• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Luke Avios

tomaszavenger

Inactive Member
Sorry, but I got confused about character creation process and have already posted my character into the wiki. It should be at the bottom with the words "Pending Approval" on the side. Can someone look into it, and give me pointers on how to improve it (if it needs to be improved, which I assume it does).

Post a link, and edit it into your first post for us. It's hard to go looking for a single wikipage when we know nothing about it.

And with that, I leave you to the other character mods, since I have to disappear for a week.

Here's the link: Luke Avios

The character seems okay to me. I'd like the plot GM of the plot he's headed towards to give the okay.

Well, I'd like to join Cirrus Station, but if you believe another plot is suitable that would be appreciated.

Do I have to add it to the character's data?

Alright. I'll point Moonman in this direction.

Just a newbie question, didn't want to post a whole new thread to it, but what is the proportion of males to females on this website? So far I'm seeing a whole load of males (I mean people in this case, not characters, which look about 50-50).

According to my last survey we are over 90% male. This may be slightly inaccurate, though, as we had some members answer as male even though they are female or transexual in order to avoid unwanted attention (I know several of such cases) and because the number of females who answered the survey were less than the number I can name off-hand. Basically, it's mostly guys but we have a number of females such as Kyoki, Plaidmage, Kim, etc.

My current main character is female. There's just something cool about girls with guns, I guess.

Around a bit more than I thought I would be so here we go.

Male-female is all sorts of skewed, because of the races. Nekos on the whole will almost always be female, so they skew it, but it's pretty close to 50-50 would be my bet, in terms of PC characters. Each of the nations has a male to female ratio for NPC numbers somewhere though, if I remember right.

On to the character though.

Is that your art? Unless you can show artists permission or it happens to be yours (in which case you might be able to get a few commissions, it looks pretty decent), you can't use it.

I edited in a link to a page under your name. Just click the red link, follow it, and create a user page. You can look at other members for an example, but it doesn't have to be anything special.

IF you would, please go through and include standard English measurements, in addition to metric. A lot of people on here don't know metric.

Description is... Well I'm going to leave the mechanical stuff for Moonie, because I'm not too sure on whether that works or not. Same for the age. I think that a government created ID-SOL would be younger than that, but I'll leave it up to Moonie. He might want to hear you out on it.

In personality, it would be "he is fascinated by", not "he is fascinating by".

Not a change, just a note, but I want to see this dude meet Asher. It would be amusing.

You need to add on the boilerplate skills. They're just down a bit further on the skill page.

You can replace most of your inventory with url=https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nepleslia:standard_issue_equipment]this page's stuff[/url], that's just the standard inventory.

Finally, just a couple spelling mistakes (need to replace a few she's with he's, that kind of stuff), and you need to switch his total cash to 6000 DA. You're a Neppie, so you get DA instead of KS.

Just post back in here when you have any questions or finish those edits. Great start though.

Aendri said:
Around a bit more than I thought I would be so here we go.

Male-female is all sorts of skewed, because of the races. Nekos on the whole will almost always be female, so they skew it, but it's pretty close to 50-50 would be my bet, in terms of PC characters. Each of the nations has a male to female ratio for NPC numbers somewhere though, if I remember right.

On to the character though.

Is that your art? Unless you can show artists permission or it happens to be yours (in which case you might be able to get a few commissions, it looks pretty decent), you can't use it.

I edited in a link to a page under your name. Just click the red link, follow it, and create a user page. You can look at other members for an example, but it doesn't have to be anything special.

IF you would, please go through and include standard English measurements, in addition to metric. A lot of people on here don't know metric.

Description is... Well I'm going to leave the mechanical stuff for Moonie, because I'm not too sure on whether that works or not. Same for the age. I think that a government created ID-SOL would be younger than that, but I'll leave it up to Moonie. He might want to hear you out on it.

In personality, it would be "he is fascinated by", not "he is fascinating by".

Not a change, just a note, but I want to see this dude meet Asher. It would be amusing.

You need to add on the boilerplate skills. They're just down a bit further on the skill page.

You can replace most of your inventory with url=https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nepleslia:standard_issue_equipment]this page's stuff[/url], that's just the standard inventory.

Finally, just a couple spelling mistakes (need to replace a few she's with he's, that kind of stuff), and you need to switch his total cash to 6000 DA. You're a Neppie, so you get DA instead of KS.

Just post back in here when you have any questions or finish those edits. Great start though.

