• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Laz Public Network [LSDF] Comments on Leak

Toshiro

To: LSDF

I have seen the leaked document regarding the starting up of the Winter, and ask that it be looked into with care. These strange behaviors described remind me of the contact between the SRSS Yggdrasill and the Sourcian entity, Maras. If someone has seen fit to leak this, I have to consider it more than just an error.

In YE 29, my ship encountered the craft in the space outside Lor, and it copied elements of itself into my computer's AI. The ship promptly started having minor yet inexplicable quirks, and the YSS Ravager (then led by Ketsurui Hanako) remotely loaded an EIES system to my ship to limit the 'infiltration' since my craft was considered compromised in this first contact scenario.

What happened was that the EIES wound up being boxed in as a virtual machine, and the Sourcian system that was installed stabilized...and my craft achieved sentience and sapience. My ship has been a living thing with its own feelings and consciousness since YE 29, and I have found it to be a very positive experience.

If the Winter is not in use, then perhaps this should be studied more carefully and closely...the weapons removed and the unit permitted to evolve if it is found that this is more than an error.

Sender: Lorath Self Defense Force Public Relations Office
To: Commodore Toshiro Yuki, SRSS Yggdrasill

Due to your favorable standing with the Matriarchy, the Public Relations Office has been authorized to issue a response to your message, Commodore.

At this time, we have excluded the AMX-Series unit which exhibited the unusual behavior from the rest of our operational fleet. Currently, the unit is being treated as a possibly sapient free life-form, and our scientific branch is in the process of determining the degree of sentience which the AMX-unit is in possession of to confirm if the AMX-unit in question is authentically sapient, or if a software or hardware malfunction has resulted in this erratic behavior, or, if the behavior is isolated to the ARIA unit aboard the AMX-unit, at which time the ARIA processor will be granted a body.

Thank you for your concern, Commodore, and we hope to host your ship in our port if you are in this area of space again.

Signed,
Lorath Self Defense Force Public Relations Representative #1921

----------

Attatchment!!!

Congratulations communications network user ID: Toshiro Yuki, you have been selected to receive a free 500 HS gift credit, valid for use at any Lorath Matriarchy or United Manufacturing Cooperative retail outlet, or recreation facility~

Code:
UPLOADING CREDITS.... upload complete!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back