• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Lines of succession and CO-FMs

For CO-FM

• Acewing13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Legix

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Gallant

• HAMnJam

• Zack

• Arieg

• CadetNewb

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this should be a competition between Arieg, Gallant, and CadetNewb. 8 Years, 11 Years, and another 8 Years of experience in collective is going to outmatch anything the lot of us can do.

I would say Zack, but I have heard far more bad things about Zack and FMing ((Or not, depending on who you talk too)) and Nepleslia. Not to mention he is already the FM of 188604 and cannot take the FM position of Nepleslia. This is regarding the Co-FM who is to take over the FM positions. People with major factions shouldn't be considered. As for who is best, CadetNewb as I voted, and Gallant. I know both of them have MASSIVE plans that will change the face of NEpleslia as a whole and spur on plenty of roleplay. Like, they are playing around at the federal level.

Problem with a Vote is that at the end of the day it has nothing to do with if the decision makes sense, and more to do with who is the most popular. I don't see how anyone but Arieg, Gallant, and CadetNewb are even an option. If none of them want it, then totally put it u to a vote for Legix, Ace, and Ham, but give the three hard Vets a chance to say yes or no first.
Just speaking personally, I think the reason they're not the only option is exactly because experience and seniority with a faction doesn't mean one has the best intent or ability to help it. I'm not sure how Gallant is any different than myself (while he has been with the faction, we are both designing antagonists to put against Nepleslia as well as arcs that will develop further challenges) beyond that gap. And honestly, the reason it's not just them is the same reason that people would nominate anyone but them.

Because it doesn't matter how long you sit there, wishing you could get something. You earn it. Your post is just bellyaching because the popular vote happens to be one you don't agree with. If it were to be a thread where people were asked to explain their votes, I'm sure most of the voters would and it'd be clear it isn't just about popularity. It should be noted that two of those three nominated themselves... and that's just stupid. Nominating yourself implies you'd do it for personal reasons. If anything, I'd instantly disqualify those two based on the fact alone.

But if we want to express our problems with the nominees and its meant to be such, I'll gladly explain my vote and voice my concerns with everyone on the poll (including myself). This poll is also about getting someone who will PRESERVE Nepleslia, not change it the second Gunhand might leave/vanish. Anyone who is looking to cause massive change without it being clear and well-cut might as well have no interest in preserving what makes Nepleslia grand.

Edit: And I do apologize if my filter seems off, but seeing someone yet again declare that someone has to be a long-standing member to have any influence/position of power with a faction that honestly was on ice until I stirred it up with the 309th plot is pretty much just annoying. Up until I started really pushing that, Sledge Mama was really the only other plot that existed... and then after I dredged up Nepleslian pride, people came out of the woodwork. Seems odd that I'm not a valid choice despite helping the faction recover in a matter of weeks. Heck, or HAM who also helped. Or heck... wait, everyone on that list HAS done things :O

Change doesn't imply lack of Preservation, it implies change. Everything changes and everything will constantly change. Also, your idea on my opinion with the popular vote? I wouldn't agree with a popular vote anyway. You could be in dead last and I still wouldn't agree with a popular vote. It's like prom king and queen in high school. The three people I suggested be asked before popular vote is because they would know what should be preserved and what is sticking around for the sake of your "Preservation". The vote is forced, though, so I'll make my opinion known.

Given every time anyone criticises you in chat you lose your shit and go on a tirade makes me personally think you should be the last person on the block, regardless of if you are running a plot or not. What would happen if someone criticises you on a decision you make regarding Nepleslia? Lose your shit? I've seen it happen a million times already and I don't think a fancy banner under your name would change that anytime soon. Whenever anyone pokes holes in your idea you lash out and attack them. I would take Ace or HamnJam before that. If you want my honest opinion as to why I would be against you as a Co-FM. Every time someone says anything negative to you, regardless of context or an idea of why they are saying it you take it as a personal attack on yourself and that makes me not think you are a good option. Of course, that's only a single opinion.

Say what you want about me in this thread, but it doesn't matter. My name isn't up as an option and as someone who plays in and with Nepleslia, not to mention being jammed between them and 3 other factions, I can take an interest in who is up there and I can voice my concerns. You wanna hear my concerns about everyone else? Tally ho!

