• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Mech Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
In order to prevent the reoccurrence of...undesirable events in the past, @Wes, @Ira would you please post in this thread an unaltered screenshot of permission from the artwork's original creator, Bradley Medina, that states you're authorized to use this particular image here on Star Army?

Last edited:
It isn't a bad idea. A large number of toxic players and malicious staff members kept spreading lies about how you were using art without permission. They also waited until you were away from the site before doing so.

Some of these people are still around too.

At the very least mention the original artist somewhere and say 'used with permission'. You've always had permission in the past but I still think there is some CYA to be done.

Baller.

I'm sure I'll have to search for this post again later....

#IraArtLawyerin

ascontent_dft4_2.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t34.0_12_17793269_188994973124a9199fd51acf2d9a16d6db19f6b5084d.jpgIll post it again. Let me see if I can get his blood type and social security number.

Let's imagine in a perfect world this art is viable.

I have begun to review it.

"The cockpit has several forward facing moniter for looking forward. THe screen can be controlled to show all sides of the vehicle, Operation is done primarily through control sticks for operation of the arms and pedals used to control locomotion. Along with the manual controls, the S1 LAW features a “Dumb” AI. AN artificial intelligence that is rudimentary. The intelligence can operate independant of its owner, behaving in the same way as a very well trained dog…that knows hundreds of commands and can learn."

The things underlined need to be changed to monitors, The, An, and independent, respectively.

Also, I will not be reviewing systems until the text to header ratio is at a good place. What that means, is add a few lines to almost every system.

Okay. Added the corrections. fixed a few spacing issues, and added a few more lines of text elaborating on the systems.

Can Cost have its own header not just under systems? Maybe further up, as well?

"The Vehicle also has..." (No need to capitalize vehicle.)

"...monitor the vehicles systems..." (Add an apostrophe to vehicle's.)

It isn't a bad idea. A large number of toxic players and malicious staff members kept spreading lies about how you were using art without permission. They also waited until you were away from the site before doing so.

Some of these people are still around too.

At the very least mention the original artist somewhere and say 'used with permission'. You've always had permission in the past but I still think there is some CYA to be done.

In order to not derail this thread any further, I'll keep this brief:

@Zack, would you please refrain from making unwarranted personal attacks against other members of SARP (especially staff members who - unlike you yourself - never were once banned from the site, let alone multiple times) and, more importantly, from being dishonest regarding events that occurred in SARP's past? The removal of the Soko Walker's artwork by @Wes himself (as evidenced by the difference between this revision and this one) - in addition to the absence of @Ira that began around the same time and ended only last year - clearly demonstrates in my humble opinion that the "events" I mentioned earlier happened, regardless of your attempts to deny them.

Anyhoo, back to the topic on hand: Thanks for providing the requested information in such a timely matter, @Ira - and I apologize if I came across as rude or anything; given high demand for artwork that exists in SARP, I was merely attempting to ensure the integrity of our community's reputation with DeviantArt and beyond.

In order to not derail this thread any further, I'll keep this brief:

@Zack, would you please refrain from making unwarranted personal attacks against other members of SARP (especially staff members who - unlike you yourself - never were once banned from the site, let alone multiple times) and, more importantly, from being dishonest regarding events that occurred in SARP's past? The removal of the Soko Walker's artwork by @Wes himself (as evidenced by the difference between this revision and this one) - in addition to the absence of @Ira that began around the same time and ended only last year - clearly demonstrates in my humble opinion that the "events" I mentioned earlier happened, regardless of your attempts to deny them.

Anyhoo, back to the topic on hand: Thanks for providing the requested information in such a timely matter, @Ira - and I apologize if I came across as rude or anything; given high demand for artwork that exists in SARP, I was merely attempting to ensure the integrity of our community's reputation with DeviantArt and beyond.

Well, the fact no body asked for your opinion on it means the remarks weren't unwarranted. And I presented the messages demonstrating that I did indeed ask for permission, wes removed the images as he saw fit, it is his wiki so I am not going to argue with him about it. Ensuring the communities integrity is fine, but do not doubt mine. I asked for permission, weather or not it was remembered is on the artist. If I didnt ask permission i'd have used more art.

T me this come off as passive aggressive(Which is a disorder). I do not like it and passive aggressive behavior aimed at me results in me getting active aggressive. So save the implied accusations for somebody else. I did not care for it the first time, and I do not care for it this time.

Apology accepted.

Hey Frost, how about you stop with the personal attacks?

I am pointing out the fact that Staff and Toxic players spread lies about Ira, and that we had to do a lot of work to clear his name.

I know you're a bit of a new player around here and may not know a whole lot about what's been happening, but I think you can appreciate wanting to stick with the facts.

Hey Frost, how about you stop with the personal attacks?

I am pointing out the fact that Staff and Toxic players spread lies about Ira, and that we had to do a lot of work to clear his name.

I know you're a bit of a new player around here and may not know a whole lot about what's been happening, but I think you can appreciate wanting to stick with the facts.
You don't need to post and react to him, especially since you're just prolonging the "stupid"/personal attack potential on either side. Act like an older member and stop throwing coal on the fire. Ira is assuming he's doing it for "passive aggressive" reasons and Jaeger is unnecessarily raising valid concerns. By this, I mean that NTSE could have (and should have) verified the art simply because it looks to be an older piece from the artist. I don't know Ira and when I went and looked up the artist I understood the concern.

You need to take a chill pill. Ira and Frost need to stop rubbing foreheads or whatever this dumbness is. I've officially derailed the stupid. Resume this being an NTSE thread now, plzkthnx.

I don't appreciate this. Can we end this before it becomes something more than a submission?

For the record, I am aware of the past actions taken by staff about this matter and would have asked for proof, myself. Frost and I are on the same page as far as awareness of potential issues that could be brought to light about stealing artwork.

This is not was is happening. We have confirmed that.

Also, for the record, though Wes hasn't said anything in this thread, we spoke about it in chat and that's why I am moving forward with it. I would have waited for his say in the thread if we had not talked in chat about it.

I'd have provided the proof with much less lip if it had come from a the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back