• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Kyoto] The Treats After the Tricks

Gabriel

🎖️ Game Master
The Sweet Spot
Kyoto, Yamatai
Halloween Night

The door to the Sweet Spot opened and in walked a very short girl with light brown hair tucked behind her ears. She was dressed up in a Ketsurui Samurai outfit and has a plastic katana at her hip.

"Thank you, that's so sweet," she said as she looked back out the door. Behind her, holding the door, was a slender man with short brown hair dressed up in a Nepleslian military costume. In one hand he carried a large plastic rifle that was big enough for a Mindy to use, and on the side was painted "Overcompensation."

"Anything for a lovely lady, Yaeko."

Vocal trance music was playing inside and there were many people inside the night club, many of them dancing in the middle of the room. The two entered and proceeded over to the bar on the far side of the room. Upon grabbing a seat, the male propped his elbows up on the bar, laying his head on his fist, and stared at the girl. She glanced sideways at him a couple of times, clearly weirded out by his behavior.

"What?" She asked, her tone similar to that of a popular girl talking to the nerd in the hallway.

"Nothing," he responded with a smile and a slight laugh. "It's just that... Oh, nevermind." The man turned his attention to the liquor selection in front of him.

The girl started smiling and shaking her head, "Ramiro, you are a weird one."

"And you love it," he responded quickly. As he said this he leaned backwards, stretching his back out. "Oh, here comes the bartender."

Over walked a burly man who looked to be in his his forties or fifties. In his hands was a glass that he was wiping down with a rag.

"What can I... Little Yaeko? Is that you!?"

"Hello Uncle Akahito! I was hoping that you would still be working here." Yaeko responded with a smile.

"Yeh, well there's no place else for meh to go, so what's an old feller like me to do. Besides, I whip up one hell of a drink and the owners here know it. So what can I get yer for?"

"Can I get a strawberry martini? A hint of extra vodka with..."

The bartender cut her off. "A hint of extra vodka with two strawberries on the glass instead of one. I remember." He began to chuckle. "And what about your male friend over here?" As he said this he looked over at Ramiro and winked.

"A glass of Lorath wine, if you have some."

"Of course we do!" The bartender chuckled. He wandered over to one side of the bar to begin pouring the drinks.

"Uncle Akahito?" Ramiro inquired curiously.

"Well he's not my real uncle, that's just what I started calling him. I've known him since I was little."

"Just how often did you come here?" Ramiro said, playfully trying to imply that Yaeko was an alcoholic.

"Valencia-Juni!" Yaeko playfully slapped him. "It was nothing like that. He's a family friend. Although I did frequent this club quite often in my days of equivalent secondary school."

"And I suppose you brought all of your dates here."

"Oh not this one!" Exclaimed the bartender as he approached again with the drinks. "This little princess only game with her girlfriends. I don't think I ever saw her bring a guy around."

"Never?" Ramiro asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow.

"Well..." The bartender began to trail off. "Maybe once or twice, can't blame a guy for playing wingman though."

"No, I guess not." Ramiro replied with a chuckle, taking the wine and sipping it.

"You should feel special," Yaeko stated, taking her drink and immediately pulling the strawberries off the glass to eat them. "I didn't date very much in equivalent secondary school. I preferred to spend time with my friends."

Ramiro raised an eyebrow. "Now what do you mean, equivalent secondary school?"

"I was home schooled."

"And you still had friends," Ramiro said with a chuckle.

"Oh shut up! I knew the girls because they still lived near my, and actually envied that I didn't have to go to school. I was quite popular at that age."

"Oh I'm sure you were." Ramiro continued to chuckle and grin.

"Well what about you? I bet you were just the life of the town!" Yaeko's voice was clearly sarcastic and had a hint of annoyance in it.

"I ran away from home when I was eleven." Ramiro sighed as he said this and began to stare at his drink.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Yaeko looked at the boy next to her curiously. Poor boy, he's definitely a damaged one. "My family was rich so I never experienced anything like that."

"Heh," Ramiro chuckled slightly. "My family was far from. We lived in the middle of effing nowhere, my father was a drunk, my mother didn't care what my dad did. I was supposed to be a good soldier, a good Nepleslian soldier. Just some god damned infantry, my father wouldn't have me flying ships, said it was a job for sissies. Of course he used harsher language than that thought."

Picking his head up, Ramiro looked down the bar. "Uncle Akahito! Hit me with something stronger!"

This "date" was beginning to go south fast, and Yaeko could see it. She wasn't sure how to take this. It was clear that this boy had a lot of baggage, but she felt that there was a lot more to him. Putting up a smile, she decided to give him a chance.

"Two of your strongest rums!" Yaeko called out. She then looked over Ramiro and it was her turn to grin.

"You sure a little girl like you can handle that much alcohol?"

