self made)
-1 katana, 43"
-1 survival knife
Other Items
-A couple curios, mostly worthless
-self made manual on how to make and maintain the guns and their ammunition.

Money
3000ks Starting Money
2750ks (-250, one liberator and supplies

RPG-D RPGfix
Back