• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Lorath [Lorath] Living Life On A Wing

DocTomoe

Introduction
This thread will be utilized for non-esential day-to-day Lorath activities. Such as a group of Lorath dining, or Lorath household interaction... Small things which really have no prominent importance, but deserve to be posted none the less.

Nyli III Settlement - A Lmanel Suburb - Sunset

Dusk was falling upon the Nyli III settlement where the Lorath had made their home, and with dusk, came supper. Lorath individuals each had their own preferences for meals... some purchased their meats, some hunted them, others utilized technology to create their food for them. Each of these choices, also brought about the dining preferences associated with it.

In a Lmanel suburb, the scent of burning sweet smelling wood soaked the air, and the smells of meat came along with it. Hundreds of cooking fires roared, and some of these fires served more than just individual families. One of these fires, a large one at that, was used by a Lmanel dining establishment... a restaurant which specialized in cooking the meat which the customers brought in themselves. It was quite an unusual practice in the Yamatai Empire, but for the Lorath, it is a tradition which spans back centuries.

Animal skin clad Lorath, and some Lorath even wearing the uniform of the LSDF sat in the wood and brick constructed restarunt, enjoying the bar and grill style atmosphere, and enjoying the opportunity to socialize with their fellow Lorath.

The time of supper for the Lmanel is a time where family and social bonds are forged, and this remains true even outside of the home.

A large, wide-shouldered, strong, yet kind looking Lmanel ducked through the doorway of the building, a woman's arm around his own. Slung on his shoulder was the carcass of some sort of massive animal, this carcass was soon presented to a member of the cooking staff, which quickly took it to the back of the restaurant, where it would be prepared for the couple. "My dear, wish to sit at the bar?" He asked the woman in tow as he shrugged off the blood soaked animal skin from his shoulder he used to carry the animal. He tossed the discarded skin into a collection pile which would be later taken to a tannery elsewhere.

"Mmmm the bar would be nice. I hate being in space for so long and I really need a drink..." The woman beside him shivered a little and pressed up against her lover, her nose flaring open as she inhaled the scent of the blood.

The male of the pair grinned widely as he placed a kiss on his mate's cheek. "You and I think perfectly alike. We need good strong drinks, nothing gets you back on the ground like falling over and planting your ass end on it." With that, the broad-shouldered Lmanel guided his mate to the well-stocked bar where a few other Lmanel were seated. When seated, the male eyed the LSDF uniform clad Lmanel which was seated beside himself. "Hey friend, you look pretty beat up." He commented off handedly as he guided his mate into the seat beside himself.

His mate couldn't seem to get enough of him, her nose constantly sniffing and smelling him. The scent of blood did do a bit for her after all....

Well, after a little while in an LSDF hospital Mauro was in good condition, but damn if his wings still didn't hurt. Problem was, the transport wasn't gonna be ready until tomorrow and the doctor told him to go out, so here he was, clutching a rifle in one hand and a hunk of meat in the other, keeping his head down and hoping he didn't meet anyone he knew. "Crates don't make very good starships."

"Nothing makes a good starship dear, they all suck." The woman said with a small laugh. Her voice was somewhat husky.

The male Lmanel grinned widely as his mate spoke, then laughed. "She is absolutely right, we've got quite a tall and large ship... and we still can't stomach the trip out of atmosphere." The male said through his laugh as he turned to his mate and gave her a soft nuzzle.

"You get used to it after a while. Easier than stomaching lizard meat." Mauro put his rifle aside, and his kill on the table. If nothing else he was good at killing things. "Got anything to drink, by any chance?"

"Just what we had in mind ourselves..." The male then turned to the pudgy Lmanel behind the bar. "Barkeep! Melon liquor! Three pourings!" He called out, and the bar tending Lmanel simply nodded as he ducked under the bar and went about producing three massive mugs, and soon after placing them on the counter he filled each with a reddish pink liquor which smelled sickeningly sweet, yet musky. "We shall drink tonight, to space, and the wretched consequences of it. May the Goddess forgive our trespassing."

"May the Goddess forgive our trespassing, and the God allow us the knowledge to learn of our mistakes." The woman added onto her lover's supplication.

"It's not space's fault that its ambassadors happen to be a bunch of monkeys and cats," Mauro briefly objected before he quickly sipped the liquor - he got the sense he was gonna need it. Not everyone enjoyed technological progress, after all - but tradition was a large part of the Lorath culture, one difficult to deny. The flavor of the melon drink made the blond pilot wince, but he relented - it would be rude to refuse, after all.

"Wretched things indeed, you're a credit to your uniform." The male clasped Mauro on the arm and nodded to him. He then turned to his mate and nuzzled her as he spoke. "What do you think of those 'monkeys and cats'?" He asked as he looked into her eyes longingly.

