• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Member Spotlight: Eistheid

Status
Not open for further replies.
This month I'd like to give special admin recognition to @Eistheid, who joined us in October 2014.

(Note: I'm using they instead of he or she as this is the gender pronoun used on Eistheid's wiki article)

Eistheid is amazing. First of all, anyone who has got the chance to roleplay with him know's they're quite brilliant. They are a pleasure to write with because they understand the art of a story and have the writing skills to make it happen. They're well-spoken, and stable, and flexible. For example when I had the Star Army come after their character for hacking them, they came up with the most brilliant plot plan that allowed their character to get out of trouble through a really cool roleplay that he did with Luca. I have so much respect for them.

Next, what's very impressive to me is that they adapted to this community in a way that makes me feel like they've always been here despite having only been here for less that two years. I mean really, really, gotten into Star Army. Eistheid not only knows the current setting like the back of their hand, but they spent a lot of time going through the archives and prodding me with questions so that they know the Star Army of the past and where it all started.

Plus Eistheid is one of the only players I know who is actively cleaning up wiki articles with corrective edits (fixing links, spelling, grammar, etc) which is a huge help to everyone.

You can find Eistheid playing in the ISC Phoenix - Volume 2 with their flagship character, as well they are taking part in the Squad 13, YSS Takamagahara, Orochi Squadron, and LSDF Val'ta plots.

I asked people in the site chatroom what they thought of Eistheid and here's the responses I got:
  • "Eistheid is one of the best people I've written with, and has done more for bringing my shabby faction wiki articles back into shape than most of my GMs and players over the decade I've been at this."(Doctomoe)
  • "His characters are highly realistic and have detailed histories. Also Eistheid is always friendly and helpful in chat." (ArsenicJohn)
  • "Eistheid is delicious. And pretty much one of the best roleplayers I know. They care about everything from every angle, help everyone with everything they do and they're not slimy or creepy but earnestly just happy to be here and happy when we're happy." (OsakanOne)
  • "Eistheid is literally the best person I know." (Moogle, seconded by FrostJeager)
So Eistheid, I just want to say THANK YOU on behalf of myself and on behalf of the Star Army community. You're really making this a more positive and fun forum to be on. You've been a good friend to us and I hope you've been enjoying it here as much as we all enjoy having you.

Thank you, thank you, Eistheid!

Eistheid is such a wonderful, level headed individual, that also has a deep love for the setting overall. This was very apparent when the IRC blew up with the treaty abrogation by Yamatai and Eist was seemingly shaken up IRL for over a week about it with concern and worry over what it would do to everyone involved in the community at large. Now that is a true friend of SARP! Hats off to you my friend.

I'm grateful to have worked with Sis at all, let alone on Erasure.

They are immensely talented in writing, plotting and researching. I hope to see a full plotrun from them someday, but they already have Fred-grade detail and precision in their works.

I would be blessed to be a player of theirs.

I think that, out of everyone here, very few people see the rich opportunity that our setting provides like Eistheid. Characters such as Tamamo show this first hand as they show just what a Neko is capable of, as well as the roads less traveled that are open to them. I think that the others are correct though; Eistheid's cool, level head, knowledge and talent would make for a good GM. Well, provided that doesn't turn out stressful and suck the fun out of things of course.

That aside, I love RPing with Eistheid and look forward to continuing. Speaking of, someone needs to post.

And I'd like to chip in as GM of two of the plots Eis plays in that their attention to detail and continuity, as well as exploring avenues and ideas players don't normally consider, are boons to both plots with their respective characters. Their company is great, their level-headed input always welcome, and their fluff and tech articles are always a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…