• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Asamoya [Kyoto]Visiting someone special

Tyler

Inactive Member
ON> Kyoto, Chiharu Temple

After a couple hours of poking around Kyoto with little Kanako sitting on his shoulder, Saito would eventually straighten out his meandering path and headed straight for the temple. Someone he'd wanted to see for a long time now was there and nobody would stand in his way. Despite the slightly odd looks he was still getting from the people he passed by due to the blatant showing of the Ketsurui emblem on the back of his haori in gold. Understandable considering that dynasty was over and a new one settled into power, but it didn't hamper the samurai's spirit as he approached it. "There it is. I hope she's in." he mused, the little neko on his shoulder standing up and steadying herself by holding ontoh is hair looked around.

Michiko was tending to the back of the shrine in her usual duties. Despite what the general public had started feeling about the Ketsurui Clan- they stilll didn't have the hearts to completely abandon Chiharu. They just had decided to visit the temple more discreetly.

Entering the so-called sacred grounds, Saito looked around feeling a distinct feeling of peace floating around the entire area. It seemed like it was a good place for someone as sensitive as Michiko to be. But he knew she could probably sense the two new arrivals, one calm state and another, somewhat bubbly, curious one. "This place is really big!" Kanako squealed happily as her dark blue eyes darted around inquisitively. Saito chuckled a bit at that and glanced to her. "Because it's a temple sweetie." he said and approached the shrine, looking around. "Michi-chan?" he called out tentatively.

Michiko looked up from her broom and smiled. "I'm inside. Who's with you, Saito-sempai?" She set the broom aside and walked towards the front, lightly wiping off her hands on her pants.

Saito smiled at her, glad to see her as she approached. Little Kanako giggling a bit as she looked over at her. "This is Kanako, my little daughter." He smiled to her as the little youngling floated over, her medium length metallic orange hair swishing as she did. "Hi there!" she giggled and floated over and hugged Michi in greeting.

"Why... hello Kanako-chan." Michiko watched the litle youngling curiously and gently returned the hug. "Daughter? Who's her mother?"

Kanako giggled and looked up at her. "Aki-ka-sama is!" she chirped and squirmed a bit. Saito couldn't help but laugh a little at that and clarified. "I set a hemosynth pod to combine my dna with a randomly selected crewmate on the Asamoya and it came up as one of the ship's sprites." he said. "Her name is Aki." He said.

Michiko continued to smile. "It's a pretty name. Are all the sprites on the Asamoya named for the seasons? And what sparked the interest in having a little one- as cute as Kanako-chan is?"

"Well I think they are, there's...Aki, Shii, Fuyu, Kyuuka and Haru." Saito chuckled a bit and couldn't help but smile again. "Well I've been seeing what feels like everyone around me having children and families and I felt kind of lonely I suppose you could say." he said. "Yuriko-chan recently had twins and adopted another child. I admit I was a little jealous." The silver maned neko said. "So I'd asked her if I could have a youngling in that fashion since I can't produce them on my own cuz I'm male."

Kanako giggled and smiled up at Michiko. "You're cute too Ms Michi!" she said.

"I guess it seems a little lonely sometimes but just be careful if she's deploying with you, Saito-sempai. Entire familes are easily lost that way on missions....even if we are supposed to be in a time of peace," Michiko smiled down at Kanako again. "Thank you, Kanako-chan."

Saito nodded to her. "Well because I'm a civilian, I believe she is too." he said. "And when we get deployed again, she's going to stay with Yuriko's children including the little one born at the same time she was." Saito said. Kanako, to Michi's sixth sense would seem to be bubbling with a suppressed joy at meeting someone as nice as she was. "So how've you been here since the last time I was able to contact you?" he asked.

"I've been doing all right. People are still deeply troubled but I know that they still have some hope for a positive change. The situation on Halna has people conflicted- some feel that you have to flex your muscles to establish dominance while others still think it was was rather cruel." She smiled despite her own concerns, she was glad to feel the overflow of the youngling's emotions but she was conflicted with her own more balanced ones.

