• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Message Board Ranking System: Skipping Itto Hei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

I was wondering how the message board ranking system works. initially, I assumed it to follow every rank listed here:
http://www.stararmy.com/org/stararmy/uniforms/ranks/index.html

However, I just went from Nito Hei straight to Joto Hei, skipping Itto Hei entirely. How did this happen?

I just got a ship and character approved and started IC RP. Does having your first character and/or design approved make one jump up a level in forum rank?

The forum rank is really not that important, at least in my view, but I never really agreed with its implementation in the first place. I think it's more likely that Itto Hei was just omitted from the board ranking, because the only real determinant for board rank is number of posts. One could be a higher rank than their number of posts would allow, however, if Wes changes the rank manually.

The enlisted and warrant officer rank are merely reflective on your number of posts. This reflects on the sort of starting character you might have, as, for example, the NH-27 nekovalkyrja is reserved only for the Juni ranks... which pretty much are the top of what normal forum members can get to.

However, Wes gives officer rank promotions to the people whom make significant contributions to the SARP. This is why you see a few people with ranks above enlisted or warrant officer. Wes, as far as I know, is the only person whom can award these kinds of promotions.

For a player, I think the ranking itself indicates how high ranked a newly created character can be if it's not your first one (as in, you have some experience in the SARP)... though I don't think I could just go and create myself an admiral-rank character since the SARP has a big preference for roleplayed history.

That seems to sum up pretty well what I read here:
https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=645&highlight=forum+rank

(*GASP* Newbie used the SEARCH FUNCTION!!!)

In any case, that seems fair, I was just wondering why I skipped Itto Hei, which seems like it'd be automatic.

As for Jadg Wolf's idea that it isn't in the board ranking, I went to Memberlist and looked at some of the people who have joined recently, and Itto Hei is in active use in the forum ranking system.

I suppose it isn't a big deal, I'm not any worse off because of it, I'm just wondering what happened.

IIRC, Joto Hei and Itto Hei got mixed up on the board rank. Keep posting and you'll fall to Itto Hei before you reach Nito Heisho ;)

Thanks for noticing! Fixed it.

Ah, okay. Do you want to change me to Itto Hei then, or keep my rank as-is?

There are some Itto-Hei in the Memberlist with more posts than me that may need changing, too...

It should be fine now. ^^

Okay, I switched from Joto Hei to Itto Hei, and was told it was likely the program righting itself, but I just went from Itto Hei to Nito Heisho, which indicates that the problem, at least in my case, wasn't fixed at the time. Were the fixes not applicable to accounts made before the update was made?

Were the fixes not applicable to accounts made before the update was made?
I'm thinking the ranks will fix themselves as you hit the next level. They shouldn't be going backwards. Here's the required posts for each:
Santô Hei 2
Nitô Hei 10
Ittô Hei 17
Jôtô Hei 28
Nitô Heisho 41
Ittô Heisho 58
Jôtô Heisho 95
Santô Juni 135
Nitô Juni 212
Ittô Juni 300
Everything is in order.

Ah, okay then. It's not an issue for me anymore since I've passed those ranks, but I thought it might still have been an issue for others. Thanks for checking. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back