• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Michiko of Astal Vanguard

Ah, thanks, yeah I wanted this to be present day. I'll get that corrected! It is kind of a flash back, but it is happening present day. Curios, do you just stamp by the year, or do your time stamps go deeper then that? Getting too specific can be cumbersome, I found. Aelyria used to be down to the day. And of course they didn't work off of the human calendar. Brightenings, instead of days, there where 10 of those in a cycle, instead of a week. 5 cycles to the month, 15 months to the pattern rather then a year, and 3 patterns to an era. Each month had its own name, associated to an aelyrian god. and each day as well. So you could literally live day to day on the calender, if you wanted to. quite hard to wrap your head around though. they eventually relaxed the TS regiment to "as specific as you want beyond the season and year." Other stipulations apply, but all the same, much easier then day, week, month, year, of storyline x.

Well, in the interest of getting my character underway, I don't particularly care who responds to it, just so long as she is picked up by someone. If @Sigma still thinks that Michiko can join up with the 4th, then I guess it is an opportunity to do so, outside of the regular plot thread as a way of easing me into the plot. Or for that matter, anyone who would like to have a tinkering Iroma on board!

You can stamp as specific or as vaguely as you want to. We don't have strict guidelines on it (or a special calendar...although that could be cool). I suppose we tend to focus mostly on the location. Also, timestamping posts is still sort of a new thing in Star Army, and we could use more of it. Thanks for the update!

Well, as I said, getting too specific can get cumbersome. So if you were going to use a custom system that would be intended to be universal to each of the races, I would suggest using just a numbering system. I had attempted to launch my own mech rpg at one point that I never completed so it never went anywhere. But I had a dating system based purely on sets of 10s. So it basically read as 7:6:9:35 of local time. And that reads out as Day Seven, of Cycle 6, in the 9th month in Year 35 local time. Yeah, that meant that there were 100 days in a month, and 1,000 days in a year, but when you are talking about space travel you no longer are recording according to trips around the sun, or revolutions around your own planet. So might as well set it to sets of 10s, because it is easy. when you start putting names to the months that is when things start getting confusing, especially when you have so many different cultures and ethnicities and languages and such rolling around the known verse. I doubt that everyone would want to use the Yamatai's calender, and "young" species would have an ever bigger problem of it. They are just now starting to learn the common language, let alone changing their time systems. But anyways, thats about as complicated as a time marking system as I would want to see in a game system like this. *shrug*

I have been in talks and we have reached an agreement. I have edited the character so that she can start off as a member of the AV, in the hospitality of the 4th Fleet. More edits will be made later as we RP out her entry into the Marines. But as it is, this is enough to get started so that we can make further changes down the road as she becomes part of Nepleslia.

Alright. Moving this to the approved folder!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back