• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Lorath Personal Vehicle Technology.

DocTomoe

Lorath Personal Vehicle Technology.

Designer: Lorath Psionics House.

Information: Due to the expanse of the Lorath civilization upon the planet Lor, personal ground vehicles were deemed a practical invention. Electrical power was chosen for these vehicles due to the pollution reduction efforts that have been ordered by the Lorath government.

Technical Information: Conventional electrical motors are used to provide motion to these vehicles when used in normal operation. Power for the motors is generated by several means, in some cases two or more of these methods are used at once. The power supplies for the battery power include bacterial power cells, regenerative braking, flywheels, hydrogen power cells, battery packs, and chemical combustion in high performance vehicles.

Custom Bacterial Cells: Special bacterial power cells have been constructed for the use in vehicles, these power cells include a larger inlet for materials to be fed to the bacterial colony. The units also include a containment and injection system to put additional material into the digestion section at the user's convenience, thus allowing improved power output. Output from the bacterial cells can also be stored in battery units for later use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorath Electric Vehicle Components.

Designer: Lorath Automotive.

Introduction: Components to the Lorath vehicles.

Technical information: The Lorath vehicles are often powered by a set of three bacterial charge packs that produce a steady and computer regulated stream of electricity to three different battery packs, Two of the battery packs are of a NaNiCl type, placed in the front and rear of the vehicle and used to provide power to the motors that would move the vehicle. The NaNiCl battery packs are encased in an air conditioned compartment to prevent over heats. One of the battery packs is a Li-Polymer type battery, used to provide power for internal vehicle displays and devices connected to the vehicle's power.

The motion of the Lorath vehicles is accomplished by the use of four electrical motors, these motors are designed to have an output at "cruising speedâ€

This is hardly a discription of anything. Much, much, more infromation is needed.

The background infromation also sounds a bit dumb and implies that they got the idea from somewhere else.

Its more of a statement of "Hey, they got electric driven vehicles" I am going to be intigrating the technology into vehicle designs once it is approved that the Lorath have the means to make electricaly driven vehicles. The only peice of non-realworld tech mentioned in this is the "Bacterial Power Cell" technology.

As for the background information, its simply a statement that electrical vehicles were chosen to provide transportation in contrast to the use of chemical combustion engines. Due to the technological level of the Lorath race, it is quite logical to say that they have already gone about discovering and using fosel fuel technology, and they have simply worked past that due to the harm that it brings to their already wrecked atmosphere.

Before this can be approved, I would like to see the following:

Some specifics on this "bacterial power cell", afterall I wouldn't want to approve something that uses it without having a chance to look at it first. I looked to see if you had something up on it already and could not find it. If you have it up somewhere please send a link to me, and if you do not have it up, please do so.

Also, as Uso pointed out. You are going to have to give specific designs for these veichles and components before they can be accepted.

Thanks.

Ok so thats the first thing off the list. I couldn't find them earlier but did after I made the post.

But my second point still remains:

The posted technology is vague, and incomplete. There is little to no specific information at all.

Thanks.

What are you talking about, It will be the same tech as the electric motors used today, mainly in the main stream vehicles like the Hybrid. And before you say anything about, "Well where is the source of power?" The bacterial cell, which above has already been approved. Just take the rechargeable battery out, and replace it with the bacterial cell....Come on is it really all that hard to figure out. I mean I usually don't get upset over stuff like this, but Rune that was kinda dumb to ask. Even modern day tech can be used in the future, and for a lot of this stuff, it is used. Sorry.

I mean, if you want Tomoe or me to go to the Honda site (Or whoever makes the car) and copy the info from the site, sure, ok one of us will, but if not, if you want us to make up somethin new, well....I don't know. Sorry again.

What are you talking about, It will be the same tech as the electric motors used today, mainly in the main stream vehicles like the Hybrid. And before you say anything about, "Well where is the source of power?" The bacterial cell, which above has already been approved. Just take the rechargeable battery out, and replace it with the bacterial cell....Come on is it really all that hard to figure out. I mean I usually don't get upset over stuff like this, but Rune that was kinda dumb to ask. Even modern day tech can be used in the future, and for a great deal of this stuff, it is used. Sorry.

I mean, if you want Tomoe or me to go to the Honda site (Or whoever makes the car) and copy the info from the site, sure, ok one of us will, but if not, if you want us to make up somethin new, well....I don't know. Sorry again

Yes I understand that the bacterial cell was already approved, When I searched for it the first time I could not find it.

However I will be extremely specific. This is what I want:

For Veichles to be submitted on this website they need specifications and to be arranged in the accepted templates. I do not see why existing real world technology applied to the RP setting should be any different.

I also suggest, you reconsider calling me "dumb". I do not have some kind of bias towards your technology. I just believe that it should be held to a reasonable standard when being submitted. We have templates to standardize the way technology is layed out for ease of users.

I do not believe what I am asking for is unreasonable. Sorry that I could not find the power cells the first time.

So the rest of you don't think I'm getting off easy <_< I did apologize to Rune for my comment and I am here, but like I told him I don't sugar coat things for anyone :p Anywho moving on from that!

I had a talk with Rune and from the post above I think, I found out we need to use the template for ALL vehicles, and so it shall be used! :!:

I'll be writing up additional vehicles using the concepts discussed in this thread after the list of components get approved.

I don't wanna go writing up a mini-van of sorts then find out that i'll have to scrap it. :?

For Veichles to be submitted on this website they need specifications and to be arranged in the accepted templates. I do not see why existing real world technology applied to the RP setting should be any different.

If you want to get a technology aproved do it individually. This thread is really just a waste as it is now.

Doc Tomoe, will you please stop complaining about how you're worried that you'll have to "scrap" something, or how you don't want to put in all this OOC work only to have your creations destroyed IC? Do it or don't.

Jadg Wolf said:
Doc Tomoe, will you please stop complaining about how you're worried that you'll have to "scrap" something, or how you don't want to put in all this OOC work only to have your creations destroyed IC? Do it or don't.

No, I mean I don't want to write up a full vehicle, and have it unapproved due to a component I put in it, then i'd have to rewrite or completely put aside the idea. Nothing IC about it. Thanks.

You've said elsewhere a few times that you're worried that your OOC work won't matter because it could be ICly destroyed. That's what I was referring to. I see where you're coming from about a single component, but surely there'd be at least something you could do with tech you write up even if a part of it's not approved. People around here will probably be honest about your stuff, but they should be willing to help you go in a new direction--or possibly the same direction--if a component of your tech is not approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back