• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Malifar] Blueberry brandy syrup

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
*Bloosh!* "Ahhh! Feels so good!"

She came up from the water, which was crystal clear. Baring all in her revealing swimsuit, too, rivulets pouring down her frame, many forming full channels after being fed from the runoff of her dark, shiny hair.

She returned the glances of a couple who were watching her from the other side of the pool. They wanted her. Of course! They all did. She made sure of that, needlessly adjusting her bikini top before swimming forward with lazy sweeps of her arms. The couple couldn't believe their fortune. Really? their faces said. She just winked back at them, then dove below the water again.

She came up with a larger splash, using her anti-gravity to fully come out of the water, like a water nymph, a goddess of liquid, coated in a sheen of water and a little waterproof tanning oil. She floated toward them, setting down at the pool's edge, and flashed the largest smile she could.

"Let's get a drink," she said to the spellbound pair, bringing her hair around from behind her and making it into a tail that curled just below one of her breasts.

Blueberry wanted to kill her. Beautifully, in a way that would pay homage to the Yamataian's ability to captivate an audience. Encased in ice, maybe. It would match well with the woman's sun-kissed skin.

The Neko, clad in a violet one-piece that did its best to be conservative, was hiding from the sun. A large parasol hung over her lounge chair, and big sunglasses hid her eyes from the light and from prying people. A pure white towel covered her legs, and her hands clutched her poetry book. Her hair was in a thick bun on the left side of her head, just behind her ear. It wasn't a perfect bun; it dripped deep blue in a few places.

She wore violent red lipstick. Always lipstick; chapped lips would never do.

This was Malifar, at the Sofitel hotel in the northern portion of the city. It was just off the water, providing from the pool (and most of the rooms) a panoramic view of the Sea of Melami, which today had no storms hanging over it. A pristine tan beach was perhaps 100 meters away, and it stretched in either direction for nearly a hundred kilometers. It was a cool 26 degrees.

The source of her murderous feelings? She was on leave, on the Star Army's dime, and was as far away as she could get from Kyoto. She was relaxing, reading and rhyming in her head. Why was she upset?

She was alone. Her hotel room was empty. Like her life.

Blueberry sighed and tried to focus on her book. It was Nepleslian poetry, written by a man for another man. It wasn't steamy. Heartbreaking was a more apt word; the author's feelings were unrequited, and he was marching off to war to rid himself of his emotions, to become a man hardened to his own heart. However, the man of his affection was posted to a cooperative unit, and things only spiraled from there.

She snapped the book shut. It wasn't working. The ocean breeze with its salty air threatened her with sleep. Without another outlet to channel her emotions through, she backed down from Mother Nature and let herself slumber.

Nothing's changed.

The thought came to her with a deep inhalation of the salt sea breezes that rolled inland. So at ease, so at peace these people were. Everything looked so pristine, perfect, as if denying the existence of the war. She expected no less she supposed. Even now nostalgia threatened to overcome the reason for coming here. It had taken perhaps two days to track down just who she had been looking for. An old acquaintance, a comrade and lover at times. Yuriko had thrown caution to the wind in pursuit of this moment. Caution for her well being. For even if the Empress herself had pardoned them of their transgressions who was to say something may not occur?

She didn't care.

She was here, now. The former war hero had found her quarry not about to give up on it when it was within arms reach, Blueberry. A passing towel girl had been kind enough to assist in locating her with the reward of a modest tip for pointing her out. Even now the sun was beating down overhead upon her bare shoulders. Her attire had been appropriate, a two piece swimsuit of light blue chosen to compliment a now fair complexion and plum colored hair that was being held in a ponytail.

The approach was slow, casual while taking in the sights behind tinted sunglasses that hid the watching gaze. Everyone seemed... happy here. Some part of her remembered times like these with her former sisters. Laughing and playing. But such times were long gone; replaced now with a near constant war in which she'd been fighting. Her eyes closed as vivid images of happy and fun times pervaded her thoughts.

Yuriko could not help but shake her head slowly when finally before her, not even two feet away was the object of her journey. And was asleep. The book caught her eye then as it rested on the arm of the chair in which Blueberry slumbered. Picking it up, Yuriko took the lounge chair nearest to the neko with book in hand she sat. A soft 'tap tap tap' upon the cover with a painted finger nail soon followed the cover being opened.