"Oh, the monkeys can be all right. I mean, some of them help us with tech and space travel and such. I suppose some of the cats are decent enough too...but when they screw up, they screw up big." Coughing, Mauro looked at his meat and wondered whether he should even bother. It was a native Nyli III creature and he wasn't sure if it would even be edible. "We've lost...I don't know how many scientists thanks to that mousy princess, although I suppose it was in the cards anyway."

"I've seen a few tasty looking kitties I wouldn't mind taking bites of.
Though some look a lil to tough for my delicate teeth." She quipped before taking a small playful bite of her mate's arm, not enough to break the skin.

"My friend, you're someone I just may want to keep in touch with... what is your name anyway? I'll keep an ear out for it if you ever need a salvage ship to get you out of trouble." The male of the pair asked before he looked to his mate. "Mmm, I would not mind taking a few bites into you..." With that, he nipped at his mate's ear lightly.

"Soul Savior," Mauro commented, not really feeling like telling more to these overeager lovebirds. Looking to the side he tried to keep a bit of a straight face, quite honestly embarrassed. I mean, they hadn't even eaten yet and they were already into the biting! At least wait for the food!

"Not the name for the cats, the name your elders gave you." The male snapped, but obviously not in a hostile way, it was sort of a savage curiosity.

Meanwhile, the double doors to the far end of the eatery opened, and a scantly clad Helashio girl staggered about while trying to carry two large platters, each platter held one half of a lightly cooked animal which was clearly split into two.

"Mauro," he admitted grudgingly, sniffing at the meat. Not his favorite sort, but it would do quite nicely to at least fill him up better than the food at the med complex. And to tell the truth, it had been a long time since he went dining out.

Unfortunately for Mauro, unlike the drink which was quickly offered... a kill was a different story. The Helashio girl set down the platters before the two Lmanel which took part in slaying the animal which was apparently some sort of wild boar which was native to the planet.

After the meal was set down, and only then, the male removed his hand from his mate's rear and was distracted from his romantic flirting. "Mauro, I'll remember that name... for now though, I'll have to cut the conversation short. Sorry for being such a gab... but I like to fit in as much talk as I can when I first sit down at these places. There is not much room for conversation after." With that, the male's grin became much more toothy.

The male's massive hands gained much larger claws, and the toothy grin became far more fierce as he then turned to the meat, sniffed it throughly, then looked to his mate, nodding to her. "They did well, we feast." He said quickly before he drove his clawed hand into the greasy cooked flesh of the carcass, ripping it open to expose it's lightly cooked innards. As soon as the gaping gash was formed, he began to rip at it with his teeth.

His mate shivered a little with a purr, growling softly as she tugged at his ear before she tore into her meal. She was little more hungry then her mate and was never really one for conversation anyways

The male Lmanel tore at the flesh, and only paused for a moment to slap one of the still-bloody organs of the swine onto his mate's plate, he knew she enjoyed eating the kidneys and urinary tracts of most of their mammal kills.

Maybe it was just because Mauro was spending too much time among the other castes, or maybe it was because even they were being a bit overzealous about their meal, or maybe it was because he still needed a gun to make his kills - but he felt very, very awkward right about now, and quickly looked at his meat, considering taking some of it raw before thinking better of it and calling over one of the Helashio to get it cooked, waving his wings in annoyance. Was he the weirdo?

Judging by the way the other Lmanel in the room were acting, it was hard to judge how well Mauro fit in. Some of the Lmanel in the room were behaving much like the pair beside Mauro, others were actually eating delicately, selectively, and some were down-right picky in their meals... really, it was hard to be considered 'weird', in a caste of such diversity.

Maybe he just chose the wrong table; which wouldn't be the first time Mauro got into trouble at a restaurant...or the tenth, even. Idly he sipped on his drink...the sickening sweetness just killed him. How could any liquor be this sweet? It was like it was a syrup made of sugar, mixed in melted sugar, and then left to mix with melting sugar ice cubes.

The male Lmanel on the other hand did not seem to mind the drink at all, he loved it in fact. He washed down the meat in his every bite with a drink sickeningly sweet and harsh drink.

"Ah, I have an appointment," Mauro quickly said, a hasty excuse to get out of there as he picked up his rifle, leaving his kill behind. He couldn't handle these weirdos anymore, not with how he drank down the shitliquor. At least it gave him a bit of a buzz.

As Mauro left, the male of the Lmanel couple just gave an idle wave with a bloody hand before he dug in once more... supper, a time of bonding, but most of all, it was a time to feed the body more than the soul, it was always good to remember that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back