• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

March of the Nekovalkyrja (A song!)

After looking around for a few hours for inspirational pieces, I came across the Nekovalkyrja and was instantly struck with awe and inspiration.

This is the song based upon the Nekovalkyrja. Imagine one in combat while listening. The song has brutal aspects of pure warfare, but a lighter side of the sadness of combat and how some Nekovalkyrja are not entirely destructive by nature.

I've uploaded the file directly to the forum for now - It's only 6mb. If it's an issue to upload a file of this size, I'll remove it instantly! I figured this would be the easiest way to have you SA denizens listen - Because no one likes strange upload links!

Enjoy the song - This is based upon the universe that YOU helped build.

EDIT : Can't upload it anyways! Too big! @_@
I guess I'll have to link it! :O

Link-:

http://forum.image-line.com//files/anti ... ja_281.mp3

Signed,
-Anti-->

P.S. - Someone tell me if that link doesn't work. :X
P.S.P.S. - It won't work on some browsers - Namely IE. It will open up quicktime tab in Firefox and Opera.

First off, the link does work fine for me.

Second off, that's a wicked cool sound you have. It's not too hard and metal like, but not the slow Naruto knockoff stuff I have heard recently. I like this song quite a bit, and now really see the diversity you possess. The beginning has a cool vibe a lot like Rammstein's "Du Hast", and that's a good thing in my book.

Haha, Yes! I love Rammstein - Though I do not have any "direct" influences, maybe they did affect me!

Glad you enjoyed the song!

Also - Resemblence to Rammstein might be due to me dancing on the edge of the "Industrial" genre.

Can you imagine a Nekovalk in combat when you listen to this song? :)

The first part of the song takes place on the ground, walking into the open. The second half takes place in space - and there is a transition between ground and space, where the Nekovalk may be carried up by dropship or its own boosters (not sure if they can!). And of course, the ending of the song is the end of the battle -- only the Nekovalk remains standing - its weapons steaming in the cold upper atmosphere. The sound you here in the end, sound's like an electronic "zap" represents targeting/scanning the wreckages/corpses for life that has not been fully extinguished. (This sound is in other parts of the song as well, representing targeting/scanning.)

Holy sh*t dude. I just loaded your Mysp and this song, and started listening to your stuff. Tha's some fricken awesome work you have going man. On a separate note note, have you ever listened to Depeche Mode? Some of the Patterns and tunes in the march were similar.

edit: In reply to your query, no, honestly I can't picture Neko's fighting to the march, though I can picture nekos doing some, *cough* private *cough*, things to that song. :roll:

I have -heard- Depeche Mode - They've got some cool stuff! I don't listen to them in my free time. I need to check them out though - They're classic!

I'm glad you enjoyed the track!

This forum is an amazing source of active inspiration - So more tracks will come!

Thanks for letting me hang out, guys! :D

Aendri said:
edit: In reply to your query, no, honestly I can't picture Neko's fighting to the march, though I can picture nekos doing some, *cough* private *cough*, things to that song. :roll:

LOL! That's -sort- of like fighting, isn't it? :D

It's all fine and well - As long as you can imagine the Nekos doing SOMETHING! *cough*...

Wow, at first, from the name of the title, I was expecting something along the lines like Imperial March or Hell March by Frank Klepacki but that was an interesting techno vibe. I guess you can get inspiration from even the strangest places.

master9147 said:
Wow, at first, from the name of the title, I was expecting something along the lines like Imperial March or Hell March by Frank Klepacki but that was an interesting techno vibe. I guess you can get inspiration from even the strangest places.

Well it does have some orchestral elements, if that counts? :X

I'd have gone completely orchestral, but I figured for a futuristic sci-fi setting, and a song about a cybernetic weapon, that I should stick to my style of glitchy mechanical noises and electronics. Suits the atmosphere much better than old fashioned vibrating strings (from a futuristic viewpoint.(( I love strings! :D))

The nekos (the NH-7 series in particular) were what drew me to this RP too, so I can understand your burst of inspiration : )

Sounds cool, great job...I like that zap noise, it fits with the tone of the piece really well. And the rest of it I can picture playing in the background of a movie or video game fight sequence, bringing more of a dramatic flair to it than the customary savage rock or heavy-beat music and emphasizing the poetry in their combat ^_^

First thing that came to mind was one of the neko fighting styles, "Blade Dancing", which uses the anti-gravity manipulation ability to made a ballet out of sword battles. Long slow motion cuts interspersed with speed-fighting cuts filmed with smooth, flowing camera work instead of the "Bourne Identity"-style handheld camera shots. No jerky close-ups here : )

Sheesh, maybe I should draw out a storyboard of this...good work, Anti!

Sheesh, maybe I should draw out a storyboard of this

Maybe you should! :D

Glad you enjoyed it, and saw the poetry behind the sounds. I always write with a story in mind - More soul that way. And yes, I agree about the heavy-beat music and heavy rock. I'm glad you noticed! :)

Doshii Jun said:
Damn fine stuff. I wish I could contribute more.

