• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Market Subforum Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of making a subforum where we could post deals and freebies we found on sci-fi, gaming, and other geek culture stuff. Many of us on SARP are non-rich people who want to make the most of our funds, or want to have additional income.

Threads could be things like:
  • Free eBooks we found on Amazon or other (legal) sites
  • Sci-fi stuff you're selling on eBay, or found on eBay
  • Commission threads where you are selling artwork
  • A sticky of free online courses
  • "I just released a book/movie/youtube, go check it out and rate it!"
Basically, the market would be for items you are selling, or deals you found. We could use thread prefixes to mark electronic deals vs physical stuff, or to label freebies. Threads would stay around for, say, 30 days and then get hidden. SARP would probably be able to get some referral credits from this forum that would help fund our site, too.

Would you guys have an interest in that?

I think that would be wonderful for the people who go through the trouble of creating their stuff, to be capable of getting people from a site they so love, to go see it and such.

I'm all behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