Arieg: He really likes tech... Like REALLY likes tech. He's awesome at it let me tell you, and I envy his DoGA models. I barely see him participate in the forum other then that though. Nothing really wrong but I see Arieg co-fmship as "The Era of Awesome DoGA Models and Tech Articles" which is awesome don't get me wrong but I would like to see more of his forumside story stuff before I really throw my hat in his ring, thus I have no opinion on his story ability because I haven't seen it.

CadetNewb: Every time I have a question about Nepleslia and how Nepleslia would do something or react to something I ask CadetNewb and he is always spot on with the answer. Literally always. By far the best choice hands down. The only problem is that lately he has been very busy with helping with the preparations of the Kluvexian war and building the Ottyo, but that isn't exactly a solid platform on criticism because building a faction takes a lot of time to do. One it's built and stable he will be freed up. If it becomes an official faction, then that would be the only serious thing against him, as he would be the FM of another faction but even then he can still Co-FM. That only becomes an issue if Gunhand vanishes.

Gallant: The patience of a damned saint. He also constantly looks at the bigger picture. He looks at all these plots and thinks about how they could all fit together. The amount of tangents he has gone into on call with me, or just sent me through chat is insane and he is definitely there to bring on an awesome story. He is also, very busy. He makes time, though, and is dedicated to the idea of keeping Nepleslia as Nepleslia. Christ Sake as far as I am aware Lucas Pavone is his creation, and that guy is Nepleslia Superman! #2 option to me.

Acewing: Acewings a good guy, he has a lot of idea's and his race is looking real good on that forefront. He's a bit of a people pleaser, though. Ace and I are fairly good friends, I co-gm Interregnum with him, he's got ideas but no offence to him I don't think he would be a good fit.

HamnJam: He likes to help people out. Honestly, I feel the same way about him as I do Acewing.

The big difference to my opinion on you Legix, is that I have never once seen any other person on this list get openly belligerent and mocking on the chat after being criticised. I have never seen any of them get angry when people poke holes in their ideas.

The reason I think Arieg, CadetNewb, and Gallant should be the first people chosen, and if none of them accept the position then the three of you get a crack should be made very clear by my answers. I've only been around the site for a year, and I've only just started talking to them and already know more about them and their qualifications to Co-FM Nepleslia, then people I have been RPing with, chatting with, and generally associating with, and helping with Nepleslia based plots since I started. And honestly, despite the Negatives I have for you, I still can only think of 309th as a reason you would be qualified, and that puts you in the same bracket as Acewing and HamnJam. All of you have done things for Nepleslia on the small scale.. I could care less if you got commissions for Nepleslian Uniforms. Money shouldn't talk in this regard. Also, being the one to start up a plot in Nepleslia isn't exactly a qualifier either. Interregnum became an idea in august, and you started 309th in October. The only fault on Acewings in that level is that he didn't know how to get the interest for Interregnum. So I also don't consider that as a qualifier.

Again, say what you want about me Legix, it really doesn't matter. Honestly, the Vets have earned their right to the position far more than you ham and ace, and I'm 100% confident they would agree with me.

Personally, I don't want someone who gets angry at the slightest criticism. I hope other people agree.

Okay here's my two cents since it looks like this discussion is devolving into a full out argument.

Also FIRST OF ALL, I did NOT "nominate" myself because I want power or anything, I VOLUNTEERED to help Gunhand. I could care less if I am Co-FM. So if you think that is a disqualifying factor, at least think about it from my perspective before you just throw in the hat that this is some power grab attempt or that I am some benevolent Co-FM on the rise.

But anyway, My two cents about this is that we need someone to preserve and add. We need someone to take the aging pages we have on the wiki and change them into something that works. I tried to start a Nepleslian plot, while tedious and hard, I was able to make something out of it. Now the one thing I notice about the Nepleslian wiki pages is that they sometimes to not seem to be updated as much as, say Yamatai. I understand that this isn't the flagship faction of the site, and that's fine, but some of these things need to be looked at.

There also need to be added, while I know a lot of the players do a lot of the additions, there are some people in that list at the top of the page that know what they are doing when it comes to tech. We need good articles, we need upgrades to the aging tech articles that already exist, we need a Co-FM that knows what the priorities are for this faction, and that is why I believe the veteran options are the best. They have been around for a long time, they know the history by experience. Nepleslia isn't going to change under them, it would develop.

