• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

MDR-5-01 Beschützer Rifle

Abwehran Commander

Inactive Member
Type: Main Battle Rifle
Model: MDR-5-01R Beschützer
Designer: Kaizerlich F+E
Manufacturer: Kaizerlich Waffenerbauer
Government: Abwehran Empire
Organizations:
- Schirmherrschaft
- Weltraumflotte
- Nachrichtendienst
Dimensions: 70.9 cm. long
Weight: 3.45 kg.
Range: 4,500 meters
Discharge: 30-06 cal./ 1000 RPM
Firing Modes: Semi-automatic, 3-round burst, or Full-automatic
Magazine: Assault Magazine (17.78 cm in height)
Capacity: 140 rounds (double-stacked)

History & Description: The fifth mass-driver rifle ever created, the Beschützer is one of three models carrying the MDR-5-01 number. Each model ends with an R, S, or B at the end of the model number. This is because three separate models were needed for the Imperial Military Forces. Like the MDP-3-01, it follows the same basic concepts of all mass-drivers and has a larger capacity per magazine than their chemical counterparts. The only difference is that the MDR-5-01 is to be the primary firearm for all three branches.

A durable and powerful weapon, the MDR-5-01R was created to be the Main Battle Rifle of the Schirmherrschaft forces protecting Abwehr and the Nachrichtendienst intelligence branches. It is a stainless steel design with rubberized grips on the pistol grip and the bottom of the weapon. Though it has iron sights on the top of the weapon, the Beschützer has three MIL Spec. Picatinny attachment points: one on top of a handle-hold and two under the weapon. The top attachment point is for a scope to improve accuracy. The bottom two attachment points can be used to either attach a small, muzzle-loading grenade launcher or a flashlight/laser sight attachment. A small display is also attached to the user end of the handle-hold and displays the amount of battery power as well as the amount of ammunition left in the magazine.

Like the MDP-3-01, the Beschützer can be taken apart for ease of cleaning and repair. The lack of moving parts, aside from the ones in the magazine, makes it very easy to maintain. Unlike the pistol, the MDR-5-01 models have a replaceable battery located in the butt of the stock. This battery has a charge capable of handling ten-twelve magazines without need for replacement or recharge. Afterwards though, it's merely a simple task of removing the battery and replacing it with a fresh one. It is the only Main Battle Rifle available to the Schirmherrschaft and Nachrichtendienst and has only seen action against criminals and terrorists. It is only to be used by Weltraumflotte Marines in planetary landing operations, since the velocity of each round is enough to penetrate starship bulkheads.

Type: Sniper Rifle
Model: MDR-5-01S Beschützer
Organizations:
- Schirmherrschaft
- Weltraumflotte
- Nachrichtendienst
Dimensions: 70.9 cm. long
Range: 7,900 meters
Discharge: 308 cal.
Firing Modes: Semi-automatic only
Magazine: Stealth Magazine Cylinder-type
Capacity: 20 rounds

History & Description: The fifth mass-driver rifle ever created, the Beschützer is one of three models carrying the MDR-5-01 number. Each model ends with an R, S, or B at the end of the model number. This is because three separate models were needed for the Imperial Military Forces. Like the MDP-3-01, it follows the same basic concepts of all mass-drivers and has a larger capacity per magazine than their chemical counterparts. The only difference is that the MDR-5-01 is to be the primary firearm for all three branches.

A durable and rugged weapon, the MDR-5-01S was created to be the rifle used specifically by snipers. It is a stainless design that has been covered with a non-glossy solution with rubberized grips on the pistol grip and the bottom of the weapon. The iron sight is the same as on the R-version of the MDR-5-01 and only the scope MIL Spec. Picatinny attachment point remains. The small display is still attached to the user end of the handle-hold and displays the amount of battery power as well as the amount of ammunition left in the magazine. A smaller magazine is used to keep the weapon from catching on anything and there is no trigger-guard, enabling the pistol grip to fold inward on the trigger. It is also collapsible, giving the sniper the ability to hide the weapon in a backpack or with-in a cloak.

Like the MDP-3-01, the Beschützer can be taken apart for ease of cleaning and repair. The lack of moving parts, aside from the ones in the magazine, makes it very easy to maintain. Unlike the pistol, the MDR-5-01 models have a replaceable battery located in the butt of the stock. This battery has a charge capable of handling twenty to twenty-four stealth magazines without need for replacement or recharge. Afterwards though, it's merely a simple task of removing the battery and replacing it with a fresh one. Though the only sniper rifle available it has been tested during hostage situations with resounding success.

