Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Looking for Yamataian Game Master(s)

I was under the impression that most of the Yui-class ships were used as kamikazes in the Battle of Yamatai. And the Irim-class has been phased out of service.

It also occurred to me to check: Raz, are you set on using the NMX as the enemy? The plan is that most of them will be cleared out by YE 35. We can still have holdouts, though.

Thanks for the input, Fred and Wes.

Generally, I just want a setting that'll be fun and evocative. HX-13 would be very gritty and sweaty — like storytelling in the Vietnam War. But with aliens and catgirls. And I can see Yuukan as being a cool multi-setting campaign in the vein of the Starship Troopers cgi cartoon.

Ultimately, I suggested these two because of their opportunities being wasted. I've wasted opportunities in the past as a fleet manager back before I went on hiatus, particularly with Tami and Tatiana, which sat "claimed" by me for months after I left. Now that I'm back, I thought I'd propose to be part of the solution by actually running something instead of saying I'm going to.

Wes said:
It also occurred to me to check: Raz, are you set on using the NMX as the enemy? The plan is that most of them will be cleared out by YE 35. We can still have holdouts, though.

Yes, I was intending to use the NMX because I was under the impression that we wanted this war finished. And they currently exist on these two planets which haven't been used in RP. Though I did intend to use non-NMX foes, as well as have non-NMX as a major enemy if the plot survived the war's end.

12th Legion Plot Update:

As per tonight's discussion:

- Plot on HX-13
- Raz GMs for 12th Legion and/or 1st Legion soldiers
- Sigma controls 12th SF Naval forces and has a representative attached to the ground forces
- Dropships and APS
- Hot sweaty jungle warfare action

RPG-D RPGfix
Back