- You're right, I took a picture on DA, and it's copyrighted (not under CC as I thought) so I'll remove it and replace it with a drawing I'll make, although it'll require some time.
- I don't know Imperial measurements, I'm a metric person; how is it fair that I should be made to use it? I'm pretty sure the majority of the world uses metric, considering that SI units are done in them. If people really need to know it, they can always use a converter by googling.
- I used the standard generator, and I will make the adjustments ASAP. In terms of unusual age, I could probably make an excuse based on his deformities, causing slower growth in terms of age and brain development (I actually have the very same rib cage deformity, but not the brain deformity, and you wouldn't notice the brain development issue considering he's linked to a computer).
-Unsure on what you mean by boilerplate skills, you'll need to elaborate, because I did not come across such a skill required for Nepleslian military. Is it an ID-SOL related skill?
-Sorry for the spelling errors, I'll use a spell-checker to correct them.

Tomas, it's not a matter of what you know, it's a matter of what most of us know. And I'm one of the few on here who has probably had much experience switching on the fly, so we ask that you include either english measurements or both. If nothing else, it's a lot simpler for you, one person, to use a converter and add in the other version than for everyone else on the site to look it up and convert it anytime they need it.

Boilerplates are here. They're the standard skills every soldier in the DION is required to have.

Aendri said:
Tomas, it's not a matter of what you know, it's a matter of what most of us know. And I'm one of the few on here who has probably had much experience switching on the fly, so we ask that you include either english measurements or both. If nothing else, it's a lot simpler for you, one person, to use a converter and add in the other version than for everyone else on the site to look it up and convert it anytime they need it.

Boilerplates are here. They're the standard skills every soldier in the DION is required to have.

I thought I had the correct boilerplates included in my skills... let me go check them. It'd save searching if you can tell me what I'm missing. Will I have to remove any of my current skills to facilitate?

Good point on your reasoning for using imperial units, but I'll keep the metric for reference if that's okay?

Also, I'd like to point out, for the artwork, I have been unable to contact the user, and he last updated in three years. If he personally comes to make me take down the picture, I shall do it immediately. I will also link him below as credit for the picture. Will that suffice?

My preferred format is metric followed by Imperial measurements in parenthesis.

Example:

54 kg (119 lbs)

Missingno: That site hurts my eyes! The easiest thing (since all browsers have a search box these days) is to type the conversion into Google. Google's search results page will automatically calculate the result for you and put it at the top of the search page.

Example: 54 kg to lbs

You have none of the boilerplates. You have the skills themselves, but none of the text, which is what's required. They're communication, fighting, survival, and strategy. And yes, they supersede other skills. You can have a total of 7, with those four being required to start with. Don't worry, you can develop more skills through RP though.

And don't worry about having them on there (the metrics). I always put both as well, just for simplicity's sake. The whole goal of this process is that so just about anyone can look at your character, and know your character like their own. Or give a good shot at it at least.

I have modified the wiki entry as you have asked, added the boilerplate text, but I made sure I still only have 7 categories of skills. I've modified some of the boilerplates to make them more fitting to the character (ie, my character can neurally uplink with power armour if he modifies it).

But I have the disadvantages (slow movement, prone to EMP and large energy usage) to make up for the additional power I have.

Is the character okay now?

Still need your user page completed, and we're waiting on Moonie. I'll poke one of the others too, just to get it checked for content. You might have to go with the Acadia or 4th though, since I think MoonMan is sketchy right now.

Aendri said:
Still need your user page completed, and we're waiting on Moonie. I'll poke one of the others too, just to get it checked for content. You might have to go with the Acadia or 4th though, since I think MoonMan is sketchy right now.

Oh, while you posted this I was busy doing the user page, it is completed now.

As far as I'm concerned, the amount of cybernetics and their types aren't that big a deal. None of them are overtly outrageous and some of them were necessary so it's fine with me. Being and ID-SOL already grants him a larger window of physical prowess, so a few cybernetics won't change too much.

The only thing I really see wrong is his status as a clone-grown and the accompanying age. ID-SOLs are usually speedily grown to a certain age in order to make full use of their capabilities; you don't see a lot of baby ID-SOLs, if any, because of their placement in Nepleslian military. That's not to say it's impossible, it's just something to consider.

Luke could either be an ID-SOL cloned to a young age and grown naturally, which would validate the 25 year old age,

or Luke could be a straight clone to the age of 25, but is actually chronologically much younger. Perhaps 2 or 3 years old.

Either of these choices are fine, but considering that he was grown for experimental purposes, the former might be the better choice. It's up to you really; if you're still joining Cirrus Station, either actual age would be acceptable.

Thank you, and I chose the former, I'll add this clarification to my character sheet. Am I free to post in Cirrus Station from this point on, or do I have to adhere to further preparation (I'll probably just head to orders as soon as this is approved).

Since Moonie okayed you, you're set. You should probably post in orders anyway, but you can go ahead and let everyone on Cirrus know you're coming if nothing else.

Character Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back