"Hey, I'm not little, I'm fun sized. And besides, your family may have been Nepleslian, but mine was Geshrin."

"Oh, fun sized is it?" Ramiro responded with a devilish smile. "Let's just see how much fun we can get out of you."

Yaeko responded with a playful flare. "Hey, mind out of the gutter. I'm saving until marriage."

"And I lived in the woods for seven years and never went to high school or University!"

Yaeko began laughing. "What a miserable life. We need to get you nice and liquored up, then maybe you can replace those bad memories with some good ones. And look at the bright side. Your dad would be proud at the Nepleslian Marine that you've become!" Yaeko laughed at she pointed to Ramiro's Nepleslian costume.

Ramiro burst out laughing, and laughed for so long that tears began to form at the corners of his eyes. "You know, I never thought of that when I put this costume together."

40 Minutes Later
Ramiro and Yaeko now has several empty glasses on the bar in front of them, and most of them had been some powerful drinks. The two of them had just gotten done sending a volumetric video to Secondhand Salvage for the Halloween Giveaway.

"What did you get?" Ramiro asked as he looked down at his comm.

"Shot glasses, alcohol, small electronics," she stated as she read from a list on her own comm. "Ooh! I got a shuttle!"

"What!? Boo! You whore!" Ramiro exclaimed. "All I got were some broken electronics, some books, a ton of metal, and a door. Although I did get a crate of ammunition."

"You got a door?" She responded, clearly drunk enough that she either hadn't noticed or hadn't cared about his whore remark. "Funny, I got a hatch... and a crate of fish"

He wasn't sure why, but when he heard this Ramiro burst out laughing. Yaeko quickly joined in with his laughter.

"Come dance with me, Shoi," Ramiro said teasingly.

"You make it sounds like a bad thing," Yaeko giggled as she followed him to the dance floor. She then began teasing him back. "I'm your superior, my work is more important than yours."

"Yeah?" Ramiro responded wittily, "Well they pay me more to do it!"

"Alright then," she said slyly, "I guess that means you're paying the tab."

A slower song began playing and Ramiro didn't even give Yaeko a chance to pull away as he grabbed her by the hip and pulled her in.

"You know, I can't remember the last time I slow danced with a guy," Yaeko said softly.

"I can," Ramiro responded, his gaze growing distant again.

"You've danced with a guy?"

It was Ramiro's turn to playfully hit Yaeko. "You know what I meant! It was shore leave on Hanako's world. It was actually right after I was assigned to the ship, I hadn't even been on a mission."

"Sounds lovely," Yaeko responded jealously. "So what happened between you two?"

"The war happened," Ramiro responded. His dancing had slowed to the point that it was almost non existent. It was clear that he was deep in though, thinking back on his early days in the Star Army.

"The war started three and a half years ago!" Yaeko exclaimed. "You're not that old."

"You're right," Ramiro responded as he furled his brow. "I'm not that old, but I am old enough to have been enlisted when the war started."

"Exactly how old are you then?" Yaeko leaned back and looked at him curiously

"I'm only 21, but my birthday is in a month, and my enlistment is up five days after that. It was only my second mission for the assault on Nataria."

"Wait a second," Yaeko said as she took a step back. She brought her hand to her forehead as if she was thinking really hard. It probably would have been easier on her without so much alcohol.

Finally getting her words straight, she spoke. "You were at Nataria, I've heard stories about the mental trauma that some of those soldiers faced. Friendlies turning on each other, so few got away from the alive, and the ones who did weren't ever the same."

"Yeah, but I wasn't there when it broke out. My ship was on a search and rescue when Hanako ordered us to Nataria."

"Hanako!? You didn't tell me the you served under Ketsurui-Shosho. She's a legend!"

Ramiro scratched the back of his head, feeling slightly guilty. "I didn't mention that I was on the Eucharis? Sorry, I thought I did."

Yaeko began shaking her head at him, but a smile quickly returned to her face.

"I think we're both getting a little too tired and little too drunk." She stated bluntly.

Ramiro held out his hand, which she grabbed onto as he led them out of the bar. Stopping by the door, he pulled out his comm and wirelessly paid off the tab before exiting the bar.

The two stood in the middle of the street and looked at each other for a little bit. Yaeko began to bite her lip and dig her toe into the ground, clearly waiting for something.

"Well, I hope you have a pleasant evening," Ramiro said with a smile.

"Aren't you going to kiss me goodnight?" Yaeko inquired. As she said this she took a large step closer to him and look up into his eyes.

Ramiro grinned and leaned forward, puckering up. But at the last moment, he swooped to the side and kissed her on the cheek. He then took a step back.

"A gentleman doesn't kiss on the first date," Ramiro said with a grin. He then turned, pulling his jacket on tighter, and disappeared down the nearest alley.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back