Pages were flipped as soon as they were read. A thoughtful look marred the once calm visage with each passage that was taken in. One in particular took her by surprise.

"The light of my love feels no burden of loss, nor labor. The love I feel strives toward more than it shall ever attain. My heart, my heart argues not of impossibilities of the distance between us. For my belief in these feelings reach beyond twinkling stars."

More to herself then others she read it aloud, liking the sound of the impassioned words, promises of love lost to distance but love that continues to burn with some hope for his safe return. That poor man hoped, believed that one day he would come back, that those feelings would be returned.

You've always had a flair for the dramatic.
she thought.

Blueberry dreamed.

She wasn't alone. She was outside of Vela, on a ranch — her ranch. The sky was clear, but it was cold — autumn was here. A horse with a saddle was before her, reins and all— her horse, a cinnamon-colored mare, appropriately named "Cinnamon." She was wearing a simple cotton riding skirt, dyed a light blue, and a plaid wool shirt, violet, with a cowboy hat on her head. Clear lipstick, even.

But she was happy. So, very, happy.

It was because of the other person on the other horse. The horse was cream-colored with brown spots, and was bigger, stronger. The person on top of the horse was purple-haired. And Neko.

And hers.

"Are you sure about this?" Blue said as she floated onto the horse. The "jumping on" thing seemed cruel. "There's going to be a storm tomorrow."

The Neko reassured her everything would be fine. The cave was only 50 kilometers away. They would spend the night and beat the storm home to the ranch. Easy. Trust her!

Blue did, with her whole heart. The Neko had come back from the other side of the known galaxy just for her. She trusted her with her life.

As they started to ride off toward the setting sun, Blue asked why she did that, just for her.

The Neko said she had a flair for the dramatic that could not be resisted. Blue blushed beneath her hat, but her smile was wide. Drama was her spice of choice.

Her smile was not so wide when she woke up, nor did she feel very spicy. The first good dream in months and she woke up from it. The position of the sun suggested she had been asleep for maybe an hour. She hardly felt rested at all.

Blue narrowed her eyes beneath her glasses, then sighed. She reached for her book, which wasn't there. She went from sour to positively bitter. Her head swung left to see if anyone had —

Her eyes fell on a Neko in sunglasses. Purple hair. Cute. So cute.

And holding her book.

" ... Yuriko-san?"

Awake, she was awake now.

Yuriko didn't look at Blueberry, instead her gaze continued to be fixated on the book.

" ... Yuriko-san?"

The hesitation in her voice... or was it doubt? She couldn't decide which. No, best not to dwell overly much on a simple question. Yuriko just flipped a page, a leg now arching upward as she placed a hand on it.

"I suppose it was my fault for introducing you to poetry. Because it only seems to have indulged your particular tastes in emotion and lust." Yuriko spoke softly before she looked over in Blueberry's direction. The sunglasses dipped slightly to show that the same plum coloration touched her eyes. The faint ghost of a tug at the edges of her lips could've been taken for the beginnings of a smile, or a expression of pain easily hidden.

"Long time no see, Blueberry-chan." the suffix felt strange to say. It had only been three years yet even now she felt like a stranger. This had been her birthplace but now it was foreign to her.

"Long time no see, Blueberry-chan."
Sensations pulled Blue in any direction that did not land her in Yuriko's embrace. Her skin tingled backward, muscles tightened her down, her stomach pushed up along with her blood. Her eyes darted from side to side. Anywhere but into her arms.

Her ears carried her forward. To hear that voice call her "Blueberry-chan" ... she leaned closer to the Neko, mouth agape just so.

She stopped. Jiyuuian, she corrected herself, and her face slumped toward the ground. Yuriko left her. Left everyone, to go to the UOC. Blue didn't blame her, but it confused and saddened her.

"What are you doing here," she softly asked. She kept her gaze behind her sunglasses, but her posture put her toward Yuriko, almost falling off the chair. Her fingers were tight on the chair's arm, her breathing quickened and skin a little pink. The sun was bright in her hair, a vibrant blue more like the near ocean water than the typical cotton-candy or deep-blue-sea colors.

The remark about the poetry barely had been deflected. Blue did not want images of the two cuddling and reading together conjuring before her mind's eye. She was, after all, a little angry. Or wanted to be angry.

