• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Minimum Standards for Setting Additions

Use this as a standard for setting additions of star systems/planets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If my Nullbear plans are jeopardized, that may just be an option...

Of course, we'll probably have Dark One's for Sleepers if someone felt like making it stupidly dangerous. Get your omni-tank ready.

SARP Wormhole Space when, current SARP HiSec is boring. CONCORD everywhere.
What, like a second map or something? Like a layer "above" the map? You could do subspace like this: Explaining it as the map being the same size but the distances all being much much shorter (so by dipping into subspace, you don't have to go as far).

Could be fun to chart this space or even explore it.

Maybe it has clusters of mass in similar positions to our own stars that operate under different rules: Like worlds without stars -- light as we know it bleeding into this space with the sky always lit white and the 'stars' pinpricks of black.

What, like a second map or something? Like a layer "above" the map? You could do subspace like this: Explaining it as the map being the same size but the distances all being much much shorter (so by dipping into subspace, you don't have to go as far).

Maybe it has clusters of mass in similar positions to our own stars that operate under different rules: Like worlds without stars -- light as we know it bleeding into this space with the sky always lit white and the 'stars' pinpricks of black.

I should probably have said Nullsec instead of Wormhole space. Technically, in EVE, WH space is still in the same galaxy, just on some uncharted place far away. The reason I said that in my previous post is because the size of the map, despite big, has its distance from one point to another made moot by how fast someone can travel. And then, there's also this:

Looking at the map closely, the large sections of it are increasingly undesirable due to the "zoning" by larger factions.

This distance effectively makes the setting unfavorable for small, independent ships or groups, since the Ultrapolice can get where they're needed in a few minutes when they're light years away. Furthermore, this also makes anything like a pirate base or Haven very likely to get squashed.

It would be nice to do stuff out of the map.

The depths of EVE Wormhole Space are so complex you need to live there for a year or two to get your head around it completely, although that's the same with most other sectors of EVE Online. Basically WH space is the space between two or more wormholes, they typically have a sun (of some kind or another...) and are inhabited by ancient drones known as Sleepers who are very very dangerous, but very lucrative for salvage. The wormholes between Known Space and Wormhole Space are constantly opening and closing and shifting, so mapping them becomes impossible more than a few days at a time at most.

Sometimes the players living in these wormholes like to appear out of them just to mess with players in Known Space for fights and giggles. There's a whole metric shipload of other stuff I haven't mentioned, but you now get a better idea of what Fox and I were talking about. XD

Based on the votes, there's support for these standards but it's not strong. So I think it'd be better if they were just guidelines.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back