• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Midori EX-40 Custom Hime

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll take the reviewer spot on this just bare with me, will be a little slow due to health reasons but it looks interesting so I will review it :) Will get started tonight/tomorrow morning.

This vessel is a sharp design. The deck art is *chef kiss*. I enjoy it when ships have a development lineage, where an old design is either improved or modified. You definitely hit all the points of a ship that would be great for someone starting out a solo adventure or that excellent civilian ride. I can't help but compare it to the Misha which with bias is of my favorite ships on the site. The technology and design are sound, and outside of a small pencil pushing point, I'd say this is ready for a green light. I think the nomenclature would be OI-Y1-1B because it is a modification of the original 1A design. So as long as you don't mind a minor edit to that fact, I'm ready to give a stamp once a Yamatai FM (Other than me since I'm the reviewer) dots their OK on it.

Let me know when that minor edit is made, and @Wes @Yuuki for the Yamatai FM stamp.

Have a great day. Bump when ready.

I can't help but compare it to the Misha which with bias is of my favorite ships on the site.
Given it's about half the size of a Misha along with the other similarities I think it lives in a nice niche.

And given my main character lives in a heavily modified Hime, I already like the idea in general (though it's more about comfy living than expeditions)

hi hi

Let me know when that minor edit is made
Done and done. Nomenclature is updated to OI-Y1-1B.

Given it's about half the size of a Misha along with the other similarities I think it lives in a nice niche.
It's just under half the length and probably less than a quarter the internal volume. (The reason I paired it with the Misha in the beauty shot was because it ends up being kind of like the Misha's baby step-sister.)

@Kai has a more modern replacement for Onset. There's the Starbryte, and I think maybe a newer one?

Also I dig the Misha in that livery. You're paying for Omnihue, gotta get your KS worth!

hi hi

@Kai has a more modern replacement for Onset. There's the Starbryte, and I think maybe a newer one?
There's the Starbryte and the Escape-class (Which doubles as an escape pod) and technically the T11/ Skylyte (which is really more for atmospheric ops though it can do space just fine)
The docking entrance is quite strict, it seems. My measurements might have been off, since it seems like the side view of the Princess is rendered in perspective rather than orthographic, but I did end up enlarging the opening to just barely fit the 10 meter long Onset. The T11 and Starbryte-L would probably fit going in nose first, taking up two pads. The Starbryte-A might fit, maybe... at the risk of scratching the paint if the pilot is off by an inch or two.

Also I dig the Misha in that livery. You're paying for Omnihue, gotta get your KS worth!
Thanks! I looked up "private boat," and "surfboard colors," for ideas when I came up with it. ;)

it seems like the side view of the Princess is rendered in perspective rather than orthographic
Unfortunately, DoGa doesn't really have any camera options for its renderings so everything is in perspective. Really weirds me out when I send the model files to other people and they render it in another program; everything looks 'off' from what I'm used to, lol

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved. Please link in and update struct.

Midori EX-40 Exploration Yacht on Star Army Space Roleplay is link for now, origin don't seem to have its products sorted.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back