In conclusion to this, if the votes cast their way to the winds or against it, as long as there is an unbiased, level road for us to stand on, I could care less on who has the title. If there is this much at stake for it, take a look at it for a second and consider things from other people's perspectives. The Veterans, the New Bloods, and the people in between.

That Is All.

Change doesn't imply lack of Preservation, it implies change. Everything changes and everything will constantly change. Also, your idea on my opinion with the popular vote? I wouldn't agree with a popular vote anyway. You could be in dead last and I still wouldn't agree with a popular vote. It's like prom king and queen in high school. The three people I suggested be asked before popular vote is because they would know what should be preserved and what is sticking around for the sake of your "Preservation". The vote is forced, though, so I'll make my opinion known.

Given every time anyone criticises you in chat you lose your shit and go on a tirade makes me personally think you should be the last person on the block, regardless of if you are running a plot or not. What would happen if someone criticises you on a decision you make regarding Nepleslia? Lose your shit? I've seen it happen a million times already and I don't think a fancy banner under your name would change that anytime soon. Whenever anyone pokes holes in your idea you lash out and attack them. I would take Ace or HamnJam before that. If you want my honest opinion as to why I would be against you as a Co-FM. Every time someone says anything negative to you, regardless of context or an idea of why they are saying it you take it as a personal attack on yourself and that makes me not think you are a good option. Of course, that's only a single opinion.

Say what you want about me in this thread, but it doesn't matter. My name isn't up as an option and as someone who plays in and with Nepleslia, not to mention being jammed between them and 3 other factions, I can take an interest in who is up there and I can voice my concerns. You wanna hear my concerns about everyone else? Tally ho!

Arieg: He really likes tech... Like REALLY likes tech. He's awesome at it let me tell you, and I envy his DoGA models. I barely see him participate in the forum other then that though. Nothing really wrong but I see Arieg co-fmship as "The Era of Awesome DoGA Models and Tech Articles" which is awesome don't get me wrong but I would like to see more of his forumside story stuff before I really throw my hat in his ring, thus I have no opinion on his story ability because I haven't seen it.

CadetNewb: Every time I have a question about Nepleslia and how Nepleslia would do something or react to something I ask CadetNewb and he is always spot on with the answer. Literally always. By far the best choice hands down. The only problem is that lately he has been very busy with helping with the preparations of the Kluvexian war and building the Ottyo, but that isn't exactly a solid platform on criticism because building a faction takes a lot of time to do. One it's built and stable he will be freed up. If it becomes an official faction, then that would be the only serious thing against him, as he would be the FM of another faction but even then he can still Co-FM. That only becomes an issue if Gunhand vanishes.

Gallant: The patience of a damned saint. He also constantly looks at the bigger picture. He looks at all these plots and thinks about how they could all fit together. The amount of tangents he has gone into on call with me, or just sent me through chat is insane and he is definitely there to bring on an awesome story. He is also, very busy. He makes time, though, and is dedicated to the idea of keeping Nepleslia as Nepleslia. Christ Sake as far as I am aware Lucas Pavone is his creation, and that guy is Nepleslia Superman! #2 option to me.

Acewing: Acewings a good guy, he has a lot of idea's and his race is looking real good on that forefront. He's a bit of a people pleaser, though. Ace and I are fairly good friends, I co-gm Interregnum with him, he's got ideas but no offence to him I don't think he would be a good fit.

HamnJam: He likes to help people out. Honestly, I feel the same way about him as I do Acewing.

The big difference to my opinion on you Legix, is that I have never once seen any other person on this list get openly belligerent and mocking on the chat after being criticised. I have never seen any of them get angry when people poke holes in their ideas.

The reason I think Arieg, CadetNewb, and Gallant should be the first people chosen, and if none of them accept the position then the three of you get a crack should be made very clear by my answers. I've only been around the site for a year, and I've only just started talking to them and already know more about them and their qualifications to Co-FM Nepleslia, then people I have been RPing with, chatting with, and generally associating with, and helping with Nepleslia based plots since I started. And honestly, despite the Negatives I have for you, I still can only think of 309th as a reason you would be qualified, and that puts you in the same bracket as Acewing and HamnJam. All of you have done things for Nepleslia on the small scale.. I could care less if you got commissions for Nepleslian Uniforms. Money shouldn't talk in this regard. Also, being the one to start up a plot in Nepleslia isn't exactly a qualifier either. Interregnum became an idea in august, and you started 309th in October. The only fault on Acewings in that level is that he didn't know how to get the interest for Interregnum. So I also don't consider that as a qualifier.