"Well what's done is done unfortunately." Saito said. "Maybe they over-reacted, but I've met a few freespacers in my wanderings and they're alright, but they are anarchists in the way they value freedom." He said, Kanako blinked, hearing what was said and just tilted her head, her little ears twitching as she did. "Sometime's new governments suffer that problem, hopefully things will improve, it's probably a huge relief now that the mishhu are gone...except for Bob." He chuckled. Kanako perked up and giggled. "That big Mishhu loves peaches. it's so funny."

"Bob?" Michiko inquired. "You keep a pet Mishhu? Isn't that rather dangerous?

"The poor guy's been lobotomized by other mishhu. The Asamoya's NIWS recognizes him as harmless, he works as a janitor on the ship." Saito said. "He's actually pretty nice and surprisingly considerate. You should've heard him when we recovered a missing Ender, he was yelling over the radio that he wanted to clean it up." Saito chuckled softly.

Michiko seemed to consider this and shrugged. "If what I've heard on the news about Mishhu is true... then the fact that they have the capacity for kindness shouldn't really be that surprising. It's kinda like it shouldn't be surprising that we have a large capacity for cruelty. We just choose a different path for ourselves."

"Well everyone makes that choice for themselves, to be kind or cruel." Kanako said suddenly, sounding rather intelligent as she did. "I wish everyone were as nice as you are though" she said and hugged Michiko again, in a little girly way. "Things have been...interesting lately with us, running into a strange ship we couldn't damage at all, even with our aether shock cannons." Saito said. "But that's not important now, how have people been treating you now that the Ketsurui aren't in power anymore?"

"Confused. They don't know how to really act around me. I am still here for mom but for the most part... the Ketsuruis are all gone now. I think I'm the only one left here. I have the option to join them but this is where I've made my home and I don't feel that leaving will change things."

Saito nodded at that, so it was true, all the other Ketsurui departed with Uesu afterall. "Ah well, it's also a chance for you to branch out a little more." He said. "Perhaps Koharu-san will come see you while we're here. She's been transfered off the ship to pilot a desk, but I think she might show up to say hi." He offered her a smile and reached out and gently stroked Michi's hair. "But I think it's a good thing you're still here, you can show everyone here that teh Ketsurui aren't all warmongers." he said, making Kanako giggle. "Yeah! To-san's right!" she chimed in, trying to help her feel better.

Michiko smiled gently. "I think Koharu will come back when she's ready but not any time soon. I'm a Ketsurui but I'm just... no one of great importance. If something changes that I can help with, I will, just not right now."

Saito blinked at that as Kanako floated back over to him. "Not one of great importance?" he asked quietly and went over to her and gave her his own hug in a kind of big brother way. "Michi, you're important to me. Because of you, I learned that I could really care about someone past a professional level" he said to her softly.

Michiko returned Saito's hug and replied softly, "I'm not Yui or Chiharu, I have some very big shoes to fill one day. It's a little daunting to live in the shadow of your parents and your siblings."

He held her close to comfort her. "I know, but you can make the choice not to live in their shadows. And you can surpass them by doing just what you're going." he said, Kanako giggled lightly. "Yeah making people feel better about life is important too." the orange haired youngling giggled.

"I'll have to see what happens, times are a little rough right now to be trying to make bigger strides than I already am," Michiko replied. "I must be keeping you guys from something. I still have more duties to perform today before I can take some time away."

"Aw I'm sorry to have interrupted." Saito said and nodded to her. "I just wanted to see you again." he said and released her gently. "Perhaps later on we can go and do something together later?"

“Absolutely, I look forward to it," Michiko replied with a grin and a polite bow. "I'll see you later then. Have fun in the city!"

Saito bowed back to her and smiled, Kanako floating up and down in a bouncy way. "It was nice to meet you!" she said.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back