• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Lorath [LSDF] The Best Offense For Self Defense.

DocTomoe

It was a mere day since the Harvesters had left to assist the Hotaru's people in salvaging what was left of the battle which took place there. The Lorath Self Defense Force was still on edge, and was still vigilant, watching for activity from the space bordering the cluster. Practice drills were suspended, ships were fully manned, even fresh new ships right out of dry-dock had crews assigned to them to stand guard for the potential attack... which never did come.

"Keeeeh..." The annoyed utterance came from a young male Fyunnen soldier which stood at his station... the topside of a Zahl, stationed planet-side but ready for take off. "Those squids are never going to show up." He commented as he sat down on the hull of the ship, his back leaned against the plate which covered a 'Starfall' positron cannon.

Another soldier stood nearby and let out an annoyed huff at the young Fyunnen's impatience. "Y'neh, you should be glad we don't have to enter into a defensive battle... those are often the worst to ever be a part of, they're too desperate." The soldier brushed her fingers through her short red hair to calm her own nerves. "This isn't like dealing with the Helashio, that was easy. I hear word that came down from Feather that these bastards don't even bleed when you cut them."

"Oh shush Ta'nia, you don't even know the whole story... that thing was one of those... what are they... Nekovalkryja type eighteen, I think, least that is what they told me in basic." Y'neh replied as he unzipped the collar of his Battle Dress Uniform. "Ugh... these things are so stuffy." he griped as he looked at the sky above. "Anyway, I'm just eager to get into a fight... my sisters keep teasing me, telling me that I won't ever get to see a fight. All of them got to fight in the Helashio pacification during the evacuation."

"Speaking of your family, how is your grandmother?" Ta'nia asked as she bent over and blocked Y'neh's vision of the sky with her face.

"You mean Vice Admiral Cy'fi 'Heartbreak', right? Yeah... thats right, she got pulled out from private Fyunnen service to the LSDF because of her performance during the Helashio pacification." Y'neh could not help but to smile softly. "Granny Cy'fi, now she is a Fyunnen to be honored, the Goddess must smile on her every waking day."

Ta'nia could not help but to smile as well as she sat down beside Y'neh. "Yeah, I wanna be just like her when I get older... I hear she had the highest incapacitation count during the pacification, and during the reclamation era, she had one of the highest kill counts... but nothing that could come near Lady Sen’yhty." Ta'nia's pale white cheeks became a hue of red which came near matching the color of her hair.

"I still don't get you girls... all you do is swoon over each other in the field." Y'neh could not help but to sound a little butt-hurt as he spoke on the matter.

Ta'nia grinned widely at Y'neh. "Would you rather me swoon over you?" She asked as she scooted closer to his side.

Ta'nia's approach resulted in Y'neh becoming a shade which matched her hair as well. "I uh... um--". Y'neh did not get the opportunity to speak as a message was sounded by the ship's speakers, and through their neural interface devices.

"All Lorath Self Defense Force personnel are to report to their OFFENSIVE battle ready assignments!" The voice which sounded through their heads was none other than Y'neh's grandmother, Vice Admiral Heartbreak.

"Offensive?" Both Y'neh and Ta'nia said to each other at the same time as they stood up from their seats on the deck and then dashed to the nearest hatch.

-----

Velor meanwhile was seated in what had to be the bridge of bridges aboard a gutted out hulk of what was once both a Byakko and a Kyoto... but Lorath engineers turned it into what could be considered a hybrid of a command center.

"Sen’yhty, report." Velor ordered as he looked at the volumetric display before him.

"High Priest, the ships that were promised are ready, we are still trying to arrange for the X-model products from Nyli II to be included in the fleet." The armor clad behemoth which was Sen'yhty reported as she stood beside Harr'ikke, who was seated beside Velor.

Harr'ikke meanwhile was quite pre-occupied with the monitor which held her eggs in view, and the nest which was defended by the most well known and trusted of Fyunnen warriors handpicked by Sen'ythy.

"Alright, position the ISFBs to move our ships to where they are needed." Velor brought up another volumetric screen and shifted through some information before he spoke. "Confirm that each ship we are sending has been modified with external ordinance racks. I want them to be as productive as possible despite their design shortcomings."