Again, say what you want about me Legix, it really doesn't matter. Honestly, the Vets have earned their right to the position far more than you ham and ace, and I'm 100% confident they would agree with me.

Personally, I don't want someone who gets angry at the slightest criticism. I hope other people agree.
This giant spiel is exactly why I get angry. It's not "the slightest provocation", it's the fact that you genuinely assume I flip off the handle for slights, yet you and a small group continue this constant bitching anytime someone you don't like is in position to win a vote. And even if it were to lose me the vote, I'm fine calling you out on it right here and now because you're simply trying to slander me while literally proving zero concerns you have for others. So please, let me fix your assessments of these people briefly and in the most truthful manner.

Cadet: Cadet has run Origin and added basically nothing. That's his current track record and it's why I'd openly oppose him. He hasn't proven with Origin that he can be an FM, why would it change with Nepleslia? You quote "oh, well he's been busy"... so has he been busy for months, possibly years? Because if that's the case, it'd explain the basically zero input he's put in for the other faction he was for. Cadet personality wise is cool and I try to get along with him, but defending him as this "oh-so-great Co-FM" option is just being blatantly ignorant.

Arieg: Honestly, I've seen him post things... once or twice a month. It's only been about in the last two or so weeks that I've seen him around often. Liking tech doesn't mean much if he's not around to bolster it. You also say that he has to be a Co-FM to produce models? Why? Isn't he supposed to love the faction? Last I checked, he was making things simply because he wanted to... why would it change just because of the title? It seems like you really don't understand much beyond the quality of his work and it should be noticed that Arieg has been working on equally slow moving material as Cadet.

Gallant: Gallant, I'm sorry bro, but no. You said he's looking for intercept points... with... all Nepleslian plots? Sorry, I've not heard a word from him and haven't seen that remotely. This seems like, again, you being biased and promoting him because he's helped YOU, while I've not. Gallant is cool, but I don't see any of this "Nepleslian Superman". Honestly, the description you give for Cadet is far more of a "Superman" than Gallant comes off as.

And you will be my final point: Your only interest with this, again, is to slander me. You provided zero concerns for the others that were genuine or weren't played off. On top of that, you try to paint this picture as if I flip out on a whim. I don't. In fact, I build up to it and it's generally triggered by you and that small group of three (four, if you count a special recent case). And it's always because you perform the exact same sort of shit. My temperamental status wouldn't fucking change how I handle my work, because unlike some people here I can separate what I do from emotion and bias. In every instance that my ideas have been shot down, I've almost immediately moved on or worked with others to make it happen (barring a single instance with PA, as you might recall as the only time you actually provided a strong argument). And honestly, there is a very specific instance with Arieg and Cadet that has me worried exactly about what would happen if either of them achieved the status of Co-FM, much less full FM.

So if you want to target me, Edto, realize this: I don't care if someone has been on the site for 8 years. They have to earn it. And I'm sure most of the people who voted for me realized that the other choices hadn't. Those voting for Cadet are doing so because they know what he can do... and then there's you.

You're voting to be spiteful. You slandering me and me alone in your giant spiel is the proof of it. The FMs and Admins have made a mistake of tolerating you and that sickening and rather pathetic tone you carry, but I simply won't. I've already put up with enough stupidity on SARP to say that my tolerance for it is at an all-time zero. Gunhand made this about voting and, lo and behold, you came and made it into a "oh, well the vote is just popularity!". Because you're that pathetic. And I'll call you out on it every single day if needed... but you're simply not going to get away with it anymore. You and your caustic god-lizards don't scare me, especially when you're so willing to make your bias carry your opinion rather than face the facts.

