• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check [LSDF Akahar] - Second Round of Recruitment + Adoption

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
So You've been assigned to the Akahar! said:
Good day Sir and/or Ma'am, my name is Executive Office Mar'zhaz Keib, and I will be your Captain for your trek aboard the LSDF Akahar, the premier rehabilitation and salvaging ship of the Lorath Self Defence Force. I am accepting of all sorts of people no matter their past misdeeds. Here, you can rebuild your future and become a productive member of Lorath society again-again-agggaaaiiinnn-

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa-
[MESSAGE CORRUPTED]
At least, that's how the brochure went, but in this instance, the now Commanding Officer Keib is having a very bad day with his latest assignment.

Initially, it was just go somewhere, look for a ship that's been missing for the past couple of years, bring it in - it wasn't that simple as his Commanding Officer betrayed the crew, trust in the motives of the ship's superiors broke down and the crawling horror of the discovered Mok'ro, driving people to madness.

As the saying in Lorath goes - have you got the stones to survive what's eating the Akahar?

-

The LSDF Akahar is looking for recruits - Again... (what happened last time?!)
(Player inactivity mostly, not as glamorous as you'd imagine...)

The LSDF Akahar was initially conceived a Salvage oriented plotship, but a more horror-oriented slant was discovered and mined for all it was worth. Many faces appeared at first and were along for the ride, but that number has dwindled to just four, maybe five active players including the GM.

The best part's about to start, and the ranks need to swell with players willing to go into a situation about to go horribly wrong. You have two options available to you if you would like to join the Akahar: You may Create a Character from scratch, as per usual or you may adopt an existing character who was previously abandoned, and give them a fighting chance.

Characters can die, and it is avoidable if you play your cards right and smart.
You have been warned.

CREATING A CHARACTER FROM SCRATCH
The LSDF is versatile. Whoever wants to serve with it (or has wronged it and needs their dues paid here) is welcome. The only rule is that Nekovalkyrja are not playable as they are outlawed outside of Yamatai and by the Lorath government.

A scoutship is passing by the Akahar (what luck!) will drop off new player characters.

Desirable Traits and what to expect for incoming characters:
  • Inventiveness and adaptability
  • Knowing when to fold your hand
  • Survival instincts and perseverance
  • An aversion to blood and guts is not desirable, but potentially hilarious
  • Some good movies to watch prior to get a feel for things are Alien, Aliens and Event Horizon.
If you are playing a Lorath (or Helashio), consult your caste-specific skill lists for help, or talk to @DocTomoe or @OsakanOne for help.
The rest is up to you.

ADOPTABLE CHARACTERS
Many people have joined, and then left the Akahar after minimal posting, leaving interesting people stranded in their wake. The following characters may be adopted and appropriated as their players have not logged in or posted for an extended period.

In the interest of fairness, all previous players will be tagged in case they want to come back, or withdraw their character from adoption. Silence will be taken as acceptance...
Further information about their in-character actions can be provided upon request by @Moogle, @OsakanOne or myself.

Unadopted characters are going to wear very red shirts, and are very likely to die horribly.

For further information or any queries and expressions of interest, post here or contact @Luca directly on Forum PMs or in the IRC Chat at #StarArmy.

Last edited:
I've posted this to our Facebook and Twitter.

I've posted this to our Facebook and Twitter.

@Syaoran, @Semjax, @Deathevn, @paladinrpg

Please take note of this post: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/index.php?threads/lsdf-akahar-ooc-thread.8492/page-7#post-235102
Alright listen up everyone - when I wake up in about 8 to 10 hours from now I'm going to create a new thread to introduce the new arrivals, and it'll be open until the 30th of October. They'll be landing in a different hangar to the one the Away Team uses, and won't need to worry about being screened.

The current thread (Answer Me) will remain open to Away Team players and other staff if there's more to add on the shuttle trip back, small talk and such.

Then the next thread will go up on the 31st of October, my time. Spooooooky! Threatening finger wiggling! Theremin noises! Candy Corn Colours!

(As an Australian I don't get Halloween, but okay!)
You have a window for entry and a time frame.

This also goes for anyone else who wishes to adopt a character or create a character on the Akahar.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back