• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Gaming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Do you not understand the tactical value of the box?
I saw a guy win twenty thousand dollars because of a box at this point I'm willing to believe anything. Box tactics come out on top sometimes, if It's an extra large box you can hide steaks in there to eat when you're hurt too.

So far on my S run mission 9 backup, back down. Has proved one of the most challenging if you don't intend to spend quite a while going through the whole mission at least a couple times and destroying the bonus vehicles which are essentially required to S rank it the normal way.

Although exchanging words with one of my buddies about this he told me about the fact that It's apparently, stupidly, stupidly easy to get the no trace bonus on this mission... That alone is enough to S rank you.

So basically the key to getting a really easy S on this mission are as follows, you need D-Horse and a fulton upgraded to recover vehicles.
Don't use any of your equipment and items for the mission, no grenades, decoys, mines, anything... Just leave D-Horse in the middle of the road.
When the first Russian armored vehicle you see pauses on the road to honk at D-Horse and get it to fuck off; just sneak up and fulton the vehicle, then back off out of the road. Use your cigar to "blow" the rest of the mission time, then get out of dodge.

If you got the no traces bonus you just S ranked one of the hardest missions to do so conventionally in the game.

For most of the other ones you can basically just perfect sneak them with no kill bonus/no reflex bonus as quick as you can for the rank. With the obvious exceptions being missions where combat is inevitable.

Mission 9 was fairly unconventional to try a S rank but with this method was actually comically easy. Plus saves a crap load of time because otherwise It's a long ass mission, especially if you have to attempt it a minimum of two times. That's like short of an hour.

Fuck that, just use a horse and a balloon. Otherwise getting an S on this is in all likelihood going to be a phantom pain in your ass.

Last edited:
That was beautiful. You just made my dayday.

"Snake, I....I need you to put these seeds up your butt. They’ll fall right out of mine. I’ve done this too many times, Snake, I mean, you’re young. You’ve got your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut, yet malleable. You got to do it for Diamond Dogs, Snake. Y-you’ve got to put these seeds inside your butt."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back