• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Notably Possible News "Leaked Footage Shows Marines Hilariously Mishandling New Weapon System"

In a shocking turn of events, leaked footage has surfaced of two SMDIoN Marines playfully messing around with a highly advanced weapons system, much to the chagrin of their superiors.

In the video, Pfc.Eucales Bridgemont (21), and Pfc.John "John" Longsten are seen in a NAM testing facility earlier this year in which the two were, at the time, posted as just two of a sizeable contingent of on-site SMDIoN personnel often used to test, critique, and work the bugs out of burgeoning NAM equipment from the perspective of combat-tested military personnel that only they can accurately determine the overall worth to their fellow servicemen.

Eucales and Bridgemont, both marine gunners, are seen at the start of the video handling a large, underslung-carried weapons system painted a flat matte-orange in testing colors as for several minutes the two jog, stretch, take various positions, and even are seen throwing the weapons with considerable vigor to test its durability.

While not strange or uncommon to see such footage leaked what was later anonymously sent to various media outlets, takes place after the normal presentation ends and shows the two Marines giggling as they point and shoot the weapons down range while making loud and audible satirical remarks that allude to several size-based innuendos including one remark from Eucales to Bridgemont admonishing him for "Crossing streams".

Continued footage includes the two spinning around in rapid circles until disoriented and trying to hit a target, imitating playing the guitar with the large weapon in place of the actual instrument, attempting to 'ricochetted' live rounds off of the ground into distant targets with varying degrees of clearly rehearsed success, and both marines taking turns wielding both weapons by their straps and attempting to hit a thrown target while jumping off of an obstacle.

According to sources close to the situation, the weapon system in question is not top secret but a new heavy support weapon called the 'Jackhammer' awaiting final testing to be issued to marine units this year and offers powerful stopping power and anti-armor/vehicle capabilities to nonpowered armored marines in the field compared to lighter suppressant equipment made to suppress or kill through the volume of fire. The lack of professional use and safety standards by these two Marines is not only a breach of protocol but also a possible security risk that is currently pending investigation by members of the SAW corps wardens who have yet to make a statement.

The star military has released a statement saying that the individuals in the video are currently under their own conducted investigation and that they are taking the situation very seriously. They emphasized that this kind of behavior is not representative of the Marines as a whole and that they are working to ensure that something like this never happens again.

When asked if referring to the leaked footage or the misconduct of the two marines a Colonel leading the investigation simply responded "Yes."

However, many people are not taking the situation so seriously. In fact, many are finding the video to be hilarious and a lighthearted and uplifting reminder of the true nature of many marines blowing off steam, with some even calling for the Marines to be awarded for their sense of humor.

One anonymous individual stated, "I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to mess around with high-tech weapon if given the opportunity? These guys are just like the rest of us, they're just in the military."

Another, seemingly active military comment posted "How long until I get one of those? My SPAID is great but ZAMN that thing looks like it packs a PUNCH!"

"So does nobody even remember the PMOPE?"
Stated even another active-duty marine who opted to remain anonymous.

The future of these two Marines is uncertain, but one thing is for sure: their playful misadventure does little to chip away at the effective record of the SMDIoN and its marines, navy, central corps, and other active personnel and their steadfast commitment to meeting threats to the Democratic Imperium and the Kikyo Sector at large.

- Mitch "Eight-Pack" Humidor, NPS Independent journalist.

(Like what you see? Free-thinking journalism isnt cheap! For just 5-DA a month, you can continue to fund unbiased and accurate news as soon as it breaks before even the mainstream outlets air. Donating more than 5-DA will get to bonus perks such as behind-the-scenes footage, unaired interviews, acess to my newsletter, leaked photos and videos from my cheating tramp of an ex-wife who left me for that hack writer Jeremy Whittacker, custom Humidor-harem stickers to show your commitment to brand journalism, and having your name or monicor listed in the credits of each video (Premium tier only))

Up next:

[Legends of the Past: Remembering Rungo Bungo.]<<<<<>>>>>[Delsaurian-scale hygiene for the modern age: Toothpaste over Bristle?]

RPG-D RPGfix
Back