Well, I'm sure you've contributed much more to this community than I have with a song!

Plus, The song is based on this community - So technically, this song is based off of you! So you DID contribute to the song AND the community! That's a lot more contribution than me! :D

I get a more "sneaking around" kind of feel, almost like this could be the background music of a dangerous level from a video game, where the armored and well-armed Nekovalkyjra goes from room to room eliminating enemies and looking for the mission objective (maybe stolen equipment or something).

At first I was like "I'm not sure" but after a little bit I started to get into the music. Now I'm looking forward to more. :D

Wes said:
I get a more "sneaking around" kind of feel, almost like this could be the background music of a dangerous level from a video game, where the armored and well-armed Nekovalkyrja goes from room to room eliminating enemies and looking for the mission objective (maybe stolen equipment or something).

At first I was like "I'm not sure" but after a little bit I started to get into the music. Now I'm looking forward to more. :D

I get the sneaky feel too!

If you ever do a SA video game - I'm on call to do the soundtrack (for free even!)

Hell, This made after being here 2 days - In a month or two I'll have a whole album full of SA themed music!

And yes - My music is an aquired taste, though I'm glad you got into it! The opening is a bit slow, but once the melody and ochestral elements come in the song becomes quite solid!

How does it feel to have a song written about your brainchild, the "Nekovalkyrja"? :)

Wow, I just checked out your myspace and I have to say that I dig all of your tunes. Then again, I'm a fan of techno and industrial.

Let's hope SARP give you tons of inspiration.

When I was listening to this...

I had this mental image of a Neko on the street of a very large Yamataian city. It's dark out (Midnight kind of darkness) but the lights everywhere really do not do much to light the ground level. It starts off with the Neko looking upwards at the towering technology and the night sky. As it picks up a little, she looks behind her like she heard something. She hears footsteps in the darkness that permeates the more run down sort of back alleys to some of the buildings. She frowns and starts towards it. She sees some people moving around, going deeper into the maze like area. She stalks them, as the tension in the music rises, she nears their destination. She sees several male Yamatians with a younger female Yamataian who is on the ground, bleeding as though she had just been beaten up a little.

The neko's eyes narrow as she moves through the shadow. One of the guys stray from the group and a *Crack* kind of a noise is heard. The rest of them spin around towards the noise to see their friend on the ground with a broken neck. They start getting skittish and nervous. They start to search the shadows around them and two more suffer a similar fate. As the last one retreats to the only lit area near the girl he seems terrified, frantically pointing a pistol at the darkness around him.

As the song nears it's end, the guy stops. He turns around just in time to see the Neko standing not three inches away from him. The image goes dark as the song ends and the guys scream is all that is heard left.

...Yeah I know, I have strange violent thoughts. Very good music though, I hope you find what you're looking for here at SARP. Keep up the good work!

Dragonnova said:
When I was listening to this...

I had this mental image of a Neko on the street of a very large Yamataian city. It's dark out (Midnight kind of darkness) but the lights everywhere really do not do much to light the ground level. It starts off with the Neko looking upwards at the towering technology and the night sky. As it picks up a little, she looks behind her like she heard something. She hears footsteps in the darkness that permeates the more run down sort of back alleys to some of the buildings. She frowns and starts towards it. She sees some people moving around, going deeper into the maze like area. She stalks them, as the tension in the music rises, she nears their destination. She sees several male Yamatians with a younger female Yamataian who is on the ground, bleeding as though she had just been beaten up a little.

The neko's eyes narrow as she moves through the shadow. One of the guys stray from the group and a *Crack* kind of a noise is heard. The rest of them spin around towards the noise to see their friend on the ground with a broken neck. They start getting skittish and nervous. They start to search the shadows around them and two more suffer a similar fate. As the last one retreats to the only lit area near the girl he seems terrified, frantically pointing a pistol at the darkness around him.

As the song nears it's end, the guy stops. He turns around just in time to see the Neko standing not three inches away from him. The image goes dark as the song ends and the guys scream is all that is heard left.

...Yeah I know, I have strange violent thoughts. Very good music though, I hope you find what you're looking for here at SARP. Keep up the good work!

Strange violent thoughts? LOL! Come to my mind. :)

Beautiful visualization! I love it.

Well in my mind it was a lot more graphic. Little squirts of blood shooting out of his neck when they see the first body. More than just a snapped neck for those next two. Bones sticking out and whatnot.

The works. :p

Dragonnova said:
Well in my mind it was a lot more graphic. Little squirts of blood shooting out of his neck when they see the first body. More than just a snapped neck for those next two. Bones sticking out and whatnot.

The works. :p

That's sexy.

What about the Nekovalk snapping the vertibre in a way which uses the boneshard to puncture nearby veins/nerves? Crushed esophauguses? Breaking the neck in a manner that causes the person's nerves to make their muscles spasm/contract painfully?

I can go on all day! :D

Thought it already. ^^

You should read Nepleslian plotships and wiki's. Bet you could find something interesting there for you to work on should you feel like it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back