PS: Maybe next time, you should realize that the people who voted for me recognize that I'll say it how it is and flip-off on a few people. Because flipping out on some of you is honestly going to be necessary to prevent the degradation of the Nepleslian name that you've been carrying out in both indirect and direct actions.
ai.imgur.com_izcOK4m.gif
PSS: You're cool HAM, just had to say it because it does apply to the other candidates that did so. But the unbiased road can't exist if you have someone who openly shows their biased in the thread. This was a shame the instant Edto posted their original post, because at that point all the votes for the Edto-friend posse came in. And hopefully Gunhand sees how much of a gongshow it's going to be either way the vote goes. Not to mention the fact that most of the voters aren't even involved with Nepleslia these days. So... yeh. Let's just keep making Nepleslia great again with the 309th while this lizard spits more venom. Because I'm all out of mics to drop.​

As for my two cents, the only reason I offered to be co-FM to Gunhand is because I know he's going through school right now and is busy, so sometimes isn't available. Personally, I'm not too comfortable with the responsibility, so I'm happy to cede the floor to anyone else. I do think that current Nepleslian GMs should be the first to pick out of anyone else and while I don't have experience working with Legix, I agree with Edto's other characterizations of the candidates. I do think that Legix not knowing that Gallant is a long time member of the site and running a very active plot is interesting though. Veterans have earned their candidacy because they've seen how the faction has evolved and have ideas for going forward and both Cadet and Gallant have a Nepleslian track record that is the longest out of the candidates.

Also, Edto's interest in the faction is that he has characters in half the plots, so he's not just here to slander you, Legix. You're being full of it, stuck in your own bubble and just lashing out at other people. Commissioning uniforms does not qualify you for being FM. Neither does dismissing other people's concerns as nonsense. What else do you have to offer except the fact that you think we're all out to get you? This isn't the behavior that I want to see out of a Nepleslian FM.

As for my two cents, the only reason I offered to be co-FM to Gunhand is because I know he's going through school right now and is busy, so sometimes isn't available. Personally, I'm not too comfortable with the responsibility, so I'm happy to cede the floor to anyone else. I do think that current Nepleslian GMs should be the first to pick out of anyone else and while I don't have experience working with Legix, I agree with Edto's other characterizations of the candidates. I do think that Legix not knowing that Gallant is a long time member of the site and running a very active plot is interesting though. Veterans have earned their candidacy because they've seen how the faction has evolved and have ideas for going forward and both Cadet and Gallant have a Nepleslian track record that is the longest out of the candidates.

Also, Edto's interest in the faction is that he has characters in half the plots, so he's not just here to slander you, Legix. You're being full of it, stuck in your own bubble and just lashing out at other people. Commissioning uniforms does not qualify you for being FM. Neither does dismissing other people's concerns as nonsense. What else do you have to offer except the fact that you think we're all out to get you? This isn't the behavior that I want to see out of a Nepleslian FM.
I'm calling him out because his interest isn't for the faction. It's for himself. Also: Fairly certain I acknowledged more than once that I knew Gallant was a long-standing member (go back and read what was in those brackets, where I said he had been with the faction for a long time).

If Edto had come in and simply said that he was in favor of Cadet, it'd have been fine. Instead, he came in and threw flak at half the candidates because we hadn't been here. And very quickly, he exposed that it was due to his personal bias. And I'm well aware commissioning uniforms doesn't qualify me. Being a GM myself, doing various wiki articles (see New Bernese, which was made under guidance and advice from the current FM), and then of course being the one that keeps trying to lead these updates we need (as HAM has said) while digging into articles that were basically approved (do you know of the Pontifex?).

Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that you came in thinking the way you did. Since I almost never shut the hell up about the things I'm doing. It's almost like... you... are in a small bubble. But I figure being unable to read might be part of that.

ENOUGH

I have had about all I can take with this. I had the best of intentions with this. I wanted to know who can help me best. Who would be able to continue this great faction if I left. You know what I come back to after sleeping for a few hours? A GOD DAMN SHIT SHOW.

So you know what? I choose no one. I have done fine on my own and I will continue to do so with the volunteers who have been helping me.

So consider this tread Null and Void. The vote no longer counts. When this dosent boil down to a passing match and everyone can respect the other persons vote, maybe I will try this again MAYBE. But right now what is fueling this thread is hate and spite and I have had enough.

As a 12-year veteran of this site, I say Guns is a very lucky FM.

He has a bevy of smart, creative, driven people who want to do their bit and help. While the names in the list bring different ideas and viewpoints, each cares.

That is the most important part.

My vote is public, but let the record show that I'd pick just about anyone from that solid list as a co-FM.

It's worth remembering that not only are we a loose-knit cabal of writers, techs, gamers and so on -- we are a community. Many times, we're family.

Families fight, goodness knows. But we also care about each other, despite it all. Blood -- SARP, in this case -- unites and binds us.

Please consider that point when you next find passionate words about to leap from your fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back