"Because,"

Yuriko kept her gaze toward the now staring Neko. She took in the profound effect this was having on Blueberry, having an inkling of just what she maybe thinking. After all, the two had been close at one time.

"I wanted to be here. To see you." the same little twitch along her lips happened once more even as she spoke. "It took me two days of searching through Kyoto and eventually here in Malifar before I found you." Yuriko moved a loose strand of hair from in front of her face and over an ear. The book had been closed as soon as Blue had asked her question and now her hand had reached out to touch the other woman as if to show she was real and not an illusion.

"I've... missed you." The words were thick in her throat, a lump formed which she managed to choke down with some effort. "Do I need a reason to come and see you? To set foot on a planet that even now may still consider me a traitor?"

Before she could touch the faintly pink cheek she'd been going for, Yuriko stopped her advance. Her fingers were within centimeters of that watching face before slowly retracting itself backward.

"... I understand if you don't want me here."

Blue stopped herself from shaking to pieces. Yuriko's hand had the same effect it did so many months ago, when it would touch hers flipping the page of one of the many poetry books they read together. The cuddling images failed to be cast aside this time, especially ones when Yuriko cleared her hair from her face. Most of Blue's anger shriveled.

But not all of it. "You could not have sent a message? Something to tell me what happened? How you were doing? Why you left ... " She knew why, and knew she wasn't being fair. But she had to get it out. "I've been alone since you left. No one wants me the way you do. I wanted more!"

She looked around, as if she was being watched. They were in public and she was between pouring out her heart or punching Yuriko's. She tried to calm down a little.

"Yuriko-san — " The honorific was hard to use; she remembered using a different one —

A loud BLOOSH! to their right washed out the moment. Blue saw a young boy, who probably had cannonballed, come up from the pool's depths. She looked back at Yuriko.

She saw that just-barely-there grin crack again onto Yuriko's face. She smiled herself, embarrassed, looking away. "I can't stay angry with you." She sniffed; tears were not far behind, but at least she had her sunglasses on.

Blue reached for Yuriko's hand and took it into both of hers. She more than missed the feel of Yuriko's skin on hers; she needed it. "It's not fair." She lowered her gaze, another few strands of hair falling in front of her face. She sniffed, louder. "It's not fair!" she squeaked, feeling the tears start to pour over.

It was going to ruin her makeup, of course. Probably what Yuriko wanted anyway.

"No..."

Was all Yuriko could say at this point while she got to her feet. It didn't take much to kneel down in front of Blueberry, her free hand now cupping one of the Neko's cheeks a thumb wiping at the tears.

"No... " she repeated. "It isn't fair. But, I tried. I tried so hard to not forget you. Of the times we shared." Yuriko placed her fingers underneath Blue's chin, raising it so she could look the other woman in the eye.

"Not a day went by that I didn't think about you. I hung on to it as best I could in the worse of times, and relished in the warm memories during the best of times. But... I know... I know it wasn't fair. What could I have done though?" the former neko said helplessly.

"I had just given birth to children and we were at war. A war I did not want my younglings to be a part of, or to even hear about. I knew they would not have let me retire due to the need of experienced commanders. Let alone with what I knew, and still know. "

Letting go of Blueberry's chin she removed her own glasses. "I-I just couldn't stay any longer. I didn't want to see my babies in this endless cycle of slaughter. I didn't want them to be like me and know the horrors of war. So I left. Even now with Himiko's pardon I get dirty looks. But it's alright. Because I found what I was looking for. You. All the sneers, taunts, and insults in the universe couldn't keep me away. I fought, fought tooth and nail to get through the blockade around the UOC just to get here. Just for this."

Blueberry's mouth hung half-open. She shut it, sniffed, looked toward the ocean. Me?

Her mind wanted to carry on with the emotion of upsetangryhurt, but her soul was in the clouds with relief and happiness. Her lover had not forgotten about her ... she wasn't alone, after all. Cherry, Jo, Miles; they were gone, but Yuriko was still here. Had wanted her, wanted her for all those months.

Suddenly, guilt. It dragged her posture down and repelled her eyes away from looking at that lavender hair she wanted to touch. Had she felt enough longing? There were many days she had not thought about Yuriko. The pressures of administering battlefield medicine, of acting as an officer, guide, even as role model for the other sprites on the ship. There were many days she had only wallowed in her own misery, shut herself in a book and closed out the rest of crew.

