• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Kohana Let the games, BEGIN!

AoK

Inactive Member
Lenwe looked out from where he stood, on a break in the stone steps leading up to his greatest achievement. Taking a deep breath, he addressed the few who had gathered for the occasion.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I thank you for taking the time to come out here today. And I am sure that by the end of the festivities, you will be glad that you were in attendance, for today marks the first day of the rest of your lives. For today, with a meager pledge of a few gold coins, I can offer you the chance at unfathomable wealth. For you see, today is the day that I open the gates to the Grand Colosseum, venue for great sporting events, theatre, and scholorly debates...But mostly the fights." He grinned mischieviously, leaning towards the crowd slightly as if drawing them in for a secret.

Those gathered, and all of the tribes had at least a few members in attendance, laughed at the good natured joke, but quickly fell silent as the elf continued.

"That's right, if you think you have what it takes to take part in the great challenges, by all means come to the Colosseum and try your luck. With just a few wins, you could be walking away with enough gold and jewels to never want for anything in life, or you could risk it all, and go for a villa in the mountains, advanced weaponry from our brothers serving in the heavens. Perhaps you younger lads would like to try your hand for the chance to prove to that special someone that you have the virility needed to support a family?"

With that Lenwe pointed to a teenaged wolf and lioness couple, the male blushing deeply and dropping his paws to his side, away from where he had been holding the femme's paw.

"Yeah, that's right loverboy, I saw that." Lenwe teased, only getting whoops and whistles from some of those around the awkward couple.

"So Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Children of all ages, I welcome you to......THE GRAND COLOSSEUM!" The ashen skinned humanoid announced, slashing down with a katana brandished seemingly from thin air, and severing a deep violet ribbon that had gone from the base of a large To'Yaree statue on one side of the walkway, to the base of a Kee'Awloo monk seemingly reading from a book on the other side.

As the ribbon fluttered to the ground, and the cheers of the people rose to the heavens, Lenwe couldn't help but smile with wicked greed. Very soon he would have the money to continue with the rest of his plan. Turning on his heel, he faced his two bodyguards, a muscular jackal and a lithe leopardess. Both nodded to him, as he walked by, and then fell in step.

"Come, my associates, for we have much to do before the money can begin rolling in." The elf murmured over his shoulder as they climbed the white marble steps of the great arena.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back