Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Looking for things to draw!

I've been itching for more practice sketching, so I tried picking out random articles in the 'Approved Additions to SARP' forum. Unfortunately the majority of them lack detailed visual descriptions or aren't very interesting to draw.

So, if anyone has any characters, ships, armor, or anything remotely interesting to draw, let me know along with a detailed description, or not-so-detailed if you want me to wing it. But the whole point of this thread is for art practice and highly detailed descriptions make commissions harder, so detail is a big plus.

No promises on if I actually get around to drawing stuff or not, but hey, they're free commissions. Don't complain, you cheap wankers! XD Oh, and those of you that are wondering what my art looks like, check StarChan.

Ahem. Do to the number of commission pieces I have stacked up over my head between SA, friends, and other commissions, I'm offiically accepting no more. However, you can still post ideas on here that I'll probably get around to doing sometime this year, but don't expect anything quick.

Half-complete character design for FM's character: Arisa Marina. I know the clothing is weird, but FM wanted more a fantasy-theme on her clothing than sci-fi or modern fare. So I took some inspirations from the Celts and the Indians, and a big pile o' pictures + music FM sent me. Marina is supposed to represent the ocean, so I thought a more nomadic look would be appropriate. Hope FM isn't mad. >.<

Edit: https://stararmy.com/starchan/character_ ... 067407.jpg

Yay. Le fin. Used mixed coloring schemes here: Regular coloring (dodge, burn, blur) on the bottom, to get the loose clothing feeling. Soft cell shading and gradients on the top, along with a touch of blur.

1168021413227.jpg

Without lineart. It actually doesn't look too bad.

1168021439277.jpg

I did use smudge and blur. I'm just really, really bad at it. Still, only my third major photoshop piece, so I think it's pretty good all things considered.

Update. With Abwerhan Commander completely missing for half a week, my RP is effectively frozen, since both my characters are currently talking to his characters (or were, before he went AWOL). On the plus side, I've had plenty of time to write up and drawing up doodah for the Deoradh. I'm really picky when it comes to that sort of thing, making sure all my submissions have at least one piece of good CGed art before I submit it. While it makes my progress somewhat slow, all the practice has really given me a huge boost in my art quality. Anyways, here's what I've been up to the last while:

Very cool. I especially like the multi-limbed robot.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back