It was the Vice Admiral's turn to speak as she consulted her neural interface. "All ships are confirmed to be augmented, even the support craft. The Bringer of Thunder units have also been equipped with L-Mark-Two units in compliment to the Combined Particle Cannons they are carrying."

Velor smiled as he nodded. "Excellent, the LSDF seems ready enough... confirm a ready check on all ships which will be departing. I want to make sure we're not going to have any embarrassing mistakes while our forces are out there... Vice Admiral, I suggest you get to your Broadsides."

"Yes High Priest." Vice Admiral Cy'fi 'Heartbreak' Fyunnen gave a bow before she sent a message out to her Broadsides. "Cy'fi to "Cyfi Lyrk", I am headed up in a Winter unit, prepare to receive me." Cy'fi then departed from the command center and made her way to the hangar which was built into the command center, where she would board a Winter power armor and make her way to the Broadsides 'Cyfi Lyrk' in orbit.

Velor looked at the volumetric display and frowned slightly. "I thought they were holding off this operation for the time being... I smell some inter-fleet confusion in the Yamatai ranks... ARIA, report fleet status."

An ARIA unit was placed in a liquid suspension tank placed against one of the walls of the command center's 'what-used-to-be-a-bridge'. "Fleet confirms a 95% ready status. The remaining 5% are ships ascending from planetside, and ships awaiting crew arrivals... estimate full ready status in three hundred fifty seconds.

"Defending force status?" Velor asked as he looked at the display of the Nyli system.

"Defending fleet status is 99% ready, several ships are having minor issues in regard to installation of ordinance racks, yet confirm they are battle-ready. Defending ships have assumed strategic positions which would allow for optimal defense of the region. Automated QnS type ships assigned to Hici'emi System confirm ready status." The ARIA unit reported.

"Good... when the offensive fleet is prepared, give them the go ahead to advance to the 5th XF's staging area... for now though..." Velor stood up from his seat and opened a fleet wide radio communication, one which would take literally years before it would reach ears other than his people's.

All Lorath ships then began to receive a message from the High Priest. "As you are all aware, we have entered a ready status for an offensive operation... your individual commanders will inform you of what this operation is, but for now, I have my duty to the Goddess and to you which I am honored to perform." With that, Velor went silent, but around the planet and through the fleet, his words could still be heard... but not with their ears, the words were heard in each of their minds.

"Today dawns a day where blood shall be split once more. Every day, life must bleed to feed life, today we give more blood than what life needs, thus there will be life which will be going before their time... and for that, the Goddess weeps. With the Goddess' tears, we know her love for us, and all which live to honor her and the life which she has granted each of us. Each brave warrior shall ensure that they will not force the Goddess to cry a single tear more than she must, thus each warrior shall do their part in ensuring that not a single person more than what must be lost shall pass on in the name of our Goddess, and our Xiaah's matriarchy.

"Despite our Yamataian allies having no ties to our Goddess, we have a duty to them just the same, a duty of honor and debt. We shall also ensure that not a single one of them more than what must shall perish in the name of the task at hand. Ensure that both us and them manage to live on to see another blessed day. May the Goddess' will drive us to spill the blood of our enemies before they spill ours. May the God's devious whim find it fit to spite the wicked foes in their cursed ever-afters. Brave warriors of our Goddess, I bless you in the name of her our great mother, and our Xiaah. May victory grace you on this day."
With those final blessings, Velor closed the channel and gave ARIA the go ahead to have the fleet depart to the staging area.

-----

Above Nyli III, the promised ships to the 5th's effort made their departure in the blink of an ISFB's hyperfold, delivering the ships to the staging area where they will join with their 5th XF allies and assist in the battle for Bizankro.

It was not long since the 5th had issued it's order that the Bizankro fleet would be heading to Yamatai to speak with the now-former Emperor. During that time, Velor felt that everything was going well... at least until the announcement of the new imperial succession was announced.

"What in the Goddess' name..." He scowled slightly, he hated being taken by surprise, but soon the scowl faded with the knowledge that the Empire would be ruled by Katsuko... however... there was the issue of Uesu, Velor felt uneasy simply letting a heathen like him loose upon the universe. "Sister." He asked as he looked to his sibling which sat beside him. "What do you think of this situation as a whole?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back