• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Laz Public Network [Leak]: Strange Behavior?

OsakanOne

Retired Member
The following fragment is taken from a classified document produced by the LSDF, September of this year.

Code:
In March YE33, a manned-type AMX-102 parked in-base (lacking the ARIA-command core of an unmanned type) started its engines autonously and left the broading posture to stand upright, which according to software logs it did for fourty minutes before technicians intervened and pulled the plug.

--

Theoretically, this should have been impossible (locking-clasps had been placed over its body for transport - which it ripped through -  and both the power transmission lines and plasmic induction lines had been closed - and its intakes plugged).

--

Technicians concluded that a software bug was responsible for the event and failed to pinpoint or resolve the problem, since it did not present again.

--

"After the whole self-starting thing, most of us are fairly weary of the frame and watched it pretty closely, though there was no repeat behavior. I didn't see anyone board it and assumed it was some routine test" an unnamed squadron commander testified to an investigative board.

--

"Right now, I still think something is still wrong but further testing has yielded no conclusive results. We've disassembled the unit for further testing, however and it is no longer in service"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back