Blue's suffering was self-inflicted and pathetic. Yuriko had gone through so much hell to come see her, but she wasn't a worthy prize. The look in Yuriko's beautiful eyes suggested she was, but she wasn't. She wasn't at all.

The tears started to flow down her cheeks, her head fell forward into her hands, and she shook before her friend, her companion.

"I'm sorry," she quietly sobbed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Yuriko felt a pang in her heart at seeing the state this had reduced Blueberry to. The woman silently got to her feet amidst the sobbing slipping her hands free. She wasn't leaving, not yet, not like this. Instead of turning her back on one she cared for, Yuriko took a seat right beside the saddened Neko, placing a arm around one of her shoulders drawing her in close.

"You've no need to be sorry... No need at all, Blue." she whispered now trying to comfort her friend.

"I should be the one who is sorry." Yuriko shook her head before resting her lips atop Blue's hair, giving it a kiss. "For not coming to you sooner, for not writing. The times have not been kind to me, but I should have tried harder. Tried like I had in getting to you now..."

She regretted the thought now due to the sad situation, but it felt good to hold Blueberry close once more. To feel her warmth in an embrace again. But it broke her heart to see the poor girl like this...

"But I'm here, now. And I won't leave you again for as long as I am able. I promise you this. Because... Because... I want to share the times we once had again." There was no point in hiding it, she wanted to just be there for Blueberry now. "To do everything together, the festivals of Kyoto, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the ocean. All of it. To just spend time with one another."

" ... Really?" Blueberry sniffed, but did not shy away from Yuriko's touch. The Neko seemed to naturally fit under Yuriko's arm, at her side. She brought her head in a little closer, toward the crook of Yuriko's neck.

"I don't want you to leave," she flatly said. "I want to do all of those things. With you." She sniffed again and slipped her glasses off of her face. She wiped at her eyes, and her fingertips came away with the little makeup she still had on. Her lips were already pouted, but she frowned anyway. She let her hand back down to steady her on the lounge chair.

She could smell Yuriko again. She did not smell all that wonderful; traveling scents of cheap food and a lack of showering. She still could smell Yuriko through that, smell the little bit of paper from all the reading, the scent of sweet treats she had likely picked up while coming to see her.

Would Yuriko really stay? Blue wasn't sure. She knew they would not be apart again because they wanted to be ... but war did bad things. That meant the time they had now had to be used. Had to be embraced and savored and defended.

"You stink," she said, sniffing again. "And you need to eat better. You're cranky when you eat badly." Blue put her arms around Yuriko's waist.

"Riding on a cargo freighter, cheap food, Nepleslian rations and cigarettes will make me smell terrible." Retorted Yuriko as she felt the tension ease little by little until Blueberry had herself latched into place. "But you're right. I smell like a hobo and do need a shower. I... hadn't yet gone up to my room because I decided to just change into a swimsuit and hunt for you." another kiss atop the other neko's hair followed.

"Since I thought that was more important at the moment." There was more on her mind then a shower, good food and a fresh change of clothes. And what that was, was now embracing her in a possessive manner of which she'd missed immensely.

"But, if you think I need to shower, and get something to eat I would only be so happy to oblige." she looked down at Blue then. "You always did know when I was neglecting myself."

"No one else paid any attention," Blue replied, the kiss on her head making her feel brighter and more energetic. She gave Yuriko another squeeze, then let go. She took hold of Yuriko's hand, though, a tight grasp that suggested she was not going to let go for anything.

"You always work too hard, and you forget to help yourself." Blue flashed a wide smile and brought her gaze to Yuriko's. "I will help you. I want to. Let me clean you and cook for you. I have a little kitchen in my room. Stay with me."

Blue stood up, threatening to drag Yuriko with her.

Yuriko's thoughts drifted to Cherry for the briefest of moments... Had she really cared about her welfare? She had never asked, or returned any of the worry and woes lavished on her by Yuriko who'd done her best to remain faithful. But the thought of good home cooked meal, a honest to god shower and the company of someone truly worthy of her care pierced through the haze of doubts clouding her mind. Looking down at her hand which was now being tugged she stood.

Yuriko, with a slight feeling of apprehension nodded. She'd come this far, waded through taunts and jeers. Been roughed up a little. But it had been worth it for this moment.

"... Ok." came the response in a small voice.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back