• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Macchiato Sun

I'm Only Dancing

Inactive Member
(Yes, largely due to the Aethersperm writeup. It made me realize that I have referrenced, roleplayed, and written about a great many musicians for this setting, but never gone into any detail. Look for Adrian Wiell, Victor Marhen, Saya Kikuchi, Bloodhoney, and The Happy Homocidals, all forthcoming!)

About Macchiato Sun
Macchiato Sun is a noted folk-rock act native to Kyoto. Consisting of two members, a dozen or so instruments, and massive, far-reaching PR coverups to hide the bad habits and painful downtime of the frontman, Macchiato Sun has had a tumultuous history and faces an uncertain future. Despite an exceptional level of musical innovation and intellectually involving lyrics, or perhaps because of them, album and ticket sales have recently taken a sharp decline, particularly when compared to Yamataian trance and Nepleslian metal. Recently, Macchiato Sun began working on a third album, and signed on to a civilian salvage vessel (SRSS Yggdrassill), hoping to see a bit more of the universe before setting their next record in motion.

Members
Lain Irokawa - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Saxophones, Bass Guitar

Lain is, easily, the greater source of talent in Macchiato Sun. A genius songwriter with a greased-lightning pen and a virtuoso talent on a wide array of instruments, he is also graced with a sort of beauty that can even turn heads on Yamatai. Though this has attracted a set of fans he doesnt want - horny teenage screaming fangirls - it is perhaps the only thing that keeps their musical act turning a profit. Lain is particularly known for haunting melodies, ethereal harmonies, and guitar-work graced with what could almost be called a 'sixth sense' for solos.

Reis Ivelian - Backing Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Cello, Tambourine (Jingle Jangle Morning, bitches!), Percussion

Though Lain is the greater of the two, Reis indeniably adds a good bit to the music provided by their duet. The tatter-edged roughness of her singing voice, the innocent innovation of her instrumental work, and the "I understand you all" vibe she portrays onstage have all made her an indispensible part of the act. Her continually changing hygiene and appearance choices, as well, contrast nicely to Lain's generally clean-cut but slightly tarnished look. She has a soft spot for an old thirty-four piece drum set crafted from old bottles, cans, and boxes, and frequently uses it both onstage and recording.
(...under construction...)

The idea of making bands is cool. I know AetherSPERM exists, but I didn't know there were other such bands. Macchiato Sun... Sounds like a catchy name and given the Difficult past, could make for some good RP if anyone was willing to do it.

I don't tknow if this would be flavor text, or actually do anything. Maybe if you make the Record Label that owns the rights to the bands music you can make KS? Everytime the band name is mentioned in the setting ICly you make a certain amount of KS? Seems like a good way for a Faction to get some Net Value :p

Hopefully this member will get a notification from the site, come back, and finish the submission.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back