• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Lorath Lor: The Heleshio Problem

Vesper

Inactive Member
>> ON

The door slowly opened to Destiny's room, no sound emitted as the large piece of wood slid back effortlessly. Destiny took care not to move the door to quickly, since she didn't want to awaken the still asleep Faith. With a small smile, Destiny peered back at the girl once more, before she finally shut the door. Destiny was dressed in a simple white robe, somewhat snug to her body, that had a golden lining that ran to her arms, and wrapped around her cuffs. The did the same at her collar, which was somewhat tight to her neck, and just below her chin. The robe flowed down to her feet, a light wisp of sound the only thing heard as she strode from her room, positive her brother would follow. Her hair was out of it's normal braid, which allowed the long fine hair glide down her body.

Velor scowled slightly when he did not receive a greeting from his sister. Even though he felt some what insulted, he knew her to be some what rude at times when she first awakens from her sleep. After giving his sister a moment to walk ahead, Velor opened his eyes from his meditative state and stood up from the couch that he sat upon and went about walking with his sister, while staying behind her somewhat to let her lead the way. "Good morning sister. Did you sleep well?"

Destiny gave nothing more then a simple nod to her brother. She was on a schedule this morning, and had to get used to her life at the palace again. From her little...'Vacation.', she has gotten a little dull in her duties. With her return to the palace, she had to return to her normal day-to-day routine, which started with a hour of Meditation in the garden of souls. She could see the doors to the room now, two large chestnut wood doors, with golden gilding along the edges of the door, and on the handles. "Will you be meditations with myself today brother?"

After following his sister for a short while he realized where they were headed. Velor stepped up his pace a little and walked beside his sister after figuring out where her morning routine was taking her. When they arrived at the doors and his sister inquired of his company Velor put a moment's thought into a response. "Hmm... Of course sister, I do need to focus my mind more so. I have been needing to focus on a task that is at hand after all."

Destiny nodded slightly, and smiled. As she stared at the doors for a moment, she pushed them open. Since she wore no shoes, she simply seemed to glide into the room. To wear shoes within the garden of souls was more or less a insult to the ancestors. The garden was a beautiful site to behold. The floor was covered in a pure white colored sand, like the color of a innocent soul. All around where Destiny walked, there were beautiful flowers and bushes, all of which seemed to circle up and grow over a wall. A small path led in between a small breech in the wall, which led up onto a raised part of sand. In the middle of the raised mound of sand, was a small pool. The water was a sparkling crystal clear color, which allowed you to see into the water, and to the fish that swam in the small pool. Within the center of the pool, a pedestal was raised up to allow a single figurine to rest upon the top of the pedestal. The figurine was of a faceless woman with a pair of wings. There was a sword strapped to her back, on which a bird rested. It was a figurine of the goddess of the race. As Destiny finally laid eyes upon the figure, which was bathed in light from the shaft in the building that allowed sunlight into the room, she sat and crossed her legs, her robe situated so as not to disturb her, before she slowly withdrew into herself and let herself relax.

Before entering the room, Velor made sure to remove the slippers that he wore upon his feet while walking about the palace. When Velor stepped into the room, he felt quite humble due to the room being centralized around the female goddess of their people. After his sister was seated Velor stood beside the pool of water with his hands clasped in front of himself. While standing before the statue of the Goddess, Velor entered into a silent prayer, feeling that he was not worthy of being near his sister while she gave her dues to their Goddess. "I shall visit the God's chamber upon a later time... For now I will keep my sister company."

-------

It was a hour later that Destiny's eyes finally re-opened. With a small sigh, she rolled her shoulder and stood before she made her way to leave the room. Again, she was sure that her brother would follow, and sent him a message. "Have Truth meet us in a conference room...We need to talk of the slaves, and I wish to here his ideas and concerns to a idea of mine." Destiny made no more to go back to her room to change, and instead made her way to her a conference room. The room was rather simple as she entered, not as large and grand as any other room, but a bit on the smaller side, with a nice coffee table in the middle of four smaller love seats. Destiny made her way to the closer of the two, and quickly reclined back in the seat with a small sigh.

Velor of course followed behind his sister. After being told to send a message to Truth to summon him in regards to slaves, Velor quirked his brow as he regretfully telepathically voiced his opinion of disagreement to his sister. "Sister, I believe we require Notan's presence for such a meeting. But he is currently on a hunt for the alien and the slave."

"When I require his presence, and wish his opinion, then I will send for him. For now, I want Truth. If you bring everyone together at once, they all seem to take the first good idea to come to mind, which destroys the creative process, and hinders any truly good ideas which could be brought forth. In bringing in one at a time, we allow them to express how they truly feel, and allow them to fully think out ideas. Do you understand?"[/i] Destiny placed a forearm on her forehead, as she looked over at her brother with a questioned look.

Velor sighed as he channeled a message through the palace communications system. "Esajt, The Xiaah requests your presence as soon as possible. It is in regards to the slave population. Please gather the proper data."

Esajt had been sitting at what passed for his "officialâ€

[[
Some Definitions of terms used:

COSI: Cabinet of Science and Technology

Undeniably the largest cabinet within the Ocheestan Connate Government (OCG), both in terms of persons employed, power, and importance, COSI oversees the fields of scientific research and technological development. Technically, due to the constitution of the OCG, it only has jurisdiction over Ocheestan scientists and engineers but in practice it has a tremendous amount of influence over all aspects of R&D occurring on the planet.

Kappa 3: Security classification at the upper end of the general classification of "Top Secret". This is reserved for items that could have severe detrimental impacts on the government if released. Disclosing any information on a item, project, or matter with a Kappa3 security classification is considered amongst the most serious of capital offenses. Agents charged with resolving a case involving such a breach have access to a vast amount of resources in the pursuance of there duties. Further, erasure of persons involved in the breach is a course of action (with higher-level authorization) open to the agents involved in resolving such a case.

Citadel: The slang name given to the seat of the OCG, specifically to the large pyramid-shaped structure that makes up the heart of the surface portion of the city. The Citadel is located slightly below the equator of Lor in a temperate region of the surface and in the middle of the planets largest freshwater seas. Really a expansion from the underground city of Kaalla, the Citadel and its underground progenitor make up one of the largest cities on the planet and has done so for dozens of centuries.

Starting as a small outposts on the surface in the time before the Loraths' recapture of the surface world, the Citadel (located almost directly above Kaalla) has only been in existence for 46 years but throughout that time its gigantic form (with its peak soaring nearly a kilometer and a half into the sky) has served as a monument to the bright future of the Lorath people. Citadel houses some 13 million permanent residents and Kaalla boasts a further 27 million.
]]

RPG-D RPGfix
Back