• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Mining Guild's System Draco Eridanus System

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=starsystem:asteroid_field
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
alright, here it is, my final submission for my corp. I wasn't sure if Space stations and shipyards had to be submitted separately or not, my apologies my brain farted.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll go with the flow on max population, but I'd still like to see the other numbers fixed. Specifically, the initial immigrants one is fairly non-flexible in terms of needing to be lowered, as the NDC only had about 3.6 million people total at the time that the system was settled. The population growth is just a math error, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't be fixed.

I say let's just remove the population growth chart and call it a day. It's not really necessary and we can just wing it later if needed.

Based on the 900,000 Charaa agreed to earlier, I changed the numbers to this:

Code:
==== Inhabitants ====
Crew: 3400 operators are recommended

Maximum Capacity: There are accommodations for 900,700 people in addition to the Stations crew.

^ Population name ^Numbers|
^ Original immigrant numbers| 400,000 |
^ Employed by the Mining Guild| 164,000 |
^ non Mining Guild employees| 383,000 |

I'm hoping that this settles things, but at this point I'm skeptical about that.

So what is this really about? I get the impression that Charaa was beefing up the Mining Guild with an eye to them becoming their own faction and it being their "homeworld." If that's the case I don't have a problem with that but I feel obligated to point out that these numbers don't really matter, what matters in terms of factions being successful or able to stand on their own are:
  1. Does the faction or subfaction have people regularly posting RP on the forums?
  2. Actually there's actually no other criteria lol
Anyway, that's a whole other tangent so if you want to talk about that, keep it minimal here and start a new thread if needed, as I'd like to focus on just resolving only the stuff on this particular wiki page. I will say when we work together we can accomplish bigger things than working apart. Star Army has been hit hard in the last 2-3 years by everyone going off making their own site and instead of a big active community now we got like 5 slow communities all hurting badly for players and this same sort of thing applies to factions so I encourage you guys and everyone to be forgiving, willing to compromise, and try to find ways to work with each other not against each other. It's a small community so treat everyone like you're gonna see them again and invest in those OOC relationships. We come for the RP but ultimately it's the people we stay for and I'd like you to consider if a "hard-line stance" over some wiki numbers is productive in that respect.

Sorry for getting all meta but these are the things I think about.

That all seems reasonable to me. Behind the scenes, there's been a bit of talk about incorporating the Mining Guild as part of the NDC's feudal structure as the Duchy of Draco Eridanus to give it legitimacy and a bit more free reign to do as it likes in its duchy as opposed to simply owning a station in NDC space. Because of that, I'd taken a bit more of a hands-on stance in terms of looking at details on pages that were being actively updated to make sure that everything made sense before things were made official.

The main reason I cared so much about the initial population wasn't necessarily "Oh I don't want the mining guild to be more independent of the NDC." and more "But we didn't even have enough people to do that yet..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back