Type: Marine Boarding Ops Rifle
Model: MDR-5-01B Beschützer
Organizations:
- Weltraumflotte
Dimensions: 60 cm. long
Range: 1,600 meters
Discharge: .22 cal. / 1000 RPM
Firing Modes: Semi-automatic, 3-round burst, or Full-automatic
Magazine: Assault Magazine (17.78 cm in height)
Capacity: 150 rounds (double-stacked)

A durable weapon sporting a shorter barrel than its counterparts, the MDR-5-01B was created to be the rifle used by Weltraumflotte's Marine Corp for boarding actions. It is a ceramic design with rubberized grips on the pistol grip and the bottom of the weapon. The iron sight is the same as on the R-version of the MDR-5-01, but all attachment points have been removed from the weapon. The small display is still attached to the user end of the handle-hold and displays the amount of battery power as well as the amount of ammunition left in the magazine. The weapon's firing velocity has slowed down considerable to keep the weapon from firing through ship bulkheads and decreases risk of decompression. Unfortunately, this makes it difficult for the rounds to penetrate any armor a ship-board enemy may use.

Like the MDP-3-01, the Beschützer can be taken apart for ease of cleaning and repair. The lack of moving parts, aside from the ones in the magazine, makes it very easy to maintain. Unlike the pistol, the MDR-5-01 models have a replaceable battery located in the butt of the stock. This battery has a charge capable of handling ten-twelve magazines without need for replacement or recharge. Afterwards though, it's merely a simple task of removing the battery and replacing it with a fresh one. It is the only Marine Boarding Ops. Rifle and has yet to be tried in combat conditions.

The firearms velocity has been drastically reduced so that the rounds it fires will not report, creating a silent weapon.

You're going to have to elaborate more.

What are these weapon's exact muzzle velocity? If they're mass drives, I'm going to assume that they're all supersonic and possibly hypersonic (more than 3x the speed of sound).

Regardless, the firearm is going to give out a report in an atmosphere, because to propel a round at a velocity sufficient to kill and penetrate the space age armors, it's going to have to be going extremely fast in order to have enough energy to deal damage.

If you want to get around that consider making your weapon have a variable muzzle velocity, a setting for anti-armor and a setting to fire subsonic rounds for silence.

Exact muzzle velocities.

T-T

That's going to take a bit of time. I've discussed the basic concept with my dad, a law enforcement officer, before I created the rifles. It seemed like a logic concept to me, though I was worried a bit about penetration if a round was going under a certain speed. I may just skip the silence treatment and just increase the range of the sniper rifle. The only sound a mass-driver would make anyway would be the bullet report, considering there is no explosion made by chemical propellants.

Bah, I forgot to change the ranges on each rifle anyway. Oh well, my rifle as more than a few bugs right now. But they'll be fixed later on today.

Though I'm glad no one has found problems with the Main Battle Rifle and the Marine Boarding Ops Rifle. That means I can concentrate on the Sniper Rifle.

Well, it would work with Abwehran males considering they have four arms. With that design, the rifle could be fired from the lower arm with that stock sticking out under the armpit of the upper arm.

But then the Abwehran wouldn't be able to use it with that concept.

Anyway, it can still be used like a regular rifle that humans use. There is a handle hold on the top of the rifle. But other than that, I like the design.

Thanks a lot.

Other than flattening out the butt and adding a handle-hold on top of the rifle, the rest is fine. So basically, just flattening out the butt and adding a top handle-hold is all that's really needed.

Preferably a non-glossy black.

And I must compliment you on your fine skills. Very well done. You captured what I wanted pretty well.

Thank you muchos.

Rifle specs have been edited slightly. I decided to get rid of the silence type sniper rifle and go with penetration and range instead.

*updated picture*

I'm still not happy with how the rifle butt turned out but I do like it better than the previous one.

It looks good. I like it, but I do have a suggestion for the butt again. Instead of it looking like that, why not make it solid and just have the shoulder against that. Sort of like the rifles used in the military today.

*updated again*

I like how the butt is turning out now. I'm probably going to try and smooth out the top a bit more and maybe make the whole thing shorter then focus on intigrating the handle and the sights so they don't look so ackward sticking out like that.

I'd change the foreward grip texture. The current "bubbles" one looks really out of place.

Updated picture again. I'm playing around with the handgrip to try and make it look like something that would conform to a creature's hand.

Later I'm probably going to try and hand draw an organic looking grip for the weapon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back